Blacks VS the Board of Education

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
Last Saturday marked the 60-year anniversary of the landmark Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision that desegregated America’s public schools. Predictably, the hyper-sentimental and aggressively deluded mouthpieces of big government are lamenting that America’s institutions of lesser learning are still unacceptably segregated and that huge discrepancies in test scores persist due to unprovable phantoms such as “bigotry.” We are lectured that we still have a long way to go and that possibly the only solution is to forcibly desegregate our neighborhoods as well as our schools.

But is it mere coincidence that American education has declined since the landmark decision?

Washington, DC’s public-school system allegedly forks out nearly $30,000 per student a year—for 2010-2011, that was reportedly the highest spending of any major American urban area—and yet over 80% of its students do not even rank as “proficient” in reading and math, which is the lowest national average.

“After 60 years, is it still accurate to call it ‘prejudice’?”
Might all those horrible “disparities” in student discipline possibly be linked to behavior rather than prejudice? Might it have anything to do with thuggish teenage imbeciles assaulting elderly teachers?

It seems inarguable that by most known indices, black people do better when they’re around white people. The question most pundits seem afraid to ask: Do whites do better when they’re around black people?

Again and again, we still hear the unscientific mantra that the only difference is “skin color.” When we are told that “African Americans were underrepresented by 48 percent in gifted education,” the implication is that this is solely due to white racism rather than a natural dearth of gifted black students.

After 60 years, is it still accurate to call it “prejudice”? Forget about “separate but equal”—maybe what many Americans have learned over the past few generations is that even if you force everyone into the same classroom, they’re still going to be different.

The Week That Perished - Taki's Magazine

"But is it mere coincidence that American education has declined since the landmark decision?"

Yes.

If you want to blame something, blame the TV. That's a much better answer.

Lyndon Baines Johnson and Earl Warren.

Government will take care of you. It's not your fault (even when it is). If you fail it's because of someone else holding you back. White people have everything handed to them, and don't have to work for anything - this gives you the "right" to be resentful and demanding.

And so it goes.

The liberal solution to every failure of government is to double down.

I went to DC public schools in an upscale neighborhood. It was great until they started bussing ghetto blacks with their ghetto mentalities to my school. Immediately most of the white students, and teachers left for private schools like Sidwell Friends! This created a vacuum which was filled by more ghetto blacks. I soon became an alien in my own school. Whites were harmed primarily, and blacks weren't helped!

Most blacks are jealous of whites - they want what we have - they think that they are entitled to it under the idiocy of fairness. They as an aggregate are unable to produce the neighborhoods, and schools that whites have - so they want whites to give them to them. Desegregation is prejudice against primarily whites. Translocation does not transcend mentality - it only relocates it! We are not equal, and all the money in the world won't make us so - as a man thinks, so is he!

The liberal solution to every failure of government is to double down.

I went to DC public schools in an upscale neighborhood. It was great until they started bussing ghetto blacks with their ghetto mentalities to my school. Immediately most of the white students, and teachers left for private schools like Sidwell Friends! This created a vacuum which was filled by more ghetto blacks. I soon became an alien in my own school. Whites were harmed primarily, and blacks weren't helped!

Most blacks are jealous of whites - they want what we have - they think that they are entitled to it under the idiocy of fairness. They as an aggregate are unable to produce the neighborhoods, and schools that whites have - so they want whites to give them to them. Desegregation is prejudice against primarily whites. Translocation does not transcend mentality - it only relocates it! We are not equal, and all the money in the world won't make us so - as a man thinks, so is he!
It was all good, until those ******* came around. Got it.

The educational System in the USA has deteriorated because Teachers Unions have made it impossible to fire the incompetent and the lazy....and because of the breakdown of the Black Family Unit.

In an intramural fight, such as goes on in rotting cities like Chicago, the Teachers Unions blame the breakdown of the Black Family, and the Black Mothers blame the incompetent lazy-assed teachers.

Then when it comes time to shakedown the politicians in Washington for more money, they both unite and call everyone a Racist, who won't throw more money at the problem.

Detroit has been run by Democrats for 60 years, and half the people in Detroit are illiterate...and Whitey is somehow to blame.

"But is it mere coincidence that American education has declined since the landmark decision?"

Yes.

If you want to blame something, blame the TV. That's a much better answer.

Blame the TV?
Why is it that the students and their parents are not held responsible?

Good question; I think that the students, parents, and teachers should be held responsible. My wife is a teacher and the majority of the children that perform well, have either good parents or a good parent that is involved and cooperative with the teachers and school. The foundation for the child is built at home and many times those children (especially at an elementary level) are accurate reflections of the parents.

One thing I don't like is when some people want to blame the teachers for poor performing students. My wife talks to me and shares what she went through the day with her children and asks for different insights, after that we usually have dinner and her girlfriend who is a teacher in the same school, and they discuss the children and what they went through during the day. That's like 2 hours after work every day that my wife is still talking about school and the students.

The educational System in the USA has deteriorated because Teachers Unions have made it impossible to fire the incompetent and the lazy....and because of the breakdown of the Black Family Unit.

In an intramural fight, such as goes on in rotting cities like Chicago, the Teachers Unions blame the breakdown of the Black Family, and the Black Mothers blame the incompetent lazy-assed teachers.

Then when it comes time to shakedown the politicians in Washington for more money, they both unite and call everyone a Racist, who won't throw more money at the problem.

Detroit has been run by Democrats for 60 years, and half the people in Detroit are illiterate...and Whitey is somehow to blame.

Wepubwican gooooood, democwat baaaaaaad!! Unions baaaaaad!! Decent pay for teachers baaaaad!

Perhaps they should drop the standards for all kids so that the underperforming kiddies self esteem is protected.... Lol

Forum List

Back