Boo!

Just that you never say anything derogatory about Obama or Hilliary or the Doctor will jump on you like a frog on a Junebug. And never, never, never argue with the Doctor.

Uh-oh. I see future trouble brewing with the doc...

Verra informative! Thanky!

Doc's a solid logician.
Hoss on the other hand is a card -- the Joker.

Then there's Alex.. Brings his own period. Not sure what to make of that but I treat it as a fermata.

Let's see... pointers.... bring many hip boots, and don't trust anyone who posts in this thread.

Oh wait... never mind.

As far as the terrain, it tends to jump off the terracks.

:welcome:

I like you.

Welcome, Alexandra. We all hope you'll enjoy this forum. And we're sure you'll find people, whom you'll enjoy and who'll enjoy you.

Nice looking girl at your avatar, is it you? Are you Russian? At least your name is.

Others answered before I could on the AV - Amelie has been my online ambassador for quite some time. And no, no Russky heritage I'm aware of. A mutt of many other breeds, though.

Nice looking girl at your avatar, is it you? .

Amélie (2001) - IMDb

**nod nod**

If you're Russian, or anti-Russian, be careful what you say.
Russia's FSB (KGB successor) is not far away!

But Trump trusts Putin, so I do too! [/sarcasm]

Remember to turn your head and cough when someone disagrees with you.:thup:

But my germs are lovely and make people smarter.

Judging by your avatar, I take it you are a fellow fan of Amelie :). My youngest sister is probably a bigger fan than I am. As to your query, I agree with defcon4- there are some places I have only glanced at before hurrying along, the entire "taunting arena" at the bottom of the home page being the primary example. In general, I've tended to mainly post in the conspiracy section of forums, but I've found that, in general, women aren't fans of the frequently divisive dialogue in those (I myself get tired of it at times). Right now, I'm spending most of my time in the Economy sub forum, though I'm pretty sure the reason for that has to do with a particular poster there rather then the fact that I'm a huge fan of discussing the economy in general. I'm not sure what your interests are, but judging from your avatar, you may like movies, you may want to check out the review of movies/books.

I'm definitely not one to shy away from flames or divisive dialogue, as long as it's pithy. Conspiracy forums.... we'll see. Thank you for the links and breakdown of your haunts! And yes, I do like movies quite a bit.
That is the problem, if you make them smarter the entertainment value on this board goes down.

Pfft. I find nothing more entertaining then an intelligent discussion :).

Let's see... pointers.... bring many hip boots, and don't trust anyone who posts in this thread.

Oh wait... never mind.

I like you.

Welcome, Alexandra. We all hope you'll enjoy this forum. And we're sure you'll find people, whom you'll enjoy and who'll enjoy you.

Nice looking girl at your avatar, is it you? Are you Russian? At least your name is.

Others answered before I could on the AV - Amelie has been my online ambassador for quite some time. And no, no Russky heritage I'm aware of. A mutt of many other breeds, though.

Amélie (2001) - IMDb

**nod nod**

Judging by your avatar, I take it you are a fellow fan of Amelie :). My youngest sister is probably a bigger fan than I am. As to your query, I agree with defcon4- there are some places I have only glanced at before hurrying along, the entire "taunting arena" at the bottom of the home page being the primary example. In general, I've tended to mainly post in the conspiracy section of forums, but I've found that, in general, women aren't fans of the frequently divisive dialogue in those (I myself get tired of it at times). Right now, I'm spending most of my time in the Economy sub forum, though I'm pretty sure the reason for that has to do with a particular poster there rather then the fact that I'm a huge fan of discussing the economy in general. I'm not sure what your interests are, but judging from your avatar, you may like movies, you may want to check out the review of movies/books.

I'm definitely not one to shy away from flames or divisive dialogue, as long as it's pithy. Conspiracy forums.... we'll see. Thank you for the links and breakdown of your haunts! And yes, I do like movies quite a bit.
That is the problem, if you make them smarter the entertainment value on this board goes down.

^^^^^^^
Alexandra see what I mean

:lol:

Just that you never say anything derogatory about Obama or Hilliary or the Doctor will jump on you like a frog on a Junebug. And never, never, never argue with the Doctor.

Doc's a solid logician.

And Pogo??? He's kinda sweet too. :p

Aw shux. I knew I should have added --- Kat's a kool kitty. :smiliehug:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Doc's a solid logician.

And Pogo??? He's kinda sweet too. :p

Aw shux. I knew I should have added --- Kat's a kool kitty. :smiliehug:

:) :smiliehug:

Oh wait... never mind.

I like you.

Amélie (2001) - IMDb

**nod nod**

^^^^^^^

Very funny :p. To be fair, the non intelligent kind can be entertaining, but only briefly. As soon as you start feeling like your in Monty Python's "Argument Clinic" (let alone the department of abuse), it's time to move on :p...

Oh wait... never mind.

I like you.

**nod nod**

^^^^^^^

Very funny :p. To be fair, the non intelligent kind can be entertaining, but only briefly. As soon as you start feeling like your in Monty Python's "Argument Clinic" (let alone the department of abuse), it's time to move on :p...

This place is a goof, lots of fun, silly stuff and serious talk

Alexandra , Left no trail or indication of political leanings... Hmmmm, a lady of mystery... Very clever on the whole. Possible sense of humor which will be necessary to endure any length of time. You will find the members without a sense of humor very dry and will want to avoid them if at all possible.

upload_2016-8-6_1-7-32.png

Alexandra , Left no trail or indication of political leanings... Hmmmm, a lady of mystery... Very clever on the whole. Possible sense of humor which will be necessary to endure any length of time. You will find the members without a sense of humor very dry and will want to avoid them if at all possible.

View attachment 84442

Oh I think she left an indication. Clearly she's one of "us".
You know --- "us".

Pogo said:

Oh wait... never mind.

Alexandra said:
I like you.

Just because she is being nice to you pogo does not mean she drinks from the same well you drink from and clearly that is not or are there any other indications of political leanings... Like I already stated "a lady of mystery"...

Pogo said:

Oh wait... never mind.

Alexandra said:
I like you.

Just because she is being nice to you pogo does not mean she drinks from the same well you drink from and clearly that is not or are there any other indications of political leanings... Like I already stated "a lady of mystery"...

That's uh... not what I meant at all. Not even close.
I refer to the relentless binarybot mentality here that invariably degrades to the hunkering build-a-fort mentality of the two camps, the "us" and the "them". The whole Eliminationist mindset.

You'll notice I never specified which is which, or who is who. Because it doesn't matter. The fact of fatal binary thinking is the whole point of the comment. You're relatively new here yourself, maybe you haven't noticed. Yet.

You know --- "us".

I refer to the relentless binarybot mentality here that invariably degrades to the hunkering build-a-fort mentality of the two camps, the "us" and the "them". The whole Eliminationist mindset.

You'll notice I never specified which is which, or who is who. Because it doesn't matter. The fact of fatal binary thinking is the whole point of the comment. You're relatively new here yourself, maybe you haven't noticed. Yet.

All I know is I came into a quasi-neutral OP hoping to extend a welcome to a new poster. I extended the welcome, made a couple of observations and left thinking I had done a good deed. But nooo, another member who reads like they may be PWI comes along and wants to flex his mental muscles and impress the new poster. Do you feel like you have accomplished anything worthwhile?

Also you can take your binarybot mentality and elilminationist mindset bullshit and make firewood out of it... And as far as my length of time here at USMB is irrelevant, you on the hand who is averaging 40 posts a day should maybe take a vacay... Possibly enjoy some time in South Carolina...

You know --- "us".

All I know is I came into a quasi-neutral OP hoping to extend a welcome to a new poster. I extended the welcome, made a couple of observations and left thinking I had done a good deed. But nooo, another member who reads like they may be PWI comes along and wants to flex his mental muscles and impress the new poster. Do you feel like you have accomplished anything worthwhile?

Also you can take your binarybot mentality and elilminationist mindset bullshit and make firewood out of it... And as far as my length of time here at USMB is irrelevant, you on the hand who is averaging 40 posts a day should maybe take a vacay... Possibly enjoy some time in South Carolina...

:cuckoo:

There are 3 rules here only, and I can only remember one of them -- no attacks on yo' momma or yo' daddy or any other family members -- that's one of them.

There are two more but I can remember what they are.

There are 3 rules here only, and I can only remember one of them -- no attacks on yo' momma or yo' daddy or any other family members -- that's one of them.

There are two more but I can remember what they are.

"There are two more but I can remember what they are."

Yes one of them is about not accusing people of being child molesters and paedophiles.

This is ZONE 1. Follow the rules for this area or risk being infracted.

Thread has been cleaned. Anything after this post WILL be dealt with by the mods at our discretion.

Forum List

Back