Black "Anti-Obama" kid renounces conservatism

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
How long before conservatives find a bus to throw this kid under?

Viral teen YouTube star renounces conservatism - CNNPolitics.com

Washington (CNN)The 13-year-old Internet phenom who gained national attention criticizing President Barack Obama and briefly was a part of the Ted Cruz campaign is renouncing conservatism, saying he's looking to be a voice unbound by party ideology.

CJ Pearson told CNN on Friday that concerns about the Republican Party's viewpoints on racial and gender disparity as well as youth issues convinced him he could no longer be a mouthpiece for conservatism.

"I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn't care about the issues important to young people," Pearson wrote in an email.

Washington (CNN)The 13-year-old Internet phenom who gained national attention criticizing President Barack Obama and briefly was a part of the Ted Cruz campaign is renouncing conservatism, saying he's looking to be a voice unbound by party ideology.

CJ Pearson told CNN on Friday that concerns about the Republican Party's viewpoints on racial and gender disparity as well as youth issues convinced him he could no longer be a mouthpiece for conservatism.

"I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn't care about the issues important to young people," Pearson wrote in an email.

Good for him. Welcome to the club, kid. I'm no conservative either. Classical liberal here. Read the Founders.

He said the video of Laquan McDonald being shot 16 times by a police officer in Chicago helped open his eyes to the systemic problems of racial discrimination in America and the need to look at the issues objectively.

Wonder if the kid realized that shooting happened in one of the largest regressivecrat cities in the country. It really seems to be a trend, Chicago, NY City, Baltimore and the list goes on.

He said the video of Laquan McDonald being shot 16 times by a police officer in Chicago helped open his eyes to the systemic problems of racial discrimination in America and the need to look at the issues objectively.

Wonder if the kid realized that shooting happened in one of the largest regressivecrat cities in the country. It really seems to be a trend, Chicago, NY City, Baltimore and the list goes on.

Sounds to me like he's being pressured by his so called peers.

Seems he realized just how conservatives react to the shooting of a black man

Seems he realized just how conservatives react to the shooting of a black man

How's that, everyone I know says the cop should have been charged. He used excessive force.

This is by far the best story of the week.

Let's see if the RWnuts around here display all that tolerance for those they don't agree with that they claim they have the copyright on.

Hopefully he will continue to evolve and one day realize that neither end of the political spectrum is a good place for those who think for themselves.

Good luck, kid.

People who think for themselves can as easily determine that the left, or the right, most closely represents their personal beliefs,

as opposed to a person like you who feels compelled to abandon all principle for the sake of being a mindless, radical lockstep centrist.

Hopefully he will continue to evolve and one day realize that neither end of the political spectrum is a good place for those who think for themselves.

Good luck, kid.

People who think for themselves can as easily determine that the left, or the right, most closely represents their personal beliefs,

as opposed to a person like you who feels compelled to abandon all principle for the sake of being a mindless, radical lockstep centrist.
I know this is complicated for you.

Good luck, kid.

I know this is complicated for you.

No it isn't. My beliefs make me a liberal. I'm not going to compromise my beliefs because some nut on the internet insists that you have to be a centrist to have credibility.

Forum List

Back