Bishop Romney and the high holy church of flip floppery.

Dude..first off..I've posted a good many conservatives dislike Obama because of his skin color..not "all". If that's not your reason for not liking..and I am reasonably sure it's not..then my statement never pertained to you.

Second off..I am fully aware of what Bain Capital did and does..even with you sugar coating. And it's not entirely accurate. Most people that got involved with Bain were looking to "maximize" profits..whether or not a company was "healthy".

yo...."dude"....generalizing and saying "most" is sad in itself. Now, If Obama had more conservative policies, trhen I would understand it if cponservatives hated him anyway.

But to say MOST conservatives are against a President who is liberal becuase of his skin color is plain old childish.....

As for Bain...

Please explain to me why a "healthy" company would be taken apart...for a Healthy company is bought for 5-7 times multiple...and NO WAY would assets equal or exceed 5-7times multiple..

You see, there is absolutely NO LOGIC in the idea that they took apart healthy companies for profit....and the only ones that can say that are those that do not understand things such as....well....what 5-7 times multiple means.

Bottom line....a healthy company is sold for many times its core value....MANY TIMES..

so to take it apart to sell it for its assets...ITS CORE VALUE....is rediculous and a losing proposition.

NO ONE WOULD DO IT!

Again..bull.

Most of the people in the Republican field for President were either bonafide racists, bigots or both. Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann, and Paul have time and time again shown themselves to be racist..and Cain was a bigot. You don't like the tag then your party and conservatives shouldn't be supporting these people.

And why would a healthy company be taken apart? Dunno..it happens all the time.

You tell me. But in a nutshell and off the top of my head..it's great for short term profit.

explain that.

For that to be true, the buyer would have to pay LESS for the company than the value of the assets.

Who would sell a HEALTHY company for an amount that is LESS than the value of the assets?

Wouldnt that owner rather sell off the asserts and make more money?

Sallow...there is no logic in what you say. You are allowing your hatred for anyone on the right to voershadow your ability to reason.

I suggest you stop it...you are sounding more and more like Truthmatters everyday.

Dunno...it happens all the time...

OK....give me the example of one single company that it happened to. Cite ONE EXAMPLE of a company that had a core value of X...was soild for 5 times X...and was subsequently taken apart for sale of the assets valued at X..

Give me one example.

One.

As for the "party of racists"....

You are a fucking pathetic asshole...

One?

Mitt Romney's Box of Kryptonite - Businessweek

Need more?

And as to the "asshole" thing. I've given you assholes that were put up to become president of this country. Racist and bigotted assholes.

Why on earth would conservatives even consider these candidates? Or put up with people asking about the national origin, ethnicity, race or religion of opposing candidates? Eh?

I think it's funny that people still think Obama is a liberal president. Not if you based it on what he's done in office he's not.

Correct....liberal is not the appropriate term fror Obama...

Progressive is.

Progressivism is not a bad thing in my eyes......I just feel that America has a differential BECUSE of its conservative values.

That is my personal opinion.

Fair enough. But how are we differentiating between liberal and progressive?

Progressive is not liberal on all issues....just social issues and fiscal issues....but things such as military issues....they understand where things are at....such as Obama.

Liberals...in my eyes......they strive for utopia without considering the consequences...they prefer NO military...they prefer equl pay fopr all regardless of effort of each.....

Again...that is how I see it.

Since bringing ths up, misstting and out of context, the democrats have provided ample opportunity for Romney to point out what liars they are. This gives Romney much more of an opportunity to show how presidential he is and how sleazy obama is.

It's not enough that you have to expand his role, you have to misrepresent Mitt Romney's words and intentions.

Stick to propping up your fake warrior and leave Mitt out of this nonsense.

Dude..first off..I've posted a good many conservatives dislike Obama because of his skin color..not "all". If that's not your reason for not liking..and I am reasonably sure it's not..then my statement never pertained to you.

Second off..I am fully aware of what Bain Capital did and does..even with you sugar coating. And it's not entirely accurate. Most people that got involved with Bain were looking to "maximize" profits..whether or not a company was "healthy".

yo...."dude"....generalizing and saying "most" is sad in itself. Now, If Obama had more conservative policies, trhen I would understand it if cponservatives hated him anyway.

But to say MOST conservatives are against a President who is liberal becuase of his skin color is plain old childish.....

As for Bain...

Please explain to me why a "healthy" company would be taken apart...for a Healthy company is bought for 5-7 times multiple...and NO WAY would assets equal or exceed 5-7times multiple..

You see, there is absolutely NO LOGIC in the idea that they took apart healthy companies for profit....and the only ones that can say that are those that do not understand things such as....well....what 5-7 times multiple means.

Bottom line....a healthy company is sold for many times its core value....MANY TIMES..

so to take it apart to sell it for its assets...ITS CORE VALUE....is rediculous and a losing proposition.

NO ONE WOULD DO IT!

Again..bull.

Most of the people in the Republican field for President were either bonafide racists, bigots or both. Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann, and Paul have time and time again shown themselves to be racist..and Cain was a bigot. You don't like the tag then your party and conservatives shouldn't be supporting these people.

You tell me. But in a nutshell and off the top of my head..it's great for short term profit.

You actually think that all the Reps who ran against Barry were racists, bigots or both??

Jesus what a dumb ass thing to say and if you really believe that then your an idiot S. Good Gawd.

Correct....liberal is not the appropriate term fror Obama...

Progressive is.

Progressivism is not a bad thing in my eyes......I just feel that America has a differential BECUSE of its conservative values.

That is my personal opinion.

Progressive is not liberal on all issues....just social issues and fiscal issues....but things such as military issues....they understand where things are at....such as Obama.

Liberals...in my eyes......they strive for utopia without considering the consequences...they prefer NO military...they prefer equl pay fopr all regardless of effort of each.....

Well thanks for the answer. I don't quite think your definition for liberals is accurate for all liberals or even a majority. I'd consider myself fairly liberal yet I feel I balance my opinions based upon consequences. I also don't prefer NO military, and would never favor equal pay for all regardless of effort. I think what you're doing is taking the most extreme examples of liberalism and bucketing everyone under that label.

That would be like me saying, all conservatives are racist because of the most extreme among you.

explain that.

For that to be true, the buyer would have to pay LESS for the company than the value of the assets.

Who would sell a HEALTHY company for an amount that is LESS than the value of the assets?

Sallow...there is no logic in what you say. You are allowing your hatred for anyone on the right to voershadow your ability to reason.

I suggest you stop it...you are sounding more and more like Truthmatters everyday.

It's funny you say this after the great depression, the bond meltdown, the silverado saving and loans bailout, worldcom, enron, arthur anderson, tyco, maddoff, lehman brothers, aig, tarp..and a myriad of other scams perpetrated by high fliers on the American public.

Amazing..really..not funny.

OK....give me the example of one single company that it happened to. Cite ONE EXAMPLE of a company that had a core value of X...was soild for 5 times X...and was subsequently taken apart for sale of the assets valued at X..

Give me one example.

One.

One?

Mitt Romney's Box of Kryptonite - Businessweek

Need more?

And as to the "asshole" thing. I've given you assholes that were put up to become president of this country. Racist and bigotted assholes.

Why on earth would conservatives even consider these candidates? Or put up with people asking about the national origin, ethnicity, race or religion of opposing candidates? Eh?

Exactly where did it say that Ampad was a healthy company?

You see....you seem to be ignoring something I keep on saying...

A business owner will sell a healthy company for 5-7 times multiple.
That is not a guess. That is a fact. I have sold my own...and I have brokered others.

So if a company has a net margin of $100...it is sold for $500-$700

Taking the lower number...500.....it would take about 5 years to break even for the new ownership....to sell the assets, it would likely get about 20% or about 100....meaing a loss of 400...

So that being said, Ampad was not a healthy company.....

SO I again ask...name one company that was healthy but brioken down for the assets.

You wont be able to. It does not happen.

Albeit, in the serrvice industries, we see mergers...but that is not venture capitalsm....that is the merging of two copanies that usually results in the loss of repetitive jobs......such as mialroonm supervisor...and lead receptionist....and marketing driector...etc....

As for Bain...

NO ONE WOULD DO IT!

Again..bull.

Give me one example.

One.

You cannot beat democrats in the head with enough facts to interfere with the cement of ideaology. They just innately feel and base their perception of facts on what they feel they desire.

explain that.

It's funny you say this after the great depression, the bond meltdown, the silverado saving and loans bailout, worldcom, enron, arthur anderson, tyco, maddoff, lehman brothers, aig, tarp..and a myriad of other scams perpetrated by high fliers on the American public.

None of those....not one...was the result of a venture capital buyout.....why are you diverting from the topic at hand?

Well thanks for the answer. I don't quite think your definition for liberals is accurate for all liberals or even a majority. I'd consider myself fairly liberal yet I feel I balance my opinions based upon consequences. I also don't prefer NO military, and would never favor equal pay for all regardless of effort. I think what you're doing is taking the most extreme examples of liberalism and bucketing everyone under that label.

That would be like me saying, all conservatives are racist because of the most extreme among you.

Ahhh...but in my definition...you are a progressive...not a liberal.

And as for the extrme right...they are not conservatives to me...they are religiously guided loons.

Sallow also seems to believe that a business owner would sell a very successful company to Bain for an amount that was so little that it made sense to sell the assets as opposed to reap in the profits....

or....

The company was doing so poorly that Bain bought it so THEY can have thye pleasure of selling off thew assets...

Unless...of course....he can explain to us why Bain would spend money successful companies just so they can shut them down.

But then again, the guy believes that conservatives hate Obama becuase of his skin color.....nothing about policies or ideology.

Sallow's not the brightest "bulb" on the progressive tree. In another thread he stated that Al Queda wasn't a threat to the US until we invaded Iraq. The sheer stupidity involved in coming up with THAT statement boggles my mind. Does the idiot really not know that we went into Iraq years after 9/11 and the invasion of Afghanistan? Gee, guys flying loaded passenger jets into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon doesn't constitute a "threat" in Sallow's pea sized cranium? Even Deanie's not THAT dumb.

Bullshit.

Link that quote.

Bullshit? You don't even remember the drivel you post here...do you? Does this sound familiar?

Post #35 in the "Romney 2007: It's not worth spending billions of dollars trying to catch bin laden" thread.

"Prior to the conquering of Iraq..there were no Al Qaeda or any general threat to the United States.

Unlike yourself and the people you copy from, Sallow...I don't take things out of context either to give them a different meaning.

Last edited:
explain that.

None of those....not one...was the result of a venture capital buyout.....why are you diverting from the topic at hand?

Seriously?

Michael Milken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This money-raising ability also facilitated the activities of leveraged buyout (LBO) firms such as Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and of so-called "greenmailers". Armed with a "highly confident letter" from Drexel (in which Drexel promised to get the necessary debt in time to fulfill the buyer's obligations), these firms and greenmailers were able to profit by merely threatening LBOs of large, blue-chip companies in which they had built up equity positions. Milken's task was perhaps made easier by the fact that the top-tier Wall Street investment banks were unwilling to compete with him for fear of jeopardizing their longstanding and lucrative relationships with many of the blue-chip companies who were potentially his targets, although companies such as Salomon Brothers, Morgan Stanley, and First Boston later entered the high-yield market. Drexel financed notable buyouts of companies previously thought invulnerable, including Beatrice Companies and the cosmetics firm Revlon.

And AmPad:

Founding

Ampad was founded in 1888 by Thomas W. Holley, a paper mill employee, in Holyoke, Massachusetts. At the time, Holyoke was a major papermaking center. Holley began purchasing the rejects, or "sortings", from local paper mills, cutting the paper, inscribing rules on it, and binding it into pads which he could sell at a discount. Within a year, Holley's business filled a whole floor of a commercial building on Holyoke's Main Street. By 1894, the business grew to occupy an entire building, at the corner of Winter and Appleton Streets in Holyoke, and in 1909, the size of its facilities there were nearly doubled. By the end of World War II, the company had expanded outside of Massachusetts and established international footholds.

[edit] Growth, acquisition, bankruptcy and reorganization

Known as the Ampad Holding Corporation, the company was purchased in 1986 by the Mead Corporation. In 1992, the newly formed holding company American Pad & Paper and Bain Capital purchased the subsidiary from Mead. Upon its formation, American Pad & Paper consolidated its 13 manufacturing and distribution facilities into six in 21 locations in the US. At the time, the company had more than 3,700,000 square feet (340,000 m2) of production and warehouse space in California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.[4]

The company continued to enjoy 53 percent compound annual growth in net sales, which increased from $8.8 million in 1992 to $200.5 million in 1996, when the company became publicly traded. The company made a number of acquisitions, including writing products company SCM in July 1994, brand names from the American Trading and Production Corporation in August 1995, WR Acquisition and the Williamhouse-Regency Division of Delaware, Inc. in October, 1995, Niagara Envelope Company, Inc. in 1996, and Shade/Allied, Inc. in February 1997.[4]

This was a nearly century old company run into the ground..by Bain capital.

Sallow's not the brightest "bulb" on the progressive tree. In another thread he stated that Al Queda wasn't a threat to the US until we invaded Iraq. The sheer stupidity involved in coming up with THAT statement boggles my mind. Does the idiot really not know that we went into Iraq years after 9/11 and the invasion of Afghanistan? Gee, guys flying loaded passenger jets into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon doesn't constitute a "threat" in Sallow's pea sized cranium? Even Deanie's not THAT dumb.

Bullshit.

Link that quote.

Bullshit? You don't even remember the drivel you post here...do you? Does this sound familiar?

Post #35 in the "Romney 2007: It's not worth spending billions of dollars trying to catch bin laden" thread.

"Prior to the conquering of Iraq..there were no Al Qaeda or any general threat to the United States.

Unlike yourself and the people you copy from, Sallow...I don't take things out of context either to give them a different meaning.

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq (That was under control of the Baathists). And Iraq wasn't a threat to the United States.

But Al Qaeda planned and executed 9/11. Prior to that..they were involved in the Khobar Towers..and quite possibly the first bombing of the WTC..even though republicans tried to link it to Iraq. They blocked Clinton's efforts to get the guy.

That make sense to you now?

Seriously?

This money-raising ability also facilitated the activities of leveraged buyout (LBO) firms such as Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and of so-called "greenmailers". Armed with a "highly confident letter" from Drexel (in which Drexel promised to get the necessary debt in time to fulfill the buyer's obligations), these firms and greenmailers were able to profit by merely threatening LBOs of large, blue-chip companies in which they had built up equity positions. Milken's task was perhaps made easier by the fact that the top-tier Wall Street investment banks were unwilling to compete with him for fear of jeopardizing their longstanding and lucrative relationships with many of the blue-chip companies who were potentially his targets, although companies such as Salomon Brothers, Morgan Stanley, and First Boston later entered the high-yield market. Drexel financed notable buyouts of companies previously thought invulnerable, including Beatrice Companies and the cosmetics firm Revlon.

And AmPad:

Founding

Ampad was founded in 1888 by Thomas W. Holley, a paper mill employee, in Holyoke, Massachusetts. At the time, Holyoke was a major papermaking center. Holley began purchasing the rejects, or "sortings", from local paper mills, cutting the paper, inscribing rules on it, and binding it into pads which he could sell at a discount. Within a year, Holley's business filled a whole floor of a commercial building on Holyoke's Main Street. By 1894, the business grew to occupy an entire building, at the corner of Winter and Appleton Streets in Holyoke, and in 1909, the size of its facilities there were nearly doubled. By the end of World War II, the company had expanded outside of Massachusetts and established international footholds.

Known as the Ampad Holding Corporation, the company was purchased in 1986 by the Mead Corporation. In 1992, the newly formed holding company American Pad & Paper and Bain Capital purchased the subsidiary from Mead. Upon its formation, American Pad & Paper consolidated its 13 manufacturing and distribution facilities into six in 21 locations in the US. At the time, the company had more than 3,700,000 square feet (340,000 m2) of production and warehouse space in California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.[4]

The company continued to enjoy 53 percent compound annual growth in net sales, which increased from $8.8 million in 1992 to $200.5 million in 1996, when the company became publicly traded. The company made a number of acquisitions, including writing products company SCM in July 1994, brand names from the American Trading and Production Corporation in August 1995, WR Acquisition and the Williamhouse-Regency Division of Delaware, Inc. in October, 1995, Niagara Envelope Company, Inc. in 1996, and Shade/Allied, Inc. in February 1997.[4]

Do you not understand items you quote?

Exactly what was done wrong with Ampad?

Oh wait a minute...are you saying it is wrong to ensure success by adapting to changes in technology?

Is it that you dont understand business forecasting? And the need for papaer in the 90's was forecasted to decrease dramatically by the end of the century?

Jeez Sallow...you rewally dont get it.

Im done...Im deally with an idealist....cant debate someone who only wants it perfect for all.

Seriously?

And AmPad:

Founding

Do you not understand items you quote?

Exactly what was done wrong with Ampad?

Oh wait a minute...are you saying it is wrong to ensure success by adapting to changes in technology?

Is it that you dont understand business forecasting? And the need for papaer in the 90's was forecasted to decrease dramatically by the end of the century?

Jeez Sallow...you rewally dont get it.

Im done...Im deally with an idealist....cant debate someone who only wants it perfect for all.

AmPad wasn't in any financial trouble till it started buying out other companies and went public.

Nothing to do with new technology. It was being leveraged to make a quick buck.

I still can't believe they brought something from, ALEC BALWIN...

man scraping the bottom of the barrel these days..

In what world is Baldwin "The bottom of the barrel". He's an A-Lister enjoying some pretty good recent success.

He's actually thinking of throwing his hat into the political ring.

In what world is Baldwin "The bottom of the barrel". He's an A-Lister enjoying some pretty good recent success.

He's actually thinking of throwing his hat into the political ring.

oh goody..You all want to talk about other's character, yet you champion a man who was a wife beater and degraded his daughter...

you people will cuddle with any low life if they put down someone you don't like

Forum List

Back