Bitch Slap: U.S., & EU powers kick Putin out of G8!

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
PARTY! PARTY! YES.

I... want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday! The song by Queen is very apropos right now. Obama couldn't of hit Putin any harder than if he hit him with a drone right between the eyes. Putin loves the limelight and now he has been reduced to rubble!

U.S., other powers kick Russia out of G8 - CNN.com

The Hague, Netherlands (CNN) -- President Barack Obama and other world leaders have decided to end Russia's role in the group of leading industrialized nations, the White House said Monday...

PARTY! PARTY! YES.

I... want to Rock and Roll all night and party everyday! The song by Queen is very apropos right now. Obama couldn't of hit Putin any harder than if he hit him with a drone right between the eyes. Putin loves the limelight and now he has been reduced to rubble!

The Hague, Netherlands (CNN) -- President Barack Obama and other world leaders have decided to end Russia's role in the group of leading industrialized nations, the White House said Monday...

Oh dear God...

Um. No they didn't. Obama said he was leaving the door open in case Putin decides to put a whoa on what he is planning.. At least, that is what I read this morning. Sorry, no link. It was on AOL news.

Yup, looks like the bitch was slapped.

Really? Too funny. It was G7, then they added Russia so now it's G8 - but Russia tries making this "no big deal."

Nice spin. Truly.

"G8 is an informal organization that does not give out any membership cards and, by its definition, cannot remove anyone," he said during a news conference. " All the economic and financial questions are decided in G20, and G8 has the purpose of existence as the forum of dialogue between the leading Western countries and Russia."

Lavrov added that Russia was "not attached to this format and we don't see a great misfortune if it will not gather. Maybe, for a year or two, it will be an experiment for us to see how we live without it."

In a nod to political and economic reforms, the United States, Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and Italy added Russia to their group in 1998 -- transforming it from the G7 to the G8.

Further;

The G8 summit will not take place in Russia this year, UK Prime Minister David Cameron has said. Speaking in the Netherlands, Mr Cameron said it was "absolutely clear" the planned June meeting of world leaders in the Russian resort of Sochi would not happen due to events in Ukraine. The EU and US have imposed sanctions on Russian officials after its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine.

BBC News - G8 summit 'won't be held in Russia'

I heard the same reports, about the G7 canceling the meeting in Russia, and proceeding now with a G7 meeting in June, in Brussels, instead.

My problem is, I don't know what this means, in punitive terms, to Putin... to Russia... etc.

Does anybody have the 50-words-or-less macro-level (5000-foot-view) summary for that (what does this mean for Russia, economically, etc.)?

I heard the same reports, about the G7 canceling the meeting in Russia, and proceeding now with a G7 meeting in June, in Brussels, instead.

My problem is, I don't know what this means, in punitive terms, to Putin... to Russia... etc.

Does anybody have the 50-words-or-less macro-level (5000-foot-view) summary for that (what does this mean for Russia, economically, etc.)?

Just another brick in the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year's G8 summit won't be in Sochi, Russia as planned. And it won't include Russia at all, after the seven other world leaders in the group of industrialized nations decided to give Russia the boot. The seven leaders met at the behest of President Obama, and instead of Sochi, the now G7's summer meeting will happen in Brussels.

In a statement, the G7 explained their reasoning. Surprise! It has to do with Russia's annexation of Crimea:

"International law prohibits the acquisition of part or all of another state's territory through coercion or force. To do so violates the principles upon which the international system is built. We condemn the illegal referendum held in Crimea in violation of Ukraine's constitution. We also strongly condemn Russia's illegal attempt to annex Crimea in contravention of international law and specific international obligations."

The G7 also threatened more sanctions against Russia for the annexation.

After Kicking Out Russia, the G8 Is Now The G7 - The Wire

Looks like the boot given to Russia was unanimous. The U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan all voted to oust Russia from the G8. Just wondering how much more sanctions, if any, will get Russia to reconsider it's annexation of Crimea.

Not to burst your bubble, puting doesn't give a shit since he didn't want to go and hang with "The losers club."

This will have no impact on him or russia

per an NPR news report heard on the radio

Heads up. It was only a suspension and from what I'm reading now at the Voice of Russia all of this that they are throwing at Putin and Russia is not making a dent.

There was just no way he was going to hand over that naval base to the EU and NATO.

I don't know what our leaders have been smoking thinking that he'd give up the port that has his Black Sea Fleet without a fuss. Fools they are. Big time fools.

They can dream on all they want. But they aren't getting that naval base from Russia.

Well they are certainly better than Italy, Japan, France, Canada, and the UK, at least. All those countries have is olive oil, anime, smelly cheese, whiny prissy bitches, bad teeth, and declining birth rates.

Russia, really doesn't care that much. Earlier Monday, at a news conference, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said: “G8 is an informal organization that does not give out any membership cards and, by its definition, cannot remove anyone… All the economic and financial questions are decided in G20, and G8 has the purpose of existence as the forum of dialogue between the leading Western countries and Russia.”

So there.

This is all about isolating Russia. Each step is a significant move on the world stage. All parties to these events will suffer because of Russia's acts. Looks like a major league chess game using countries and economic sanctions as chess pieces.

Forum List

Back