Billions of tests needed yet few are saying it.

?? you need a car loan or house loan Wall Street makes it happen. Tesla needs to raise money Wall Street makes it happen. Now do you understand?
Do you happen to know why the New York Fed found it necessary to throw $6 trillion in below market rate loans at Wall Street's finest weeks before Covid-19 became an issue?

American Workers Get a 4-Month Safety Net; Wall Street Gets a 4 to 5-Year Bailout

"Now consider how the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (New York Fed) and Congress take care of Wall Street.

"On September 17, 2019 the interest rate on overnight loans (repo) made between banks and other financial institutions spiked from the typical 2 percent to 10 percent.

"There was no coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak anywhere in the world at that point.

"There were no skyscrapers collapsing on Wall Street.

"There was no national emergency of any kind to warrant bailing out Wall Street.

"But within 24 hours the New York Fed had pumped $53 billion to the trading houses on Wall Street.

"No questions asked. No clogged phone lines. No paperwork to fill out. No standing in lines.

"No asking Congress for a vote. Just $53 billion created out of thin air by the New York Fed and instantly funneled out to Wall Street’s trading houses with the push of an electronic button.

"Over the next six weeks, the New York Fed pumped out more than $6 trillion in below-market rate loans to Wall Street’s trading houses."
933_COTW.png

Chart of the week: US corporate-debt bubble ready to burst | MoneyWeek
You asked for example of productive Wall Street behavior. Did the examples help you understand what Wall Street does?

Do you happen to know why the New York Fed found it necessary to throw $6 trillion in below market rate loans at Wall Street's finest weeks before Covid-19 became an issue?
Actually, March 28th was not before Corona became an issue

The Treasury secretary said on March 28th "the plan is broad-based to help small and large businesses “get through the next 90 to 120 days,” he said.

And the government isn't going to be able to keep people locked down in their homes for much longer either.
people know it is what scientists recommend so everyone is doing it voluntarily. Only an ass wants to race out there and get infected.

Not everyone is as convinced that the Chinese Kung Flu is as deadly as you think, and instead they are willing to risk it.

Remember that this infection has a very low rate of mortality.

Back in the 1980's, I was around when aids first became popular. That disease had a 100% mortality rate in the 1980's and through much of the 90's. Even during that pandemic, guys were willing to risk taking it in the caboose even though they were risking sudden death. This is a lot less risky than aids.

In order to get AIDS, you had to exchange blood or sexual body fluids with someone via sex or very close contact.

The virus isn't like that, it can be transmitted simply by standing next to an infected person and breathing the same air. Sorry, but this virus is nothing like AIDS. False equivalency.

And, for all you people who are saying that there won't be any problems if you go back to work? Tell that to the workers at Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, SD. SD is one of the handful of states with no shelter in place orders, and over half of the cases in the county have been traced back to the Smithfield plant. And, because it is now closed indefinitely, this could have an impact on our food supply.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Smithfield Foods will close its Sioux Falls facility until further notice, the company announced Sunday in a news release.

The closure comes after the South Dakota Department of Health said 238 of Minnehaha County's 438 COVID-19 cases involve "individuals who work at Smithfield Foods." The plant, one of the nation's largest pork processing plants, was identified as the state's largest hot spot accounting for about 38% of its cases. Those numbers were last updated Saturday.

Smithfield will fully shut down Wednesday. The plant will partially be operated through Tuesday to process inventory, according to the news release.

And, for all you people who are saying that there won't be any problems if you go back to work? Tell that to the workers at Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, SD. SD is one of the handful of states with no shelter in place orders, and over half of the cases in the county have been traced back to the Smithfield plant. And, because it is now closed indefinitely, this could have an impact on our food supply.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Smithfield Foods will close its Sioux Falls facility until further notice, the company announced Sunday in a news release.

The closure comes after the South Dakota Department of Health said 238 of Minnehaha County's 438 COVID-19 cases involve "individuals who work at Smithfield Foods." The plant, one of the nation's largest pork processing plants, was identified as the state's largest hot spot accounting for about 38% of its cases. Those numbers were last updated Saturday.

Smithfield will fully shut down Wednesday. The plant will partially be operated through Tuesday to process inventory, according to the news release.

Smithfield had a number of COVID positive people in their Pennsylvania plant in the City of Arnold too. (also in the city of Hazleton, a meat plant had COVID infections)

Of course, Pennsylvania is locked down tight. So that isn't the reason.

BTW, food production facilities and workers aren't subject to house arrest provisions.

Perhaps in recognition of the fact that even China and the USA can't manufacture enough tests so we can finally find and isolate the virus on a daily or weekly basis, and then safely get back to work. It seems the enormity of this task may have scared us off and forced us to give up on it even though it is the only realistic solution based on what we know today. Anyone disagree?
Definitely need strong testing sites for this and any future diseases. I do not disagree. I also agree that fire keeps you warm. This is fairly obvious.

This is a lot less risky than aids.

what???? did you see 26000 dying in a month from AIDS??????????? What planet are you on???
AIDS was different and took longer to kill someone. 92% of those dying are either old, fat, unhealthy or have underlying conditions. Our country is unhealthy as a whole. Fattest in the world and population is old. 10,000 people turn 62 every day. COVID kills the old and the weak. Darwinist virus.

what???? did you see 26000 dying in a month from AIDS??????????? What planet are you on???
AIDS was different and took longer to kill someone. 92% of those dying are either old, fat, unhealthy or have underlying conditions. Our country is unhealthy as a whole. Fattest in the world and population is old. 10,000 people turn 62 every day. COVID kills the old and the weak. Darwinist virus.

Wow..................what a difference a few years makes in the views of some people. I seem to remember that Republicans and conservatives were screaming that under Obamacare, there were going to be death panels, and the old and the weak would be allowed to die. It was a lie, but it worked to scare the conservatives.

Now? We have actual evidence that this virus goes after the old and weak, and now conservatives are saying fuck 'em, let 'em die, they aren't contributing anyway. We don't need to worry about the old, we need to get back to work even if it kills a whole bunch of them.

Wow..................what a difference a few years makes in the views of some people. I seem to remember that Republicans and conservatives were screaming that under Obamacare, there were going to be death panels, and the old and the weak would be allowed to die. It was a lie, but it worked to scare the conservatives.

Now? We have actual evidence that this virus goes after the old and weak, and now conservatives are saying fuck 'em, let 'em die, they aren't contributing anyway. We don't need to worry about the old, we need to get back to work even if it kills a whole bunch of them.
Obamacare was stupid as it forced the healthy to pay for the sick. Our healthcare system in terms of insurance utterly sucks. But in terms of treatment and innovation is the best in the world. Survival of the fittest. Old can remain quarantined. Their choice.

Definitely need strong testing sites for this and any future diseases. I do not disagree. I also agree that fire keeps you warm. This is fairly obvious.
Where are the efforts? Government should be organizing it like they organized the moon landing or WW2. Instead, they organized GM to produce 6000 ventilators that were not needed!!

Where are the efforts? Government should be organizing it like they organized the moon landing or WW2. Instead, they organized GM to produce 6000 ventilators that were not needed!!
I can only speak for MA. We have multiple testing facilities now and fairly mobilized healthcare system to deal with it. I had the virus and I got tested quickly. I am fine, btw, mild symptoms nevertheless, MA is ready from what I saw firsthand.

Obamacare was stupid as it forced the healthy to pay for the sick.
sort of like auto insurance. those not in accidents pays for those in them. And??
No. Not the same. I do not pay the same as someone who drives a shitbox or someone who constantly crashes. For health insurance whether I am healthy and have a family of 4 or sick with 4 sicks kids we all pay the same through our employer. That is retarded. If health insurance were like auto or life insurance I would have zero issues with it.

That is just not plausible in the country the size of ours and so dispersed.
everyone goes to the grocery store twice a week no reason they cant pick up test kits twice a week if we make the effort to manufacture them just like coke and pepsi.

That is just not plausible in the country the size of ours and so dispersed.
everyone goes to the grocery store twice a week no reason they cant pick up test kits twice a week if we make the effort to manufacture them just like coke and pepsi.
No it needs to be controlled and not everyone goes 2x a week. Once a month is plenty. Kids at the school, adults at work and or a local pharmacy.

Forum List

Back