Bombing at Yemen police academy kills dozens

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I see from the number of alerts from my stalker when I just signed on that no one was able to get the crane to lift him off of his Porta-potty so he had to keep himself happy some way during the night and the morning until the staff came in to feed him breakfast. Meanwhile, all these young people were probably happy and eager to begin their new careers when they were killed.

Bombing at Yemen police academy kills dozens
The bomber struck as lines of cadets waited outside the academy, preparing to enrol, witnesses said.
  • Share on Facebook

A suicide bomber driving a minibus full of explosives killed at least 50 people Wednesday morning near a police academy in the heart of Yemen's capital, Sanaa, security officials said. Several dozen were wounded.

By: Ahmed Al-Haj Associated Press, Published on Wed Jan 07 2015
SANAA, YEMEN — A suicide bomber driving a minibus killed at least 33 people on Wednesday as cadets gathered to enrol at a police academy in the heart of Yemen’s capital Sanaa, authorities said.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. Yemen’s local Al Qaeda branch, targeted in frequent U.S. drone strikes in the country, has carried out similar attacks in the past.

At the scene of the blast, the dead and wounded lay on a sidewalk against a wall. Water sprayed by firefighters to extinguish the blaze mixed with their pooled blood. A charred taxi cab smouldered near what remained of the minibus, metres from a gate for the police academy, located in a residential area.

Continue reading at:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/01/07/bombing_at_yemen_police_academy_kil

Forum List

Back