Blasts rock 3 churches, 3 hotels in Sri Lanka; multiple fatalities reported

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Six nearly simultaneous explosions struck three churches and three hotels frequented by tourists on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka, killing at least 137 people and injuring many more, according to police and hospital sources.

Multiple fatalities resulted among worshipers and hotel guests, a police official said, adding that at least two of the church blasts were believed to have been a coordinated attack carried out by suicide bombers.

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe met with senior military personnel in an emergency meeting. He wrote on Twitter: "I strongly condemn the cowardly attacks on our people today."​

Six nearly simultaneous explosions struck three churches and three hotels frequented by tourists on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka, killing at least 137 people and injuring many more, according to police and hospital sources.

Multiple fatalities resulted among worshipers and hotel guests, a police official said, adding that at least two of the church blasts were believed to have been a coordinated attack carried out by suicide bombers.

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe met with senior military personnel in an emergency meeting. He wrote on Twitter: "I strongly condemn the cowardly attacks on our people today."​

I’m sure it was an accident on Easter. Construction accident no doubt.

This begs the question though, and it's a lot like an old adage about a tree in a forest:

"if a Christian church gets bombed, burned, tampered with or otherwise violated, and it's not a BLACK church, or one at which possibly a gay wedding has just taken place, thereby allowing the "news" to paint white Christian bigots as the primary suspects immediatly and with certainty, will they even consider it newsworthy?"

This begs the question though, and it's a lot like an old adage about a tree in a forest:

"if a Christian church gets bombed, burned, tampered with or otherwise violated, and it's not a BLACK church, or one at which possibly a gay wedding has just taken place, thereby allowing the "news" to paint white Christian bigots as the primary suspects immediatly and with certainty, will they even consider it newsworthy?"
Its all over the news you fucking cretin.

That death toll, btw, is horrendous and likely to climb. Simply awful. I have been praying and will continue to pray for Brothers and Sisters in the Lord who just wanted to worship on Easter Sunday and were instead bombed. No excuse for this.

HEARING on FOX that death toll is 138 so far . WHO coulda done such a thing eh ??

And tomorrow it’ll not be found. Cretin.

The lovely thing muslims do with such bombs is put the nails in rat poison should you not be killed outright by the explosion.

Another fun tactic is one Muslim will blow himself up inside while another waits outside. Then as survivors flee the building the one outside detonates himself.

HEARING on FOX that death toll is 138 so far . WHO coulda done such a thing eh ??
The most likely would be isis types or the Tamil Tigers .
----------------------------------- thank you , i just figure that it was pious and devout muslims bombers and 'isis' fits that bill nicely . 'tamils' , are they also muslim ?? No matter with it being EASTER i just speculate that it was 'muslim' bombers Tommy .

----------------------------------- thank you , i just figure that it was pious and devout muslims bombers and 'isis' fits that bill nicely . 'tamils' , are they also muslim ?? No matter with it being EASTER i just speculate that it was 'muslim' bombers Tommy .
Tamil Tigers are hindus who want a separate homeland in Sri Lanka. They had a very nasty civil war which ended a few years ago. It would be well within their capabilities but I am not sure if it is them.

Tamil Tigers are hindus who want a separate homeland in Sri Lanka. They had a very nasty civil war which ended a few years ago. It would be well within their capabilities but I am not sure if it is them.
-------------------------------------- thank you , yeah 'hindus' maybe from what i just read plus your posted info . My money is on it being 'muslims' with today being EASTER as i speculate Tommy .

But for how long, schmuck?

I predict it will be assigned to "blurbitude". A blurb in the "news" that is soon forgotten.

-------------------------------------- thank you , yeah 'hindus' maybe from what i just read plus your posted info . My money is on it being 'muslims' with today being EASTER as i speculate Tommy .
I suspect you may be correct. Sri Lanka is probably a softer target than Europe or the US.

I predict it will be assigned to "blurbitude". A blurb in the "news" that is soon forgotten.
Nope, it sounds like there are European victims. It will even get on Fox.

The repressive Buddhist government of Sri Lanka has been fighting a decades long civil with the Hindu terrorist group called the Tamil Tigers.

Muslims are only a small minority on the island. ... :cool:
-----------------------but most likely they are the biggest problem Sunni . I read that the 'tamils' include Christians and Hindus so that doesn't make sense to me that the 'tamils' would kill Christians in Church and Hotels on Easter Sunni . --------------- just Speculating Sunni ,

Forum List

Back