Blagojevich guilty on one of 24 counts

Wonder if he'll actually do time. People walk in Illinois for that, don't that?

Everybody lies, right? I mean, it's the FBI for God's sake!

That was my best recollection of the defense of Bill Clinton and lying. Maybe I missed something :eusa_angel:

That was my best recollection of the defense of Bill Clinton and lying. Maybe I missed something :eusa_angel:

Scooter Libby ring a bell? Similar charge, lets see how the RW responds when the guilty is a D and not an R.

Scooter Libby ring a bell? Similar charge, lets see how the RW responds when the guilty is a D and not an R.

So, your position is that Blago and Libby did the same thing? Really?

From my recollection, this was about all Libby was charged with. Blago had 24 counts against him and this is all they convicted on. (PRAISE BE TO THE JURY). Seems like a BIG distinction to me.

So, your position is that Blago and Libby did the same thing? Really?

From my recollection, this was about all Libby was charged with. Blago had 24 counts against him and this is all they convicted on. (PRAISE BE TO THE JURY). Seems like a BIG distinction to me.

As I recall, Libby threw sand in the eyes of the umpire. Similar efforts, both attempted to obstruct justice.

I like how 3 people testified in this trial and Obama did indeed talk to blago about the seat, more than once. Which is in Direct conflict with MR transparencies statements about it. Funny we are not hearing more about that.

And the weird thing is what he lied about is OK under the law and he could have told the truth. But what a waste of money. I am curious to hear what the jury thought.

I'm wondering what he lied about which garnered the conviction.

He lied about not being involved in campaign finance in a nutshell.

Last edited:
he wasnt found not guilty on the other charges
so this isnt over
he could be retried on the remaining 23 charges
too bad the jury couldnt come to an agreement on the rest so it could have settled it and ended his 24 hours of fame

I like how 3 people testified in this trial and Obama did indeed talk to blago about the seat, more than once. Which is in Direct conflict with MR transparencies statements about it. Funny we are not hearing more about that.

Nothing even remotely approaching this actually happened, Charles. Please stop getting your facts from the blogosphere.

They put MarthaFuckingStewart in prison for lying. Maybe she can give him some hints.

This is crazy that he only got in trouble for one count when there were all those tapes of him.
Did the government get beat or was Blago innocent?

Forum List

Back