Billions of tests needed yet few are saying it.

You know, while you can't force someone to take a test if they don't want to, I'm guessing that the vast majority of this country would like to be tested to see where they are at. Some may already have antibodies and had been asymptomatic when they caught it. If we can test people, we can get them back to work SAFELY.

Until we can get a test or a vaccine, lots of the current distancing things need to stay in place. Hey, I get it, it sucks to have to stay home, but we gotta do what we gotta do. There are several stores that I need things from right now that I cannot get because they are closed.
They now have a saliva test available for anyone that wants one....less invasive than the nose thing and much easier and safer to conduct...it can be given at your doctors office and they are working on a home test as well.....

A good percentage of people are going to quit eating out, quit going to malls, and will spend less after this is all done with. A more isolated society spending alot less. Perhaps this helps the economy

You know, while you can't force someone to take a test if they don't want to, I'm guessing that the vast majority of this country would like to be tested to see where they are at. Some may already have antibodies and had been asymptomatic when they caught it. If we can test people, we can get them back to work SAFELY.

Until we can get a test or a vaccine, lots of the current distancing things need to stay in place. Hey, I get it, it sucks to have to stay home, but we gotta do what we gotta do. There are several stores that I need things from right now that I cannot get because they are closed.
They now have a saliva test available for anyone that wants one....less invasive than the nose thing and much easier and safer to conduct...it can be given at your doctors office and they are working on a home test as well.....

The one that I'm hoping for is the blood test you can take yourself. You stick your finger, put the blood on the test, and it tells you within a minute if you have antibodies for the virus or not.

I'd buy that one if it came out and was reasonably priced.

Perhaps in recognition of the fact that even China and the USA can't manufacture enough tests so we can finally find and isolate the virus on a daily or weekly basis, and then safely get back to work. It seems the enormity of this task may have scared us off and forced us to give up on it even though it is the only realistic solution based on what we know today. Anyone disagree?

Too enormous.
See Plan B.

.hopefully if it returns in the fall we will have vaccine
1) it has not gone anywhere
2) vaccine is 1- 2 years with good luck, not in fall
3) you did not say if you supports billions of tests?
Actually the company that created the SARS vaccine says they are close to producing a vaccine...they began human testing last week...if they nail it that vaccine will be ready by the fall.....

A good percentage of people are going to quit eating out, quit going to malls, and will spend less after this is all done with. A more isolated society spending alot less. Perhaps this helps the economy
How would a contracted economy help?? with more poverty, unemployment, misery???

1586905749540.png

The one that I'm hoping for is the blood test you can take yourself. You stick your finger, put the blood on the test, and it tells you within a minute if you have antibodies for the virus or not.

So would I...is that the one from Johnson and Johnson?...

More people saving money is what I am speaking too. Rather than eating out and buying that cup of coffee, or shopping in a mall, people will avoid these things and save money. More people saving more money means a more financially stable population.

So would I...is that the one from Johnson and Johnson?...

Not sure who makes it, saw it on the nightly news and they didn't specify the maker, just what it does.

More people saving money is what I am speaking too. Rather than eating out and buying that cup of coffee, or shopping in a mall, people will avoid these things and save money. More people saving more money means a more financially stable population.
wrong, the money you save is the money someone else cant save

..if they nail it that vaccine will be ready by the fall.....
wrong of course, just available for experimental testing in fall!! 1-2 years if it works.
Moderna mRNA vaccine
This is the vaccine I was talking about...its already been shown to be safe for humans to take...now they must see if it works on this virus...no time prediction is in my link that I saw but you might find this interesting to read...however the time predicted on FOX news by the CEO was next fall...

Chinese biowarfare labs created an insidious flu that triplicates any previous flu's in gestation period, symptomology, duration period, and morbidity.

I don't see an effective vaccine for a number of years.

But it's important for people to have a nest egg for times such as this. Can't do that by spending on frivolous things. Because people will be tentative, things are going to be different for sure. Items that benefit a more isolated society are going to be rising.

Forum List

Back