Bobby Jindal: ‘Let’s just get rid of the court’

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Bobby Jindal: ‘Let’s just get rid of the court’
MSNBC ^ | 6/27/2015 | Adam Howard
In the wake of Friday’s historic Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality, Republicans did not hold back their rage – but few politicians went as far as 2016 candidate Gov. Bobby Jindal.
The Louisiana Republican, who launched a longshot bid for the presidency last week, suggested that the 5-4 ruling, which made same-sex marriage legal throughout the nation, was cause for disbanding the entire Supreme Court.
“The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body,” Jindal said in a statement on Friday. “If we want to save some money, let’s just get rid of the court."
“Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that,” he added.

We should abolish it as it is a snake.

Why?

Because even though you appoint conservative justices they actually uphold the Constitution most of the time?

The supreme court was created by the constitution. Congress couldn't abolish it if they wanted to.

Congress could redevelop the district and circuit courts. But I'm not sure how that would fix anything.

Congress could change the structure of the supreme court though.

The supreme court was created by the constitution. Congress couldn't abolish it if they wanted to.

Congress could redevelop the district and circuit courts. But I'm not sure how that would fix anything.

So, in a sense you're advocating "Activists Judges" because you can't get your way with the Constitution of the United States. I thought the right, loved the Constitution! What changed? :dunno: And to do away with the separation of powers too! :cuckoo: Hell, you folks want a brand new country!!!!! :disbelief:What are you going to call this new country? Fantasy-Land?

Congress can strip SCOTUS of jurisdiction in particular cases.

President can nominate as many justices as he wants, and Congress can decide to ratify them or not.

Congress could close several district and appeals courts to make the work load much harder on SCOTUS.

Of course, the President would have to sign off.

So, in a sense you're advocating "Activists Judges" because you can't get your way with the Constitution of the United States. I thought the right, loved the Constitution! What changed? :dunno: And to do away with the separation of powers. :cuckoo: Hell, you folks ant a brand new country!!!!! :disbelief:

When I say we can't do something, how can you say I want to do away with anything?

By definition I just said we can't.

Congress can strip SCOTUS of jurisdiction in particular cases.

President can nominate as many justices as he wants, and Congress can decide to ratify them or not.

Congress could close several district and appeals courts to make the work load much harder on SCOTUS.

Of course, the President would have to sign off.

Yes but we couldn't get rid of the court if we wanted to. I wouldn't support such foolishness even if we could.

Bobby Jindal condemns Supreme Court s gay marriage decision NOLA.com

Read the full Jindal statement on the Supreme Court ruling below:

"The Supreme Court decision today conveniently and not surprisingly follows public opinion polls, and tramples on states' rights that were once protected by the 10th Amendment of the Constitution. Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that.

This decision will pave the way for an all out assault against the religious freedom rights of Christians who disagree with this decision. This ruling must not be used as pretext by Washington to erode our right to religious liberty.

The government should not force those who have sincerely held religious beliefs about marriage to participate in these ceremonies. That would be a clear violation of America's long held commitment to religious liberty as protected in the First Amendment.

I will never stop fighting for religious liberty and I hope our leaders in D.C. join me."

Show me were Jindal said lets just get rid of the court..............don't see it here from NOLA

Jindal Let s Just Get Rid Of The Supreme Court The Daily Caller

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal took no time in condemning the Supreme Court Friday for their decision to legalize gay marriage.

“The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body,” he said in a statement. “If we want to save some money lets just get rid of the court.”

The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision Friday that all 50 states must recognize same-sex marriage, but Jindal accused the court of playing politics.

“Today, Chief Justice Roberts admitted that the gay marriage ruling had nothing to do with the Constitution. Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that,” he said. “Hillary Clinton and The Left will now mount an all-out assault on Religious Freedom guaranteed in the First Amendment.”

Conflicting quotes from different sources................Who has the video on what he said exactly....................It ain't meshing here.

Forum List

Back