Bill to extend unemployment AGAIN killed by senate republicans

why blame the republicans they don't need any republican support to pass this. they are using the republicans as scapegoats.
Remember OBAMACARE the doomed healthcare bill. not one republican voted in favor of this and it was passed by the democrats if they want to pass this do this again!!!! this shows their true colors it is the democrats that don't want to pass this bill!!!!

Don't they have constituents on unemployment? I mean seriously, aren't they in fact hurting the people who voted them in ?

Its called unemployment benefits because you paid for it with taxes. Its unemployment insurance.

How is it good to leave people on unemployment? They don't need to be unemployed. They need to find or create work. Stop handing out free money and pretending you are fixing things with it.

Time for a new Obama job stimulus program start running the census 24/7 365 days a year every year instead of every ten years. Hire every unemployed person for this and hire and fire them daily to fudge the unemployment numbers like they just did!!!!
Or maybe try fixing the boders deporting the illegals freeing up millions of jobs for the unemployed. just think hire say 750 thousand people to find, process and deport the illegals. and a few thousand to find and prosecute businesses that hire and use these illegal.

I have 2 kids in college and a high school kid.
They all work, the 2 oldest have full time jobs.
Unemployed?
Get a damn job.

Millions of people like myself are unemployed. I have been unemployed for some time I went back to school and retrained into a program that the government said was an industry with a good job future and with good employment and opportunities. I am now in the process of looking for work and finding no employment available. I have been sending out many resumes daily and keep looking for employment. I am having the old problem that is you need experience to get a job but don't have experience because I don't have a job. Now I am getting worried now because my unemployment benifits just ran out. What gets me is our country has millions for helping every other country on the planet but ignores the unemployed in this country. Ignores the immigration problem that is happening in our country today and gives billions in aid to these criminals and is trying to let more Illegals in. No money now for the unemployed we have to watch our spending. but found a trillion dollars to spend on a jobs stimulus program that created no non government jobs. heard today that only 40% of the trillion dollars has been spent as of today, and they say they don't have the money to help the unemployed.

Millions of people like myself are unemployed. I have been unemployed for some time I went back to school and retrained into a program that the government said was an industry with a good job future and with good employment and opportunities. I am now in the process of looking for work and finding no employment available. I have been sending out many resumes daily and keep looking for employment. I am having the old problem that is you need experience to get a job but don't have experience because I don't have a job. Now I am getting worried now because my unemployment benifits just ran out. What gets me is our country has millions for helping every other country on the planet but ignores the unemployed in this country. Ignores the immigration problem that is happening in our country today and gives billions in aid to these criminals and is trying to let more Illegals in. No money now for the unemployed we have to watch our spending. but found a trillion dollars to spend on a jobs stimulus program that created no non government jobs. heard today that only 40% of the trillion dollars has been spent as of today, and they say they don't have the money to help the unemployed.
One of the Republican primary winners said today that people on unemployment are spoiled. Do you agree?

spoiled why? I would rather have a job than filling out applications over and over every day day after day. I spent the last year and a half retraining and now after getting training still no jobs available. Unemployment helped with the bills but the savings are running out!!!! Kick out all these criminals and millions of jobs would open up. Just like me many would do these job that they said American wouldn't do.

Basically, as the GOP has stated, politics are more important that the unemployed. If they keep saying No, they will be able to take Obama down. So, taking Obama down is more important than helping the unemployed.

I hope those that will be losing their benefits remember who is was that said NO!

spoiled why? I would rather have a job than filling out applications over and over every day day after day. I spent the last year and a half retraining and now after getting training still no jobs available. Unemployment helped with the bills but the savings are running out!!!! Kick out all these criminals and millions of jobs would open up. Just like me many would do these job that they said American wouldn't do.

There will be no immigration reform, because the GOP has made it known that they will not work with this administration. So, as they have said, Live with it...

Basically, as the GOP has stated, politics are more important that the unemployed. If they keep saying No, they will be able to take Obama down. So, taking Obama down is more important than helping the unemployed.

I hope those that will be losing their benefits remember who is was that said NO!

you are an idiot for buying what the Dems are selling.

The Republicans "killed" this bill, but are "powerless" to stop Financial Reform, or a judicial Nomination.

The Dems are selling some BS and you all are buying. They let this bill die precisely so they could blame republicans, and it worked. They also attached 30 Billion to bail out state budgets totally not related to unemployment, and then call it a 35 Billion dollar unemployment bill when only 5 Billion of it was for unemployment. a calculated move to give the Republicans another reason to oppose it. They refuse to even consider paying for it first. So they are playing politics too.

But I do not expect any one of you Democrat partisans to ever admit that. You will just shrug it off as the Dems pass the financial Reform bill and confirm Kegan. Claiming the Republicans didn't have the power to stop those 2 things, but did have it to stop unemployment.

What a joke you people are.

Last edited:
How do Republicans who are in the minority kill any bill. Will someone splain that to me. Preferrably soneone who is not a whiner.

How do Republicans who are in the minority kill any bill. Will someone splain that to me. Preferrably soneone who is not a whiner.

theoretically by stopping it from going to the floor for debate with a filibuster. Which you need 60 votes to break. That is what they did with this bill. Though the point the Dems want you to miss is that they filibustered simply asking that we pay for it before passing it, and asking that the attached 30 billion for the states be removed as well.

The Democrats refused to even consider either, and simply declared the bill Dead.

There will be no immigration reform, because the GOP has made it known that they will not work with this administration. So, as they have said, Live with it...

If there is no immigration reform it is because the President and Congress do not want immigration reform. They do not want to have to go on the record with what they believe about what immigration reform should be which will be about 180 opposite of what most Americans believe immigration reform should be. They're picking and choosing their fights so as to not derail the more horrendous stuff they intend to do.

And they can shrug and say it isn't their fault and absolve themselves of all responsibility by getting their more gullible constituents to say stuff like the GOP killed it, or they can't pass it because the GOP won't cooperate.

Bull shit.

It sure as hell didn't stop them from pushing the stuff they did want to do.

And it won't stop them from pushing forward with Cap & Trade which will be the most expensive and the ugliest legislation they've forced on us yet. They know they have to get passed while they still have a majority in both houses of Congress.

I swear there must be a fire sale on kool-aid this summer.

Last edited:
The GOP will not allow even an up or down vote. Willow, don't act ignorant. You know how the Republicans have been able to block bills.

The GOP will not allow even an up or down vote. Willow, don't act ignorant. You know how the Republicans have been able to block bills.

Actually the said they would allow a vote if we made off setting cuts to pay for it first. Do try and get all the facts in there please.

Oh and don't forget the republicans do not even have the votes to sustain a filibuster. It took 1 Democrat being on their side to keep it going.

Last edited:

Actually the said they would allow a vote if we made off setting cuts to pay for it first. Do try and get all the facts in there please.

Oh and don't forget the republicans do not even have the votes to sustain a filibuster. It took 1 Democrat being on their side to keep it going.
Just because Stuttering LimpTard and the GOP hate media told you that doesn't make it true, in face it makes it false as CON$ are perfect contrarian indicators.

The RepubliKlans have 41 votes in the Senate without any Dems.

My God you CON$ are stupid!

No idea, really. That's just what the GOPer said.

Absolutely. The Republicans have a vested influence in keeping people unemployed. It's called an election.

Absolutely. The Republicans have a vested influence in keeping people unemployed. It's called an election.

Unemployment benefits really should be a permanent entitlement.

Unemployment benefits really should be a permanent entitlement.

That's a fucking wonderful idea libtard. So if we ALL just sat around drawing unemployment who would pick up the tab? GodAlmightyDAMn how do they grow you people so dumb?

Senate Republicans Kill Unemployment Measure | The State Column

Without looking into it too much I am on board with letting it die. If we do this yet again, when will it cease? Many people stop looking for work after they begin to draw until the benefits are coming close to an end. That is the sad truth and if we continually push the benefits out there is no reason for people to look for work.

What say you?

I say those who have not been looking hard for work, are enjoying their welfare payments, tax free and all medical....free and easy. There will always be a job for an eager searcher....No more entitlements. Balance a budget! We are out of moo-lah.

What a total idiot you are. Do you really think that people that are drawing unemployment are making anything close to what they did when they were working? And unemployment is taxed, FYI. Fine, balance the budget. The people that created this situation are in the upper 0.1 of one percent of the incomes. Put a 50% tax on that bracket until the budget is balanced.

Forum List

Back