Bill to extend unemployment AGAIN killed by senate republicans

Basically, as the GOP has stated, politics are more important that the unemployed. If they keep saying No, they will be able to take Obama down. So, taking Obama down is more important than helping the unemployed.

I hope those that will be losing their benefits remember who is was that said NO!
Absolutely. The Republicans have a vested influence in keeping people unemployed. It's called an election.

Unemployment benefits really should be a permanent entitlement.
:cuckoo: Thanks for registering under a sock puppet account purposely to respond to my post.

Just think about the fact that millions of formerly working people are about to become indigent.

Most of you right winger libertarian types think you will escape their pain, don't you?

Most of you will share it (in part at least) with them.

Some of you scions might personally escape the pain entirely, but I can assure you that your nation isn't going to.

America is going down, folks.

The virtue of selfishness is reaching the inevitable consequence of what happens when a society believes a bold faced lie.

Last edited:
but......subscribing to muchenhausen economics means you never have to say your sorry Editec

~S~

Senate Republicans Kill Unemployment Measure | The State Column

Without looking into it too much I am on board with letting it die. If we do this yet again, when will it cease? Many people stop looking for work after they begin to draw until the benefits are coming close to an end. That is the sad truth and if we continually push the benefits out there is no reason for people to look for work.

What say you?

I say those who have not been looking hard for work, are enjoying their welfare payments, tax free and all medical....free and easy. There will always be a job for an eager searcher....No more entitlements. Balance a budget! We are out of moo-lah.

What a total idiot you are. Do you really think that people that are drawing unemployment are making anything close to what they did when they were working? And unemployment is taxed, FYI. Fine, balance the budget. The people that created this situation are in the upper 0.1 of one percent of the incomes. Put a 50% tax on that bracket until the budget is balanced.

LMOA......look who's calling people idiots..................

s0n...........you are the stupidest fcukk on this forum, and believe me, that's quite a feat with some of the retarded assholes on this board.

The propsed legislation is beyond mindless. Hey......how about 199 week extension while we're at it.

All of Europe is mocking our president for wanting to continue spending at an epic pace..........all of Europe. How fcukking funny is that? Those governments now know that taxing the sh!t out of people and spending your ass off makes countries go belly up. But old rocks.............hailing from Oregon:lol::lol::lol::lol:.................knows better.

s0n..........time to come out of the fcukking middle of nowhere and join society. Leave the thatched cottage in the hills. Its not all its crakced up to be s0n............

I know a guy who has postponed surgery that would relieve his considerable pain because he hasn't worked up the courage to endure the greater but temporary pain and temporary incapacitation necessary to fix the problem. If he doesn't decide soon, however, he could deteriorate to the point that a fix will be less than satisfactory if it is doable at all.

I have noticed and my heart goes out to real life friends and those USMB members who are out of work and are current subsisting on unemployment. One has said there is no work of any kind, but the others admit they are resisting taking demeaning or disgusting grunt jobs but are holding out hoping something more suited to their experience and skill sets will open up. I understand that. And having been there in the past, I can empathise with all they are feeling. I have been in a position where the bills were piling up, I hated to answer the phone knowing it was probably a collector. I dreaded going to the mailbox and face a stack of bills stamped PAST DUE with threats of legal action if we didn't pay. It is a miserable way to live.

But like the guy foolishly postponing surgery because it will hurt or put him out of commission for a bit, we the people also have to decide soon to endure the pain of the 'fix' or we could soon be in a condition where no fix is possible. The fix means that we just stop. We don't spend any more money that we don't have or accumulate any more debt that we have no means to pay. It means that those out of work take whatever work they can get no matter how yucky until something better opens up for them. It means we roll back grandiose plans and initiatives and live within our means.

It will hurt like hell. And we might even be a bit incapacitated for a bit. But if we don't there is real danger that we will get to a point where we are unable to fix the problem. And then everybody loses anyway. And what good is that?

Senate Republicans can't kill anything. The Democrats dominate the Senate. If they want this to pass,they will pass it. It's more of that stale & pathetic "Blame the Republicans for everything even though we have all the power." That stuff just isn't working so well for the Democrats anymore. They've had all the power for a long time and they have failed miserably. I think most Americans understand this. Make 2010 count people.

Senate Republicans can't kill anything. The Democrats dominate the Senate. If they want this to pass,they will pass it. It's more of that stale & pathetic "Blame the Republicans for everything even though we have all the power." That stuff just isn't working so well for the Democrats anymore. They've had all the power for a long time and they have failed miserably. I think most Americans understand this. Make 2010 count people.
Another mindless drone parroting Stuttering LimpTard's lie. The GOP have 41 votes, they can and do kill every bill that will help the American worker. They are the scum of the Earth. They want Americans to suffer so they can regain their power. They pray for a double dip recession and terrorist attacks. There is no scum lower than a RepubliKlan!

The Raw Story | Arkansas GOP head: We need more 'attacks on American soil' so people appreciate Bush

Arkansas GOP head: We need more 'attacks on American soil' so people appreciate Bush
Josh Catone
Published: Sunday June 3, 2007

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan told a reporter that America needs to be attacked by terrorists so that people will appreciate the work that President Bush has done to protect the country.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan said to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

I am employed and would want UI benifits extended if I was in this situation payed for or unpayed its 15 million americans we are talking about ,these are our neighbors and family and friends The senate ( Dem and Rep ) need to pass this it is an emergency plain and simple This weekend me an my wife will be going to help out at our local food bank that has been over whelmed by unemployed looking for food why dont we all do something simaliar its easy to sit here and bad mouth who ever we think its a problem but I think its better to help and be seen

I want to thank the senators that are fighting for the unemployed

Basically, as the GOP has stated, politics are more important that the unemployed. If they keep saying No, they will be able to take Obama down. So, taking Obama down is more important than helping the unemployed.

I hope those that will be losing their benefits remember who is was that said NO!

you are an idiot for buying what the Dems are selling.

The Republicans "killed" this bill, but are "powerless" to stop Financial Reform, or a judicial Nomination.

The Dems are selling some BS and you all are buying. They let this bill die precisely so they could blame republicans, and it worked. They also attached 30 Billion to bail out state budgets totally not related to unemployment, and then call it a 35 Billion dollar unemployment bill when only 5 Billion of it was for unemployment. a calculated move to give the Republicans another reason to oppose it. They refuse to even consider paying for it first. So they are playing politics too.

But I do not expect any one of you Democrat partisans to ever admit that. You will just shrug it off as the Dems pass the financial Reform bill and confirm Kegan. Claiming the Republicans didn't have the power to stop those 2 things, but did have it to stop unemployment.

What a joke you people are.

I agree that the Dems let the Republicans cut their own throats and as far as I am concerned they have cut them.

Jim is right, politics are more important to the Republican Party than the unemployed or the poor. I happen to like my Representative and he is a Republican. Generally, he (Adam Putnam) and I agree with just about everything. My Senators, LeMieux (R) and Nelson (D), are not worth crap and neither one of them care about anything but politics. I sure as heck am not voting for Crist for Senate either.

These bastards are spending money like a drunken sailor on wars and bailouts in the meantime those of us who have suffered the loss of our jobs due to the economy (that those bastards created) are being left to fend for nothing. We have to take jobs that we are over qualified for (and don't pay enough to put food on the table let alone pay the bills) just to keep some semblance of food on the table.

Both parties suck... ain't no two ways about it.

Immie

How do Republicans who are in the minority kill any bill. Will someone splain that to me. Preferrably soneone who is not a whiner.

One damned vote would have helped to keep food on the table for those who have no where to turn except for the welfare rolls.

Immie

The GOP will not allow even an up or down vote. Willow, don't act ignorant. You know how the Republicans have been able to block bills.

Actually the said they would allow a vote if we made off setting cuts to pay for it first. Do try and get all the facts in there please.

Oh and don't forget the republicans do not even have the votes to sustain a filibuster. It took 1 Democrat being on their side to keep it going.

Meaning that the Republicans are placing politics ahead of people.

Immie

Absolutely. The Republicans have a vested influence in keeping people unemployed. It's called an election.

I disagree with that, but think that in times and conditions like today's there should be a least one Republican that will take his head out of his ass and realize that it takes more than 26 weeks to find fulfilling employment.

Immie

Why should there be a limit on unemployment benefits? If someone cant find a job in 36 months-they cant find a job in thirty six months. Repuiblicans are so heartless.

I disagree with that, but think that in times and conditions like today's there should be a least one Republican that will take his head out of his ass and realize that it takes more than 26 weeks to find fulfilling employment.

Immie

There are people for whom meaningful employment cannot be obtained....period. Which is why unemployment should be limitless.

so the dems can pass healthcare, economic and financial reform and bail out the unions and reinvade afganistan and not create a budget...but the gop can block this....

i call bullshit...

Immie

There are people for whom meaningful employment cannot be obtained....period. Which is why unemployment should be limitless.

Limitless unemployment is no longer, well, unemployment. What you're referring to is a 'guaranteed income'.

Immie

Limitless unemployment is no longer, well, unemployment. What you're referring to is a 'guaranteed income'.

We are the greatest country on the planet. All of our citizens should have such guarantees

So.. what's the plan? Fuck the economy up so bad that no jobs are created and then keep everybody on unemployment for life?

Huh????

Forum List

Back