"Bishop" Romney Urged Single Mother to give up Baby

so the fact he's hiding his Theocratic tendencies should make us more comfortable?
:lmao:

What are these theocratic tendencies you think Romney has, Joe?

Do they exist in your head, or have you seen some evidence of his promoting one?

I mean, he was governor for some time. Is Mass a theocracy now? Is it close?

So, what are these theocratic tendencies you "see", Joe?

The fact he belongs to a cult that wants to establish "God's Kingdom on Earth".

The fact that the folks in Massachusetts threw him out after one term when they realized what a horrible mistake they made is hardly comforting.

Romney was not defeated for a second term. He chose to do other things.

This is another democrat lie.

So you have proof while a governor of MA he tried to rule that state as a theocracy? :cuckoo:

No, and when I see a vicious rattlesnake, I don't wait for proof it never bit anyone before taking it's head off with a shovel.

So in other words you are one of those hyper lynchers- a judge juror and executioner.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He has held elected office and never instituted any kind of theocratic law and yet you JOE KNOW he needs to have his head removed because you JOE KNOW you are right about his motives :cuckoo:

Joey is fearful of those that profess faith...you may call them his betters.

He's scared to death for no reason whatsoever...as he tries to rationalize keeping Obama whom is a greater danger.

Read about it here...

Bishop Romney Pressured Single Mother To Give Up Baby, Book Says

Peggie Hayes had converted to Mormonism as a teenage along with her family, and told the book’s authors, Boston Globe reporters Michael Kranish and Scott Helman, that for a long time she found comfort in the faith’s teachings. After returning to the congregation as a 23-year-old divorced single mother, she soon got pregnant with a second child. Knowing she was in need of financial assistance, the Romneys arranged for her to do odd jobs for members of the congregation.

“Mitt was really good to us,” Hayes told the authors. “He did a lot for us.”

But while Hayes considered Romney a friend, he was also her bishop—which meant it was his job to pass along sometimes-harsh church counsel. The tension between the two relationships came to the forefront one day when he came over to her apartment, and encouraged her to turn her son over to the church’s adoption agency when he was born. (The church’s position is that if a happy marriage between parents of a newborn seems unlikely, adoption is preferable to single parenting.)

Hayes was offended by the suggestion, and told Romney she would never give up her son. But, according to Hayes, Romney told her, “Well, this is what the church wants you to do, and if you don’t, then you could be excommunicated for failing to follow the leadership of the church.”

Though she was defiant, the authors write, “In that moment, she also felt intimidated. Here was Romney, who held great power as her church leader and was the head of a wealthy, prominent Belmont family, sitting in her gritty apartment making grave demands

This woman had the good sense to get the hell out of Mormonism after that.
Did he urge them to give up the babies to those dastardly evil corporations you're always harping about, Joe?

The anti religious bigots are strong in this thread. A sign of public displays yet to come? And these same people consider themselves inclusive. Funny shit

I don't know, Sarah Palin's church had a witch hunter named Thomas Muthee over as a special guest.

Building that bridge to the 16th century...

Yeah because an African spiritualist visiting a pentecostal church means Sarah Palin believes in witch hunts :cuckoo:

Yeah, it is pretty cuckoo, isn't it?

This is the fucking 21st Century. We know there are no witches and never were.

But...um...wait, the bible says there are and we should kill them.

Ummmm....hmmmmm.... yeah, I know that's a tough one for bible thumpers. How could a perfect God got that one wrong?

It depends on what you call a witch, In Biblical times a witch was someone who knew and practiced natural pharmacology. They were, in fact, poisoners. Witches didn't become healers for hundreds of years, until the Druids.

Today, a witch is a halloween costume with a pointy hat, or harmless naked women dancing around in the moonlight. At one time every royal family had a witch to develop poisons for enemies (as evidenced by the popularity of tasters). Enterprising witches also offered their expertise for sale if someone had an especially pernicious enemy. When a poisoner was found, she or he was killed. Just because they were called witches instead of killers for hire doesn't change their essential nature.

If there are truly no more witches and never were, then how come Wicca is recognized by the US Military as a practiced religion with Wiccan witches and warlocks as chaplains?

So you have proof while a governor of MA he tried to rule that state as a theocracy? :cuckoo:

No, and when I see a vicious rattlesnake, I don't wait for proof it never bit anyone before taking it's head off with a shovel.

So in other words you are one of those hyper lynchers- a judge juror and executioner.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He has held elected office and never instituted any kind of theocratic law and yet you JOE KNOW he needs to have his head removed because you JOE KNOW you are right about his motives :cuckoo:

I know Mormons can't be trusted. Ever.

Kind of the end of the conversation for me. Of course, everything I find out Willard Mitt Romney kind of confirms my worst suspicions.

If Romney spoke like Santorum I might agree with you.

But he doesn't....

so the fact he's hiding his Theocratic tendencies should make us more comfortable?

The state-sponsored atheism crowd promote the lie that if you believe in God and state that publicly, then you support theocracy.

It's all part of their propaganda...

PropagandaNaziStabsBible.gif

Kind of the end of the conversation for me. Of course, everything I find out Willard Mitt Romney kind of confirms my worst suspicions.
Some Mormon really damaged you........

There IS help for that.

I suspect that if you changed your depends and got a new binkey you would feel better about things.

Yeah some had that thought of JFK and his Catholicism...

Joey? You're an idiot.

A sad view. Toss Reid in there as is also LDS.

LOL yeah it's the 21st century and according to Wicca there are witches- but I digress. A spiritualist who believes in spiritual warfare visiting a Pentecostal church makes Sarah Palin a witch hunter?

Thomas Muthee (born c. 1955)[1] is a Kenyan preacher and bishop. During the 2008 United States Presidential campaign, his visit to the Wasilla, Alaska Assembly of God in 2005, including a blessing that he gave Sarah Palin, was widely discussed. His prior claims of successful spiritual warfare in Kiambu, Kenya involving an alleged witch known as "Mama Jane" also came under specific scrutiny. In addition to his Alaskan visits, Muthee has spoken to churches in multiple European countries and is involved in humanitarian work in Africa.

You're kind of making my point for me.

This character was a joke, and here was Palin and friends, inviting him over like this was all so normal and acceptable.

You got Romney with his magic underwear, you've got Palin with the witch hunter, you got Jindal attending excorcisms.

Did you all just miss the memo about the 20th century?

A sad view. Toss Reid in there as is also LDS.

And if I lived in NV, I'd vote against him, too.

I just have this aversion to whackadoodle cults.

Joey? You're an idiot.

T, you really think the Catholics are in the same league as the LDS cult, you are delusional.

Joey? You're an idiot.

T, you really think the Catholics are in the same league as the LDS cult, you are delusional.

Belief in powers above Humanity is a 'Cult'...Really?

Son? You could use a large dose of humility.

No, they believe in state sponsored atheism.

That's as crazy as you can get.

Joey? You're an idiot.

Belief in powers above Humanity is a 'Cult'...Really?

Son? You could use a large dose of humility.

No. Beleiving Joseph Smith was talking to God is a cult.

Being required to give testimony on demand is a cult.

Being required to wear magic underwear is a cult.

Not that I think religion is a good thing, but the difference between a religion and a cult is how much they try to control your life.

Like using your position as a "bishop" to tell a woman to give away her baby.

Forum List

Back