Boehner: Federal job losses? 'So be it'

As it should be. When a private company has a revenue shortfall, they have to layoff workers. The government should be no different.

Private companies have been laying off lately during times of crazy profits.

Which in turn caused much of the cyclical collapse in employment we've seen in recent years.

Off-shoring, Near Shoring, international conglomerates, reduction through removal of redundancy...in essence..De Facto Monopolies.

And the consolidation of wealth.

The march toward the Conservative goal of a Third World America continues! Good job boys!:lol:

Uh, no. That hasn't happened. But if you want to know why companies off-shore, look no further than Washington. When a country makes it difficult to do business within its own borders, off-shoring occurs.

BTW, did you hear that Canada just lowered the corporate tax rate? Expect their GDP to get a big boost.

Corporate Income Tax Rates | Canada Business Tax | Canadian Business & Corporate Tax Rates

Uh..yeah.

And Canada..has some extremely tough banking regulations. Hence they didn't need to do bailouts. Hence..they have the cash to cover lowering corporate rates.

But cherry picking is fun.

Carry on.

Understood. I wonder how many of our GIs will get laid off? So, where is that Jobs Bill?

Probably none. Defense has usually been exempt.

Whenever the government puts together a 'jobs bill', I always get a little nervous since the government cannot directly create jobs (except for government jobs which defeats the purpose since the private sector has to pay a high price for a government job). I would prefer they not do that. Instead, they should spend within their means and pay off the debt.

I'm confused. During the run up to the 2010 elections, Boehner's mantra about Obama was "where's the jobs"? Are you saying that now that the GOP has control of the House, government can't create jobs?

The government can never create jobs, period. They can only create an environment that makes it easier for jobs to be created in the private sector.

Whenever the government puts together a 'jobs bill', I always get a little nervous since the government cannot directly create jobs (except for government jobs which defeats the purpose since the private sector has to pay a high price for a government job). I would prefer they not do that. Instead, they should spend within their means and pay off the debt.

I'm confused. During the run up to the 2010 elections, Boehner's mantra about Obama was "where's the jobs"? Are you saying that now that the GOP has control of the House, government can't create jobs?

The government can never create jobs, period. They can only create an environment that makes it easier for jobs to be created in the private sector.

So, what do you think will be contained in the GOP "Jobs Bill" they promised in order to get elected?

No..he's saying that Boehner wants to increase unemployment.

Catch up.:lol:

GOP has never been about job creation. It's been about getting their rich backers..richer.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Try not to project.

I find it highly unintelligent when lefties like to opint out cutting in a program or department will ONLY save a small fraction. If your point is, we need to cut deply into social programs just come out and say so. Let your leadership know your ready. Maybe Obama would grow a spine then.

Which in turn caused much of the cyclical collapse in employment we've seen in recent years.

Off-shoring, Near Shoring, international conglomerates, reduction through removal of redundancy...in essence..De Facto Monopolies.

The march toward the Conservative goal of a Third World America continues! Good job boys!:lol:

Uh, no. That hasn't happened. But if you want to know why companies off-shore, look no further than Washington. When a country makes it difficult to do business within its own borders, off-shoring occurs.

BTW, did you hear that Canada just lowered the corporate tax rate? Expect their GDP to get a big boost.

Corporate Income Tax Rates | Canada Business Tax | Canadian Business & Corporate Tax Rates

Uh..yeah.

And Canada..has some extremely tough banking regulations. Hence they didn't need to do bailouts. Hence..they have the cash to cover lowering corporate rates.

Carry on.

Whatever. You don't seem to be interested in the truth, so I'll just leave you to your fantasy world.

So, what do you think will be contained in the GOP "Jobs Bill" they promised in order to get elected?

No clue. The GOP has lost their way so it could be anything. I'm guessing it'll have some of the same job-killing garbage that is in a Democrat "Jobs Bill" since there's little difference between the two major parties anymore.

I find it highly unintelligent when lefties like to opint out cutting in a program or department will ONLY save a small fraction. If your point is, we need to cut deply into social programs just come out and say so. Let your leadership know your ready. Maybe Obama would grow a spine then.

Yeah it is kinda of stupid.

Cutting employees adds to the unemployment rolls and lessens service.

It's a triple whammy.

Uh..yeah.

Carry on.

Whatever. You don't seem to be interested in the truth, so I'll just leave you to your fantasy world.

Interested in what truth? What happened to Lehman? It's owned by Barclay's. What happened to the New York Stock Exchange? It went public, merged with Arca, Merged with Euronext and is now merging with Deutche Borse. What happened to Bear Stearns? It got taken over JP Morgan. What happened to Compaq? It got taken over by HP. That's fantasy in your book?? TARP another fantasy?

Okay.

What other fantasies are there? Canada has government health care. Canada pays a fraction of what the US pays in defense expenditure. Canada doesn't have the same population of the United States.

Sheesh..all those fantasies..:lol:

Why do you say that?

Because they can just retrain and fly a different plane. Do you think the military would just let a guy capable of flying fighter jets go?

Well, if the GOP is looking to lay off Federal employees, don't our military fighter jet pilots fall into that category?

They fall under the category of federal employees, yes, and like I was saying people like that don't grow on trees. "Laying off" fighter pilots just isn't happening. You are trying to make a silly partisan point here, IMO. If you are serious about the budget deficit you should realize that means spending cuts. Spending cuts mean job losses.

Last edited:
"Over the last two years since President Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

Federal Eye - John Boehner: If federal jobs are lost, 'So be it'

I sure hope the GOP comes through on their promise of a Jobs Bill soon. It looks like a lot of Federal Employees are going to hit the unemployment ranks if Boehner gets his way. Not that he cares....he got HIS government job...

Wait, the Republican's promised a piece of legislation entitled "Jobs Bill" at some point? Was that in the pledge to america which I didn't read or what? Can someone provide me a link showing the GOP jobs bill promise?

P.S. I imagine if you asked Boehner, he would say the bill to repeal Obamacare was an attempt to create jobs. Just a wild guess.

Boehner's numbers are a little off. 200K? It's more like 50K jobs were added to Federal Payrolls. And the amount of Federal/State workers are at historic lows. It represents like 5% of the budget as well.

Way to get that Deficit under control.

Even the OP's article says the actual number is around 107,000. So you and Boehner have something in common - you're both lying sacks of shit. :eusa_shhh:

The private sector just lost 8 million jobs over the last two years. Why should federal employees be exempted from this process? Anyway, the terms/sceps/steps/fed interns will be the first to be laid off. Permanents close to retirement will be given an early out.

Because they can just retrain and fly a different plane. Do you think the military would just let a guy capable of flying fighter jets go?

Well, if the GOP is looking to lay off Federal employees, don't our military fighter jet pilots fall into that category?

They fall under the category of federal employees, yes, and like I was saying people like that don't grow on trees. "Laying off" fighter pilots just isn't happening. You are trying to make a silly partisan point here, IMO. If you are serious about the budget deficit you should realize that means spending cuts. Spending cuts mean job losses.

I agree with you 100%. However, you must make cuts across the board. We can no longer (not that we ever could) afford to be the world's police force. We don't need the number of fighter planes we have, which in turn means we do not need th number of fighter jet pilots. It is wasteful spending, and it needs to be eliminated.

As it should be. When a private company has a revenue shortfall, they have to layoff workers. The government should be no different.

It's true the US has one of the highest corprate tax rates in the world. BUT the US also has the most tax loopholes in the world. That explains why Exxon didn't pay any taxes in 2010 and they had record profits!

"Over the last two years since President Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

Federal Eye - John Boehner: If federal jobs are lost, 'So be it'

I sure hope the GOP comes through on their promise of a Jobs Bill soon. It looks like a lot of Federal Employees are going to hit the unemployment ranks if Boehner gets his way. Not that he cares....he got HIS government job...

Where was the outrage from liberals when clinton was putting Vets out of jobs?

Forum List

Back