Bill to extend unemployment AGAIN killed by senate republicans

Don't they have constituents on unemployment? I mean seriously, aren't they in fact hurting the people who voted them in ?

Its called unemployment benefits because you paid for it with taxes. Its unemployment insurance.

why is it we need MORE and MORE stimulus....i thought the dems were all clamoring how the first near billion dollar stimulus worked or is working...

obviously it is not....nothing but a ruse to continue to inflating an already ridiculous budget

Don't they have constituents on unemployment? I mean seriously, aren't they in fact hurting the people who voted them in ?

Its called unemployment benefits because you paid for it with taxes. Its unemployment insurance.

And you pay for the roads through taxes as well? What is your point. This bill would add to the deficit in the tune of 33 billion, obviously taxes are NOT covering the whole thing. That is, in fact, why the GOP killed it. It was not deficit neutral.

That is the sad truth and if we continually push the benefits out there is no reason for people to look for work.

What say you?

The government finds ways to screw everyone. The unemployment system itself encourages unemployment. But people also pay into it for years and and then when they want some of their money back they get hosed...

Paying people not to work is not good for the country & is not stimulus. FDR's WPA was even better than paying someone to get fat & unproductive sitting on the couch all day. It will be hell getting someone to work again after sitting around for 2 years. Extending unemployment is the absolute worst thing to do. We need windmills, oil, water, & carbon pipelines, sewer & water treatment plants, electric grid, solar, insulation, & old buildings torn down. The Obamacrats have their head way up their ass on this one.

Last edited:
I dont wish it on anyone but if you happen to need the government to pay you unemployment (after years of paying for it yourself) .....well, good luck and or refuse it since you hate all this "spending". Take a stand and refuse the money literally owed to you.

I dont wish it on anyone but if you happen to need the government to pay you unemployment (after years of paying for it yourself) .....well, good luck and or refuse it since you hate all this "spending". Take a stand and refuse the money literally owed to you.

I have never taken a dime of government unemployment, welfare, healthcare, foodstamps, or housing. This is not something you take for yourself you idiot. You talk like an ignorant welfare queen.

Last edited:
Senate Republicans Kill Unemployment Measure | The State Column

Without looking into it too much I am on board with letting it die. If we do this yet again, when will it cease? Many people stop looking for work after they begin to draw until the benefits are coming close to an end. That is the sad truth and if we continually push the benefits out there is no reason for people to look for work.

What say you?
I say where the hell were those drips when the Shrub told them to grant extension-after-extension-after-extension-after-extension, and all they said was "aye-aye, Cap'n!"??

Senate Republicans Kill Unemployment Measure | The State Column

Without looking into it too much I am on board with letting it die. If we do this yet again, when will it cease? Many people stop looking for work after they begin to draw until the benefits are coming close to an end. That is the sad truth and if we continually push the benefits out there is no reason for people to look for work.

What say you?

I say those who have not been looking hard for work, are enjoying their welfare payments, tax free and all medical....free and easy. There will always be a job for an eager searcher....No more entitlements. Balance a budget! We are out of moo-lah.

Last edited:
I say where the hell were those drips when the Shrub told them to grant extension-after-extension-after-extension-after-extension, and all they said was "aye-aye, Cap'n!"??

They were seriously outraged. Remember the Tea Party Movement in 2006? Don't you remember how angered Rush and Hannity were?

...me neither.

What say you?

It's the policy with the single most upside in terms of job creation potential.

Cumulative Effects of Policy Options on Employment in 2010 and 2011, Range of Low to High Estimates
website_graphic.png

I have never taken a dime of government unemployment, welfare, healthcare, foodstamps, or housing. This is not something you take for yourself you idiot. You talk like an ignorant welfare queen.

Dang I hope I can be as tough and well hung as you someday. :clap2:

Sorry I am not as tough as you welfare queens who attack police & citczens yet will never work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUx8vK-zcg"]Welfare Queen Attacks Police[/ame]

Sorry I am not as tough as you welfare queens who attack police & citczens yet will never work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUx8vK-zcg"]Welfare Queen Attacks Police[/ame]

I am blessed to have a full time job that has excellent benefits and a decent wage. What I refuse to do is be a complete dick to my family and friends who paid into the system for decades and just want a small share of their taxes back when the government destroyed their job with high taxes and regulations.

I am blessed to have a full time job that has excellent benefits and a decent wage. What I refuse to do is be a complete dick to my family and friends who paid into the system for decades and just want a small share of their taxes back when the government destroyed their job with high taxes and regulations.

I am talking about employing these unemployed & not being a dick saying tough shit. People like Zona always think they are owed something.
the money literally owed to you.
Stop paying people to get unhealthy & burden the system sitting on the couch collecting unemployment. Pay people to to build infrastructure. This will create even more jobs supporting these workers. Building a renewable energy infrastructure will eliminate our entire trade deficit.

Stop paying people to get unhealthy & burden the system sitting on the couch collecting unemployment. Pay people to to build infrastructure.

So I pay $10,000 a year in federal taxes and $3000 in state taxes for 35 years and I get laid off and you want me to do work and jump through hoops to get a measly 3-5% back of what I paid for years?

It's crap like this why people don't trust anything politicians tell them. The people who work for years lining these politicians pockets, putting up with tons of regulation and garbage just to try and live life get shit on the most...

RETARD ALERT. Exactly how long are benefits now? The system pays TO MUCH and for to long. There is no reason to extend benefits yet again.

Forum List

Back