Blizzard in Hawaii....So much for the Earth warming up.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Blizzard conditions have forced a delay in the construction of a large telescope in Hawaii. The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for the Big Island's volcanic peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. The warning says that 5-8 inches of snow is possible above 11,000 feet through Thursday.

Blizzard Warning in Hawaii Delays Telescope Construction ...

weather.com/storms/winter/news/hawaii-blizzard-warning-snow-delays-telescop…

I am always told that with all that CO2 in the air, the temperature of the Earth is warming up to a point that people like Barrack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, who owns mansion near the oceans will all be under water. But i am still scratching my head where all this snow is going to happen, yes 11000 feet up, but in Hawaii of all places. I guess i wont go surfing that day...
....................................................Barry's place.................................................................................................Piglosi's place.
1638566350517.png
1638566440292.png

If you have any smarts you would know that the air streams have moved from their normal pattern. The other concept is 11,000 feet altitude it is not uncommon to have freezing temps.

Blizzard conditions have forced a delay in the construction of a large telescope in Hawaii. The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for the Big Island's volcanic peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa. The warning says that 5-8 inches of snow is possible above 11,000 feet through Thursday.

I am always told that with all that CO2 in the air, the temperature of the Earth is warming up to a point that people like Barrack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, who owns mansion near the oceans will all be under water. But i am still scratching my head where all this snow is going to happen, yes 11000 feet up, but in Hawaii of all places. I guess i wont go surfing that day...
....................................................Barry's place.................................................................................................Piglosi's place.
View attachment 571364View attachment 571365
A blizzard requires moisture.....from water evaporation.

I don't know how many times you have to be told, weather is not climate.

I don't know how many times you have to be told, weather is not climate.
Ah, then climate is not weather ...
Years ago the fabrication was that here where I live we'd be having Southern California Winters thanks to ACC/AGW. I lived down there about 50 years ago and what we get here next week isn't So. Cal. weather - but is a bit typical this time of year;

If you have any smarts you would know that the air streams have moved from their normal pattern. The other concept is 11,000 feet altitude it is not uncommon to have freezing temps.
No air streams have moved from a `normal pattern Hawaii has always had skiing and snowboarding.
You are just badly informed.

Snow is not unusual on the mountain, it is 2 miles high after all.

Ah, then climate is not weather ...
Years ago the fabrication was that here where I live we'd be having Southern California Winters thanks to ACC/AGW. I lived down there about 50 years ago and what we get here next week isn't So. Cal. weather - but is a bit typical this time of year;
Well I am here in North Carolina and it was absolutely beautiful today. Not a cloud in the sky and at the moment, going toward 5:30. it is 71 degrees. While many would be tempted to claim that is due to global warming, I would argue that it is not. Because there is one thing this old man knows, every December, since I can remember, and that has been more than fifty years, there has been at least one day of temperatures above 70 in December. But, it has been very dry, and that is due to global warming. And when I was a kid I enjoyed many snowfalls of over a foot, Not had one of them in more than a decade. That is due to global warming. But perhaps the most telling, and it is counter intuitive, come January or February we will probably have lows at or below zero. That never happened when I was a kid. That too, is because of global warming.

Now silly fuck, snow at that altitude in Hawaii is not at all unusual.

Well I am here in North Carolina and it was absolutely beautiful today. Not a cloud in the sky and at the moment, going toward 5:30. it is 71 degrees. While many would be tempted to claim that is due to global warming, I would argue that it is not. Because there is one thing this old man knows, every December, since I can remember, and that has been more than fifty years, there has been at least one day of temperatures above 70 in December. But, it has been very dry, and that is due to global warming. And when I was a kid I enjoyed many snowfalls of over a foot, Not had one of them in more than a decade. That is due to global warming. But perhaps the most telling, and it is counter intuitive, come January or February we will probably have lows at or below zero. That never happened when I was a kid. That too, is because of global warming.
And I also have something that I like to do every December, and that is talk about my favorite lunchmeat.......BALONEY

Forum List

Back