Blood Supply and Food Pantries fr poor at risk.

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Okay all you Progressive TP hoarders. Time to put your money where your mouth is and help the needy. :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/14/us/blood-supply-food-banks-coronavirus-iyw-trnd/index.html

CNN)The national blood supply is low, empty shelves signal foreboding at food banks and vulnerable communities are at risk.

As coronavirus spreads across the US, people are worried about keeping their families safe. But, what about your fellow man? For people in need, dealing with coronavirus is an added stress.

The organizations that support them are asking for help in this time of uncertainty. Some are facing serious challenges as the virus spreads, while others are coming up with creative ways to anticipate their needs.

I volunteer at a food bank, in fact that is the last time I left home. I am not going next week.
The boxes we gave out two weeks ago were very sparse compared to those in the past. Noticably so.
Food banks are saying items they normally always have on hand are now not being donated due to the current food hoarding. Especially cereal and pasta.

I volunteer at a food bank, in fact that is the last time I left home. I am not going next week.
The boxes we gave out two weeks ago were very sparse compared to those in the past. Noticably so.
Food banks are saying items they normally always have on hand are now not being donated due to the current food hoarding. Especially cereal and pasta.

The one I go to used to have a fairly big stockpile of non perishables. But it has been depleted.

I got an email from Iheartdogs- they're asking for donations because some people are abandoning their pets!
Jerks! The ONLY thing I semi hoarded is pet supplies. Gotta keep my buddies in food and treats.

Once things calm down hopefully they really increase, everyone giving their unneeded extra supplies to them.

Once thing calm down hopefully they really increase, everyone giving their unneeded extra supplies to them.

I believe I heard president trump say he was putting money towards food banks in yesterday's news conference.

I got an email from Iheartdogs- they're asking for donations because some people are abandoning their pets!
I adopted one of those pets a couple of weeks ago....2 weeks later and I want him gone

Attach22963_20200224_133358[1].jpg
Attach23021_20200225_140621[1].jpg

Why would this cause them to abandon their pets? I smell a fundraiser under faux pretenses...

The one I go to used to have a fairly big stockpile of non perishables. But it has been depleted.
I had actually braved the panic shoppers last night around 7:00pm just to get my mom some stuff to last her until next week. It was slim picking though. I think I managed to get the last two pks of Fajita meat/veggie mix,last of the rib meat, last four pack of burgers, two cans of soup, 2 cans chicken ,last pkg of egg noodles and the last carton of eggs ( which I had to combine two cartons with broken eggs into one pack.). The produce section was a waste land but I did at least find her a bag of carrots and a thing of cauliflower.

it’s so bizarre to see empty shelves.

luckily they still had plenty of tortillas and cheese.

hope other seniors have someone to help them. The panic shoppers are not only greedy...they are douchbags.

I had actually braved the panic shoppers last night around 7:00pm just to get my mom some stuff to last her until next week. It was slim picking though. I think I managed to get the last two pks of Fajita meat/veggie mix,last of the rib meat, last four pack of burgers, two cans of soup, 2 cans chicken ,last pkg of egg noodles and the last carton of eggs ( which I had to combine two cartons with broken eggs into one pack.). The produce section was a waste land but I did at least find her a bag of carrots and a thing of cauliflower.

hope other seniors have someone to help them. The panic shoppers are not only greedy...they are douchbags.

I took two people who need help getting around to a Walmart two weeks back to stock up. Even then is was a bit crazy.

Why would this cause them to abandon their pets? I smell a fundraiser under faux pretenses...
They don’t want to have to feed them.

As someone who lives in a remote area, I can say people dump their pets regularly, in times of no panic.
It is the reason I have the county and the reservation animal control depts on speed dial. It is also the reason I have so damn many outdoor cats.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but since an animal can eat pretty much anything, unlike us humans, how much really needs to be spent on food for them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I took two people who need help getting around to a Walmart two weeks back to stock up. Even then is was a bit crazy.

it was a little picked over last weekend. I bought some stuff but thought I would wait for other things until I got paid. Then wouldn’t you know...all hell broke loose the day before payday.....

almost makes you think the timing of all the closure’s was specifically to create panic...

(my state only has 6 confirmed cases at the moment.)

it was a little picked over last weekend. I bought some stuff but thought I would wait for other things until I got paid. Then wouldn’t you know...all hell broke loose the day before payday.....

almost makes you think the timing of all the closure’s was specifically to create panic...

(my state only has 6 confirmed cases at the moment.)

If I wasn't one of those in the high risk group, I wouldn't be staying home. I can see being concerned, but not the panic.

Forum List

Back