Zone1 Billy preach it ! God isnt in a building.

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
He preached to 215 million people in his life, and over 3 million accepted his invitation to give their lives to Christ. If you have never heard him preach, you owe it to yourself to listen to one of his crusades. He has brought more people to Christ than any other preacher. He was awesome.

In the chalice is the Body and Blood of Christ, the consecrated bread and wine.

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. John 5:53-59 (NIV)

Last edited:

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. John 5:53-59 (NIV)
Canabalism?

We are the church.
George Beverly Shay bellowing like a cow. And then Graham yelling for about an hour. If he was that good at preaching, his son wouldn't have enjoyed watching the pool boy doing his wife so much.

Last edited:

FRUIT OF THE VINE. Jesus is in heaven. lmk where it says hes everywhere all the time in bread?

"The Catholics and some few others take our Lord's words literally when He says, 'this is My body.' On this, they found the doctrine of Transubstantiation, i.e., that the bread and the wine, when blessed by the priest, become literal body and blood. There are many weighty arguments against such a doctrine, but the main one for it is found in these words of our Lord. But Jesus could not have meant them literally, for his body was untouched and his blood unshed on this occasion when he spoke them. Moreover, in the twenty-fifth verse of Mark chapter 14, Jesus calls the wine 'the fruit of the vine,' when according to the doctrine of Transubstantiation, it had been turned into blood and hence not wine at all."

Let us now examine the Roman Catholic dogma of Transubstantiation in light of the scriptures. In so doing, we will see that this doctrine is utterly false for the following reasons:

1. This doctrine destroys the nature of the institution as set forth by the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:23-29. The Lord's Supper is a memorial, a "sign" of something signified. The false doctrine of Transubstantiation destroys the memorial and the "sign." Jesus had not yet been crucified when He instituted the Lord's Supper. Claiming that the bread becomes the literal body of the Lord, and the fruit of the vine becomes His literal blood, "takes away the memorial and the sign and puts the object commemorated, or the thing signified, in its place." (Bulwarks of the Faith, by Foy E. Wallace, p-186)

Did Jesus take His own flesh and blood and give it to the apostles? Since He was present with them, such a thing is not plausible. His very presence makes it both improbable and impossible. So, the elements (the bread and fruit of the vine) of the memorial supper are the same now as they were then.

2. The false doctrine of Transubstantiation is contrary to Bible language. Remember, the supporters of this doctrine often argue: "He [Christ] didn't say it's a representation of his body and blood." So, we will now apply this faulty "reasoning" to other of Christ's statements found in the Scriptures and see how they weigh:

• When Jesus said, "I am the bread," (John 6:41) did He mean literal bread? Remember, as argued by supporters of this doctrine, He didn't say, "I am a representation of bread."

• When Jesus said, "I am the vine," (John 15:5) was He a literal vine? He didn't say, "I am a representation of a vine." Therefore, if Christ was a literal vine, then His disciples had to be literal branches, because He said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches."

• When Jesus said, "I am the door," (John 10:7,9) was He a literal door? He didn't say, "I am a representation of a door."

• When Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd,"(John 10:11,12) was He a literal shepherd? He didn't say, "I am a representation of a shepherd." We might also ask, were the "sheep," the "shepherd," and the "wolf" mentioned in these verses literal or figurative?

• When Jesus taught, in Matthew 5:13-14, "Ye are the light of the world," did He mean the disciples were literal lights? If so, I wonder what kind--candles, lamps, torches, etc. Remember, He didn't say, "Ye are a representation of light."

• When Jesus said, "Ye are the salt of the earth," did He mean they were table salt, rock salt, kosher salt, or block salt? Which? Let them tell us. Remember, He didn't say, "Ye are a representation of salt."
    By using Catholicism's own faulty "reasoning," it is easy to show the foolishness and fallacy of such quibbles. In the passages cited above, Jesus used figures of speech (metaphors) in His teachings, just as He did when He instituted the memorial supper.

• The false Catholic doctrine of Transubstantiation violates the Scriptures by withholding the cup. In 1415, the Council of Constance decreed that only the bread should be administered to the people, and that the priest should drink the wine for the people. This practice is contrary to divine scripture. Reread 1 Corinthians 11:23-29 and the gospel accounts. Paul commanded, "But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup." Nowhere does it imply that anyone was to feed them the bread or drink the fruit of the vine for them! When Jesus instituted this supper, in His own memory, He commanded them ALL to partake of it, saying, "drink ye all of it." (Matthew 26:26) Mark says that Jesus "gave it to them: and they all drank of it." (Mark 14:22-23)

Compare the order in which they partook of the Lord's Supper, as revealed in the scriptures, with the Catholic tradition--a priest takes a small cracker or wafer and puts it on the recipient's tongue (an unsanitary practice); then, the priest drinks the fruit of the vine for those who are present. Is this partaking of the memorial supper or being fed only the bread portion of the "supper?" The Bible teaches that the first-century disciples met on the "first day of the week" to "break bread," implying that all partook of both elements of the memorial supper (Acts 20:7; Acts 2:42; Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 10:16). This unscriptural Catholic tradition disgraces the Divine memorial that Christ instituted!

• The false Catholic doctrine of Transubstantiation was not declared a Roman Catholic Article of Faith until 1215 A.D., by the Fourth Lateran Council! This is almost 1200 years AFTER the Lord's church was established. I wonder why, if they believed and practiced this doctrine, all of the "infallible" popes (who claim to speak ex cathedra) during the time period before 1200 A.D. didn't declare Transubstantiation an Article of Faith?

• The Catholic false doctrine of Transubstantiation violates the commands of divine Scripture found in Acts 15:6-30. The Gentile disciples were commanded to "abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication and from things strangled, and from blood." (Acts 15:20,29) So, according to this false doctrine, Jesus commanded what His inspired apostles forbade, thus pitting scripture against scripture.

Forum List

Back