Black News Anchor Does It Like No Other Can

She handled it absolutely perfectly.

That's because she stayed calm and cool and logical, didn't scream RACIST at the top of her lungs, and didn't lose her shit one bit.

Perfect.

Both "sides" of this issue could learn something from this smart lady.

Mac you are a fair minded person but I am going to say this to you. Look, whites don't get to determine what is the proper reaction to racism. If someone gets angry and screams racist to high heaven they are not wrong, the racist is. Nobody has to stay calm when hearing that shit. Last, she was on the air, I don't think the response would have been the same had this happened to her in person. I know black women, and that is not something you would be wise to do in their faces.. So don't give me what whites won't listen to because if you think that a people of color must grin and shuffle very time they face racism,. you aren't listening anyway
Well, for the record, I'm half white, half Hispanic, and our family holiday photos look like a flippin' Celebrate Diversity! poster, Spanish and Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-blooded cracker amongst us. So this issue isn't out of left field for me.

But to your point, and I do understand your annoyance, it depends on the context to me. It depends on the goal. If I see something broken, my impulse is not to scream about it, but to fix it. I don't think screaming RACIST at every last opportunity is fixing anything. It's just making things worse.

If you're at a point of anger and you want to react like that, that's fine, I get it. But I want to this country to heal. And by the way, this screaming is part of the reason this guy is in the White House. I think this lady's reaction was perfect, because nothing is fixed until we stop screaming.

This country will not heal as long as whites excuse the continuing racism or the effects of past racist laws and policies. Whites don't get to determine how we react to things and you should not allow whites to fetermine that its not righto scream at them when they continue to scream at you, your relatives and most everyone else in your family if your family is what is described. Screaming isn't what got Trump elected, racism is. Whites who falsely feel they are being discriminated against with no tangible roof of that happening by all metrics that measure such things and that everyone else is racist for calling out the continuing racism of whites People have talked nice and have been patient about this for the better part of 400 years. The only thing that produced were several different changes in the way whites have practiced racism. Doing the same thing and expecting different results has been defined as insanity. So maybe we need to try a different approach. Like not talking nicely about it.

Last people need to stop repeating that lie by whites about people screaming racism about everything. The only people doing that are whites. We call racism out when it happens. So if there are people out there who cannot understand that 400 years if racism might make a few people angry, they don't want to listen anyway. And most certainly they are not concerned about any type of healing.

Replying to an email sent in by a under educated racist, a beautiful Black woman puts the racist in her place as only a Black woman can. This is a classic Black woman at her professional barely retrained best. Gotta love her reply.

ATLANTA NEWS ANCHOR SHARON REED CLAPS BACK AT A VIEWER 12-5-2017

Wow. Totally in charge. Totally got the message out. NOW -- I'm wondering why we listen to YOU and not her !

:banana: You could learn a lot from that lady pal. Just saying.. Not pulling the group on group racist slant on everything is she? She's talking to INDIVIDUALS. And it's FAR more effective.
Yes she was totally in charge and got her message across.

I'm wondering who told you that you were required to listen to me? I already know what she knows. I just choose to emotionally traumatize racists instead of taking the high road.

You know I would listen to you anyways. Even if i didn't a part-time volunteer job that FORCES me to sometimes read your posts.. :rofl: But -- I'm truly impressed with that real world example of addressing the racists WITHOUT becoming one while doing it. Glad you know there ARE alternatives. :poke:

Make some sense. How can you address a racist and become one while ding it?

This is the lunacy some whites believe.

That's because she stayed calm and cool and logical, didn't scream RACIST at the top of her lungs, and didn't lose her shit one bit.

Perfect.

Mac you are a fair minded person but I am going to say this to you. Look, whites don't get to determine what is the proper reaction to racism. If someone gets angry and screams racist to high heaven they are not wrong, the racist is. Nobody has to stay calm when hearing that shit. Last, she was on the air, I don't think the response would have been the same had this happened to her in person. I know black women, and that is not something you would be wise to do in their faces.. So don't give me what whites won't listen to because if you think that a people of color must grin and shuffle very time they face racism,. you aren't listening anyway
Well, for the record, I'm half white, half Hispanic, and our family holiday photos look like a flippin' Celebrate Diversity! poster, Spanish and Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-blooded cracker amongst us. So this issue isn't out of left field for me.

But to your point, and I do understand your annoyance, it depends on the context to me. It depends on the goal. If I see something broken, my impulse is not to scream about it, but to fix it. I don't think screaming RACIST at every last opportunity is fixing anything. It's just making things worse.

If you're at a point of anger and you want to react like that, that's fine, I get it. But I want to this country to heal. And by the way, this screaming is part of the reason this guy is in the White House. I think this lady's reaction was perfect, because nothing is fixed until we stop screaming.

This country will not heal as long as whites excuse the continuing racism or the effects of past racist laws and policies. Whites don't get to determine how we react to things and you should not allow whites to fetermine that its not righto scream at them when they continue to scream at you, your relatives and most everyone else in your family if your family is what is described. Screaming isn't what got Trump elected, racism is. Whites who falsely feel they are being discriminated against with no tangible roof of that happening by all metrics that measure such things and that everyone else is racist for calling out the continuing racism of whites People have talked nice and have been patient about this for the better part of 400 years. The only thing that produced were several different changes in the way whites have practiced racism. Doing the same thing and expecting different results has been defined as insanity. So maybe we need to try a different approach. Like not talking nicely about it.

Last people need to stop repeating that lie by whites about people screaming racism about everything. The only people doing that are whites. We call racism out when it happens. So if there are people out there who cannot understand that 400 years if racism might make a few people angry, they don't want to listen anyway. And most certainly they are not concerned about any type of healing.
We're just going to disagree. I get called "racist" here regularly by lefties because I point out that both ends of this argument need to look in the mirror. Just that. The word - one that I take damn seriously - has been so over-used that it's little more than a punchline now. And that has given REAL racism a LOT of cover.

This lady used calm, confident intellect to make that guy look like the ignorant fool he is. I like that method. MLK style.

Perfect.

We're just going to disagree. I get called "racist" here regularly by lefties because I point out that both ends of this argument need to look in the mirror. Just that. The word - one that I take damn seriously - has been so over-used that it's little more than a punchline now. And that has given REAL racism a LOT of cover.

This lady used calm, confident intellect to make that guy look like the ignorant fool he is. I like that method. MLK style.

Sometimes there are not 2 sides to look at. The lady used what she did because she would have been fired for using the language she would have used in person and off the air. Like I have said if people think they can do this and reasonably expect that everyone must respond to that nicely they are insane. There really is nothing to disagree with mac, these guys post up pages of angry venom and yet we are supposed to talk nicely. Fuck that. And you really don't have much of a clue to the MLK style. You did not sit in any of the negotiations he had with those racists. all you heard was a speech. It's funny how people try making up a MLK that did not exist. So understand his, in the public square one must use proper language and words that can express anger in a relatively civil manner. But not here and not in any other forum such as this. So as long as we ca get called chimps and monkeys here don't start preaching about how we should respond to these kinds of slurs in the same manner a radio talk show host responded to racism on the air. I have gotten called a racist for pointing out acts of racism by whites. The word doesn't lose it's strength, you just refuse to see any racism in comments you make. You don't get to say that you are half this and half that thinking you get a pass to make the same racist claims the others do then talk about how the word loses something. That words hasn't lost anything to the majority of sane people who really want progress and do not subscribed to whatever it is you guys believe on the right.

Last, why are we here grading the response instead if saying how the person who sent that racist email was a piece of shit? Huh? Why is it so fucking difficult for you on the right to criticize obvious acts of white racism? This is not about how the lady handled this and how we blacks should handle things according to t he instructions of white racists and others. This abut the fact that in 2017, a few days from 2018, we still have whites who believe the same shit whites believed in 1717 going into 1718.

Perfect.

Sometimes there are not 2 sides to look at. The lady used what she did because she would have been fired for using the language she would have used in person and off the air. Like I have said if people think they can do this and reasonably expect that everyone must respond to that nicely they are insane. There really is nothing to disagree with mac, these guys post up pages of angry venom and yet we are supposed to talk nicely. Fuck that. And you really don't have much of a clue to the MLK style. You did not sit in any of the negotiations he had with those racists. all you heard was a speech. It's funny how people try making up a MLK that did not exist. So understand his, in the public square one must use proper language and words that can express anger in a relatively civil manner. But not here and not in any other forum such as this. So as long as we ca get called chimps and monkeys here don't start preaching about how we should respond to these kinds of slurs in the same manner a radio talk show host responded to racism on the air. I have gotten called a racist for pointing out acts of racism by whites. The word doesn't lose it's strength, you just refuse to see any racism in comments you make. You don't get to say that you are half this and half that thinking you get a pass to make the same racist claims the others do then talk about how the word loses something. That words hasn't lost anything to the majority of sane people who really want progress and do not subscribed to whatever it is you guys believe on the right.

Last, why are we here grading the response instead if saying how the person who sent that racist email was a piece of shit? Huh? Why is it so fucking difficult for you on the right to criticize obvious acts of white racism? This is not about how the lady handled this and how we blacks should handle things according to t he instructions of white racists and others. This abut the fact that in 2017, a few days from 2018, we still have whites who believe the same shit whites believed in 1717 going into 1718.
I'm not on the Right. I lean Left. My position on the issues is in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

I'm also not going to convince you of anything. All I can tell you is that I want this to improve, and that I don't see how screaming, attacks and accusations are going to improve anything.

Replying to an email sent in by a under educated racist, a beautiful Black woman puts the racist in her place as only a Black woman can. This is a classic Black woman at her professional barely retrained best. Gotta love her reply.

Wow. Totally in charge. Totally got the message out. NOW -- I'm wondering why we listen to YOU and not her !

:banana: You could learn a lot from that lady pal. Just saying.. Not pulling the group on group racist slant on everything is she? She's talking to INDIVIDUALS. And it's FAR more effective.

I'm wondering who told you that you were required to listen to me? I already know what she knows. I just choose to emotionally traumatize racists instead of taking the high road.

You know I would listen to you anyways. Even if i didn't a part-time volunteer job that FORCES me to sometimes read your posts.. :rofl: But -- I'm truly impressed with that real world example of addressing the racists WITHOUT becoming one while doing it. Glad you know there ARE alternatives. :poke:

Oh damn. You said "some" whites. Otherwise it would have a perfect example of your usual "becoming a racist -- to address a racist" method.. :badgrin:

Oh damn. You said "some" whites. Otherwise it would have a perfect example of your usual "becoming a racist -- to address a racist" method.. :badgrin:

If I said whites it wouldn't have meant every single white person existing. I am not the one who said something like whites are genetically re disposed to racism. That's a racist statement and you need to learn what it is not what you want to make it to mean in order to try denying that whites have been the ones doing it. You don't become a racist for addressing racism. You are a racist when you ignore it, defend it, deny it or do not personally chastise whites individuals for doing it and only take the time to personally jump on blacks about what you perceive as racism instead of looking at how its a reaction to things whites say to us.. So start making sense. Just because there are whites who say things about blacks and they mea all blacks doesn't mean blacks are doing the same thing when they say whites. And then you really need to deal like an adult with the truth of what has gone on and stop the pretense like things have not gone on to benefit all whites.

I'm not on the Right. I lean Left. My position on the issues is in the link at the end of the second line of my sig.

I'm also not going to convince you of anything. All I can tell you is that I want this to improve, and that I don't see how screaming, attacks and accusations are going to improve anything.

We won't convince each other but at least we are talking without all the dumb negro shit I have to hear from some whites here. The reality is that there are situations where screaming is appropriate. I look at whites scream about so called black racism at blacks and they are the main ones telling us how we should not scream. I will not accept being told by anyone that if I am angry enough to get loud hat I should suppress my feelings because the white person who made me that angry won't like it. So maybe instead of talking about how screaming is not going to solve something we might need to begin talking to racists about how what they say is what's counterproductive not the reaction to it. When it comes to matters of race we always work ass backwards in order to cater to the feelings of the racist. It's time that stopped.

We won't convince each other but at least we are talking without all the dumb negro shit I have to hear from some whites here. The reality is that there are situations where screaming is appropriate. I look at whites scream about so called black racism at blacks and they are the main ones telling us how we should not scream. I will not accept being told by anyone that if I am angry enough to get loud hat I should suppress my feelings because the white person who made me that angry won't like it. So maybe instead of talking about how screaming is not going to solve something we might need to begin talking to racists about how what they say is what's counterproductive not the reaction to it. When it comes to matters of race we always work ass backwards in order to cater to the feelings of the racist. It's time that stopped.
All I care about is that it works. We should be beyond this by now. If your way ultimately works, great, it won't be the first time I was wrong, or the last. I just don't do things that way.

All I care about is that it works. We should be beyond this by now. If your way ultimately works, great, it won't be the first time I was wrong, or the last. I just don't do things that way.

I agree. we should be well beyond this. This is not whether my way works or not. It is about not being told how to react to racism by the ones practicing the racism. We can't get mad at people who made up a reason to stay mad at us. Somehow that is what's not right.

Umm...what exactly does "clapped back hood style" mean?
Youre white. You wouldnt get it.

Fuckin-A....THANK YOU GOD!
God doesnt love you like he loves Black people. Thats why he made you recessive and have a cancerous reaction to the sun. :)

Damn...he really fucked you people over...he must really hate Blacks...huh?
He gave you aids, diabetes, heart disease, sickle cell, dick hair on your heads....that sucks man.
Why 7 Deadly Diseases Strike Blacks Most

Umm...what exactly does "clapped back hood style" mean?
Youre white. You wouldnt get it.

Fuckin-A....THANK YOU GOD!
God doesnt love you like he loves Black people. Thats why he made you recessive and have a cancerous reaction to the sun. :)

Damn...he really fucked you people over...he must really hate Blacks...huh?
He gave you aids, diabetes, heart disease, sickle cell, dick hair on your heads....that sucks man.
Why 7 Deadly Diseases Strike Blacks Most
If he hated Blacks he would have made them easily killed by the sun, recessive, genetically attractive to lice, numerous neurological disorders, and smelling like wet dogs like he did white people right? :)

God doesnt love you like he loves Black people. Thats why he made you recessive and have a cancerous reaction to the sun.

Interesting. Within 3 days of summer sun my skin turns a golden bronze shade (as Jesus is described in Revelation!) with no sun screen. Meanwhile my Black friends kind of get blacker (undesirable for Blacks) and they have body parts cut off because of assorted defective genes, diabetes, HIV etc.

God doesnt love you like he loves Black people. Thats why he made you recessive and have a cancerous reaction to the sun.

Interesting. Within 3 days my skin turns a golden bronze shade with no sun screen. Meanwhile my Black friends have body parts cut off because of assorted defective genes.

I've been brown for 56 years and have all my body parts.

Do you have eye color? That is the weirdest thing, so many Blacks and Browns have no eye color, the windows to the soul. To me, the eye color is the most important aspect of a face. As far as amputations, really good drummer in the local circuit (which is actually rare for a Black - they respond to rhythm but cannot generate it usually) had to have his foot removed. Very sad.

Do you have eye color? That is the weirdest thing, so many Blacks and Browns have no eye color, the windows to the soul. To me, the eye color is the most important aspect of a face. As far as amputations, really good drummer in the local circuit (which is actually rare for a Black - they respond to rhythm but cannot generate it usually) had to have his foot removed. Very sad.

Every black person I know has brown eyes like I do. And for music, you might want to change your opinion on how backs cannot generate rhythm

Forum List

Back