Blue rings around the Iris?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I notice them, when I take pictures and in light. Sometimes they are more grey though sometimes blueish, i also have a limbal ring but im not sure what colour that limbal ring is? Dark or blueish or grayish?

Those circles, called limbal rings, can vary according to your age, your health, your family history, and several other factors.

Dark, well-defined limbal rings can be seen as a signal of health and attractiveness. As you age, your limbal rings may become less visible, or they might not.

Even though some people see limbal rings as a desirable physical trait, having them (or not) doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about your long-term health. Keep reading to learn more about limbal rings.

If you have lighter-colored eyes, you’re more likely to have limbal rings that remain visible as you age. Some people with darker-colored eyes have bluish limbal rings that can remain quite visible, as well.

As you age, the structure and appearance of your body change. This is natural and not typically a cause for concern. As your skin, bone structure, and hair color change due to aging, your eyes may change, too.

It’s not unusual for blue-tinted rings to appear around your iris — the colored part of your eye. This condition is called corneal arcus.

There may be a link between early onset corneal arcus (also called arcus senilis) and cardiovascular disease. Keep reading to find out what causes corneal arcus and when it’s a cause for concern.

Why is there a blue ring around my iris?
Blue rings around the iris are caused by cholesterol deposits in the eye. The deposits are actually white or yellowish but can appear blue.

This might sound dangerous, but it isn’t. Researchers estimate that this condition impacts anywhere between 20 and 35 percent Trusted Sourceof people, becoming increasingly likely as you age. By the time you reach age 80, your chances of developing corneal arcus are nearly 100 percent.

It is even visible i have small blue rings around the iris or white rings, in videos

laughing-rofl.gif

I have light blue eyes with dark blue limbal rings. I didn't really notice them for a while until someone pointed them out.

What attracts me the most towards a gal is her eyes. Eyes are my thing, and the girl I left behind when I moved out of state had large innocent looking eyes. She had light brown eyes with dark hazel limbal rings. Damn I miss her. :(

What worries you about the ring about the iris, Mortimer?

Technically no eyes are colored with blue pigment. Rarely anything in nature is blue when it comes to pigmentation in cells. It actually has to do with the molecules and how they are oriented, when light hits them they only reflect out the high frequency blue light.

Forum List

Back