Black Lives Matter Riot in Wichita, KS

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
These Black Lives Matters protesters planned a march. The police threw them a cookout instead.

Activist A.J. Bohannon had organized more than 1,000 Black Lives Matters protesters to march the streets of Wichita on Sunday. But then, days before, he received a call from the new police chief with a different idea.

Instead of having an event that drew a hard line between protester and police, why not bring them all together for an evening of summer revelry and open dialogue?

So instead of marching, they gathered in a wooded park where the police department cooked and served up burgers. The officers played basketball with kids. They took group selfies. One officer did the “whip and the nae nae” and the “Cha Cha Slide” in a crowd of dancing girls — a video that instantly became a viral sensation.

They called it the First Steps Community Cookout, a nod to what they see as the seeds of an ongoing effort to ease the tensions heightened by the recent shootings of and by police officers. Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay, who has been on the job since January, started the event by taking questions from residents for 45 minutes.

Inserting appropriate theme music ................................................................................................................................................................................................

now

Smart thinking by the cops. ...... :thup:

Because it's a known fact that blacks become very docile when offered a free fried chicken and watermelon picnic. ...... :cool:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Seems like the Wichita Police Chief understands that it's time for the community to come together.

Sadly, not everybody pulled up a chair.

In the spirit of opening a dialogue and taking a first step to heal wounds, police in Wichita, Kansas, recently hosted a barbeque with members of Black Lives Matter. Participants from both sides said the fun picnic allowed these two disparate communities to "get to know" one another better, and see each other as human beings.

Despite the success in Wichita, when Oakland's Police Union extended a barbecue invitation to its local Black Lives Matter community, they were met with a very different response:

"I eat pigs -- I don't eat with them."
Black Lives Matter Organizer Rejects BBQ Invitation From Police: 'I Eat Pigs, I Don't Eat With Them'

In the spirit of opening a dialogue and taking a first step to heal wounds, police in Wichita, Kansas, recently hosted a barbeque with members of Black Lives Matter. Participants from both sides said the fun picnic allowed these two disparate communities to "get to know" one another better, and see each other as human beings.

Despite the success in Wichita, when Oakland's Police Union extended a barbecue invitation to its local Black Lives Matter community, they were met with a very different response:

Black Lives Matter Organizer Rejects BBQ Invitation From Police: 'I Eat Pigs, I Don't Eat With Them'
her loss, then. Why don't you focus on things that help instead of individual fucktards?

These Black Lives Matters protesters planned a march. The police threw them a cookout instead.

Activist A.J. Bohannon had organized more than 1,000 Black Lives Matters protesters to march the streets of Wichita on Sunday. But then, days before, he received a call from the new police chief with a different idea.

Instead of having an event that drew a hard line between protester and police, why not bring them all together for an evening of summer revelry and open dialogue?

So instead of marching, they gathered in a wooded park where the police department cooked and served up burgers. The officers played basketball with kids. They took group selfies. One officer did the “whip and the nae nae” and the “Cha Cha Slide” in a crowd of dancing girls — a video that instantly became a viral sensation.

They called it the First Steps Community Cookout, a nod to what they see as the seeds of an ongoing effort to ease the tensions heightened by the recent shootings of and by police officers. Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay, who has been on the job since January, started the event by taking questions from residents for 45 minutes.
Someday the cops are going to wish they had cracked some heads that day instead.

Believe me.

her loss, then. Why don't you focus on things that help instead of individual fucktards?
Sorry to offer a related bit of information. Your rose colored glasses may work better if you put me on ignore.

Because the fucktards yell louder than everyone else and as we can see in this case she, and others like her, prevented some real dialogue between the police and the protesters.

Forum List

Back