Boehner: Federal job losses? 'So be it'

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
"Over the last two years since President Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

Federal Eye - John Boehner: If federal jobs are lost, 'So be it'

I sure hope the GOP comes through on their promise of a Jobs Bill soon. It looks like a lot of Federal Employees are going to hit the unemployment ranks if Boehner gets his way. Not that he cares....he got HIS government job...

As it should be. When a private company has a revenue shortfall, they have to layoff workers. The government should be no different.

Understood. I wonder how many of our GIs will get laid off? So, where is that Jobs Bill?

As it should be. When a private company has a revenue shortfall, they have to layoff workers. The government should be no different.

Understood. I wonder how many of our GIs will get laid off? So, where is that Jobs Bill?

Your hero's budget calls for a 16+% decrease in defense spending... How many GIs do you want to lay off?

Are you asking the Republicans to come in and save your 0ssiah now?

Boehner's numbers are a little off. 200K? It's more like 50K jobs were added to Federal Payrolls. And the amount of Federal/State workers are at historic lows. It represents like 5% of the budget as well.

Way to get that Deficit under control.

Probably none. Defense has usually been exempt.

Whenever the government puts together a 'jobs bill', I always get a little nervous since the government cannot directly create jobs (except for government jobs which defeats the purpose since the private sector has to pay a high price for a government job). I would prefer they not do that. Instead, they should spend within their means and pay off the debt.

Private companies have been laying off lately during times of crazy profits.

Which in turn caused much of the cyclical collapse in employment we've seen in recent years.

Off-shoring, Near Shoring, international conglomerates, reduction through removal of redundancy...in essence..De Facto Monopolies.

And the consolidation of wealth.

The march toward the Conservative goal of a Third World America continues! Good job boys!:lol:

Whenever the government puts together a 'jobs bill', I always get a little nervous since the government cannot directly create jobs (except for government jobs which defeats the purpose since the private sector has to pay a high price for a government job). I would prefer they not do that. Instead, they should spend within their means and pay off the debt.

I'm confused. During the run up to the 2010 elections, Boehner's mantra about Obama was "where's the jobs"? Are you saying that now that the GOP has control of the House, government can't create jobs?

I'm confused. During the run up to the 2010 elections, Boehner's mantra about Obama was "where's the jobs"? Are you saying that now that the GOP has control of the House, government can't create jobs?

No..he's saying that Boehner wants to increase unemployment.

Catch up.:lol:

GOP has never been about job creation. It's been about getting their rich backers..richer.

I read somewhere this morning that Obama wants the IRS to hire around 1000 employees to start implenting the first stages of Obamacare. More government jobs!

I have little sympathy for government workers who may be laid off. All those perks and hefty paychecks ... awwwwww. Maybe they'll be picked up by the IRS.

Anywho ... good to see you VaYank! It's been awhile. If you haven't noticed, Madeline has been giving you a run for your money when it comes to starting Palin threads. Are you going to let her out-do you? *wink*

Private companies have been laying off lately during times of crazy profits.

Which in turn caused much of the cyclical collapse in employment we've seen in recent years.

Off-shoring, Near Shoring, international conglomerates, reduction through removal of redundancy...in essence..De Facto Monopolies.

And the consolidation of wealth.

The march toward the Conservative goal of a Third World America continues! Good job boys!:lol:

Uh, no. That hasn't happened. But if you want to know why companies off-shore, look no further than Washington. When a country makes it difficult to do business within its own borders, off-shoring occurs.

BTW, did you hear that Canada just lowered the corporate tax rate? Expect their GDP to get a big boost.

Corporate Income Tax Rates | Canada Business Tax | Canadian Business & Corporate Tax Rates

Regardless of what the wet brained orange guy from Ohio said, any kind of serious deficit reduction plan is going to involve job losses in both the public and private-ish sector. I don't see any reason why I should care any more for the federal employee losing their job than I do the person who builds fighter jets.

I read somewhere this morning that Obama wants the IRS to hire around 1000 employees to start implenting the first stages of Obamacare. More government jobs!

I have little sympathy for government workers who may be laid off. All those perks and hefty paychecks ... awwwwww. Maybe they'll be picked up by the IRS.

Anywho ... good to see you VaYank! It's been awhile. If you haven't noticed, Madeline has been giving you a run for your money when it comes to starting Palin threads. Are you going to let her out-do you? *wink*

So, you have little sympathy for government workers, fine. Now when those government workers begin to default on their mortgages, which in turn hurts your own assessment, what then? What about having to pay all of these newly unemployed, unemployment benefits? Money doesn't grow on trees you know. And finally, where are the jobs the gOP promised? If there were private sector jobs to absorb the Federal layoffs, I would agree with the "so be it" attitude, but since there aren't, and the GOP still has not produced the Jobs Bill they promised, what happens now?

Palin is dying a slow death, and I am happy to watch from the sidelines for now. She will stick her foot in her mouth again, soon enough and I will be here to revel in it. Promise!

Regardless of what the wet brained orange guy from Ohio said, any kind of serious deficit reduction plan is going to involve job losses in both the public and private-ish sector. I don't see any reason why I should care any more for the federal employee losing their job than I do the person who builds fighter jets.

Because the pilot of said fighter jet could get laid off......

Not really.

Not really.

Why do you say that?

Forum List

Back