Bill Cosby Agrees with Jimmy Carter

could it be because they knew each other?

no having worked with my friend for 5 years now we go to different parts of the United states quite often enough, its not just him though I have seen it quite a bit I was using that as an example that it was natural to seek out people of like skin tone I have seen it all the time on every occasion it is the same no matter who I am with or where I go.

I'm not sure if you can base a theory only off of one's personal anecdotes. I would guess that sometimes people do seek out their "own" maybe because of the fear of rejection from someone of another race.

I'm young and I live in Southern California, so amongst my peers it's almost not even an issue. I think it's generational.

you could be right although since I am basing it on my personel experience. I tend to look at how people react to one another. but for my experience even in large groups people do tend to herd together according to skin tone. I do work with alot of young people of all nationalities 18-26 age range from all over the United states, but this race thing that I see is usually media driven and from what I see stirs the pot and gets people angry/upset I do think the media does this on purpose as a means for ratings like almost everything they do, politicians are using it now to fuel their bases. I wish both parties would stop it, some people are idiots why give the idiots the media time? but alot of those idiots are pundits stiring the pot. The people I work with are all fine and we go get the job done. race is never an issue unless it is in the news even then it is usually just joked about.

I guess I do not get it with the race thing. I took a class and we had a day about diversity, everyone told each others past about diversity, I told the class that I graduated high school in an all white class, I did not know any person of color growing up, they were all shocked

I feel sorry for you. Nothing you could do about it though. In fact, most of the country is relegated into pockets of whiteness, most of the middle. And where there are high concentrations of different races and ethnicities, they tend to be clannish.

Ahh Veritas, so your saying in high concentrations of different races and enthnicities they tend to be clannish? not sure I understand your sediment unless you meant that the white areas tend to be clannish, funny having lived in an all white town I did not see any clannish activities, I moved and live and work in a multui cultural environment now people are people. why would you feel sorry for me, I laugh and cry and live my life the best I can. in fact how would you know that those places are clannish, I do not presume that I know urban areas but your the expert of rural areas, oh let me guess you saw or read a post or articile that said that. sigh your ignorance is showing, as my post says I observe how people react. In that class they acted like you do, so what move on is my whole point. geesh i am happy

How many people agree with Obama, because he is a Black man? It does work both ways.

No. It really doesn't. In fact, I think they probably have a lot of cause to think he's not active enough in race issues. If you recall Jessie Jackson said he wanted to cut his _____ off. He was elected for a lot of reasons...but he was elected IN SPITE OF his color.... and probably wouldn't have been if the economy hadn't crashed and if McCain/Palin hadn't looked so clueless.

How many read the party platforms? I read both. I liked the democratic party platform best, and voted for the candidate running on its planks. I didn't vote for the "black guy," I voted for the "smart guy."

I voted for the old guy who slept on Veitcong planks for years.

Only he could deal with the Chinese when they ask the US to pay off it's Chinacreditcard.

Ame®icano;1528332 said:
"Bill Cosby Agrees with Jimmy Carter "

Like I care...

probably about as much as i care about anything uttered by sarah palin.

Ya know Jillian, there just isn't any way I can take a thing you say seriously knowing that you idolize an imbecile like Bruce Springsteen.......... that is well beyond pathetic.

Why does everyone call Obama a black man? He isn't black, if anything he's a medium brown, probably because he is half white. His black parent rejected him and he was raised solely by white people, his mother(kind of) and mostly his white grand parents. So why is he considered black? When I criticize the asinine things he does, I only criticize his white half and his white upbringing......... I wonder what Jimma and Bill would say about that. I'm originally from South Louisiana, I have no doubt that there is some black person's blood running through my veins, does that mean I'm black? Will that get me affirmative action into Harvard?

Basically, these racist accusations, like the Presidency of the idiot in there right now, is a load of bullshit. Grow up.

How many people agree with Obama, because he is a Black man? It does work both ways.

No. It really doesn't. In fact, I think they probably have a lot of cause to think he's not active enough in race issues. If you recall Jessie Jackson said he wanted to cut his _____ off. He was elected for a lot of reasons...but he was elected IN SPITE OF his color.... and probably wouldn't have been if the economy hadn't crashed and if McCain/Palin hadn't looked so clueless.

Do you think there are people who didn't vote for Obama because he is black? Of course you do. On the other hand, you don't believe that there are people who did vote for him because he's black? Bull. It works both ways whether people admit it or not.

Barack Obama has done race a disservice by presenting himself as the first 'black' president. He isn't black, he's bi-racial. These 'racist' issues would be much less, if at all, if he had gone the bi-racial route. Why does he call himself black anyway? Is he denying his white half?

While there are people in this country who hold his color against him, the majority don't. But they are opposed to his massive spending, his massive government growth, his massive czar panel, etc. and to say that majority is racist because they object to his policies is a load of shit. It's distraction, it's ridicule, it's avoiding the facts and I don't buy for one second.

If a white person had said what Jesse Jackson said, they would have been labled a racist with total disregard for the why of the statement.

Last edited:
i think he nailed it. there's a certain percentage of people that won't accept a balck president. he isn't saying, IMO, that everyone who opposes obama and his plans is a racist, which is good, because i oppose a lot of his plans. to deny that some are motivated by racism is disingenuous.

he's also right about the members of congress who acted like truculent children during obama's speech. i don't care if you agree with their positions or not, acting like asshats does nothing to help fix the problems our country faces.

/soapbox

I owe you a rep (I know you eagerly await my 17 bottle caps LOL)

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The percentage of black people who voted for Obama: 96%. :eusa_shhh:

Which might just be an indicator of how thoroughly unappealing the McPalin ticket, as well as the Republican Party, is to Black people, AND WHOSE FAULT IS THAT???????

There are all sorts of reasons that either of those two would be anathema.

Looks like Bill Cosby is about to be dropped by "conservatives" like a hot rock.

Not by CONSERVATIVE Black people, lol...... Who likely don't give a shit what neo-CON whites think, LOL...

Colin Powell was the most subtle: He said he just wasn't going to put his family through the crap, being president just was not worth all that. I am enjoying seeing him proved absolutely right on!

Which might just be an indicator of how thoroughly unappealing the McPalin ticket, as well as the Republican Party, is to Black people, AND WHOSE FAULT IS THAT???????

Blacks always vote for Dems in the 90 percentiles.

It's a stupid argument xsited1 is advancing.

Blacks always vote for Dems in the 90 percentiles.

It's a stupid argument xsited1 is advancing.

What is, is. The reasons why do matter, though.

Wow, I have always held Cosby's opinions pretty high; he's often spot on. Not here.

From Cosby’s Facebook page:

I agree with President Carter that racism is playing a role in recent outbursts against President Obama. During President Obama’s speech on the status of health care reform, some members of congress engaged in a public display of disrespect. While one Representative hurled the now infamous “you lie” insult at the President, others made their lack of interest known by exhibiting rude behavior such as deliberately yawning and sending text messages ….

Various polls prior to the election indicated that between five and ten percent of Americans would never vote for an African American president. That number, of course, only includes those who actually admitted to their prejudice. How many others harbored such feelings but did not respond honestly when asked the question? And how many people oppose Obama’s plan because the President is African American?

In “Birth of a Nation,” D.W. Griffith used white actors in black face to portray black legislators as having low intelligence and acting like fools. Today, we have a band of real life congressional fools seemingly bent on blocking any meaningful reform of the health care system. But if we allow even one American to die simply because he or she cannot afford treatment, we are creating a shameful scenario that could aptly be called “Death of a Nation.”

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Bill Cosby: ‘Racism is playing a role in recent outbursts against President Obama.’

In the study of formal logic, one learns of a concept known as "trivial truth." For present purposes, the concept is easily explained.

Premise 1: SOME Americans are still racists. (It's sad, but undeniable.)
Premise 2: Many Americans criticize President Obama's plans and policies.
Premise 3: President Obama is a black man.

That conclusion is TRUE (assuming that the premises are true), but it's a trivial truth because it holds very little explanatory power.

The syllogism and the conclusion don't address why non-racists might be opposing President Obama's plans and policies, for example.

And the syllogism and the conclusion cannot be used (validly) to explain why most Americans oppose the President's plans and policies.

Right... :eusa_whistle:

You don't live in the South, do you?

Forum List

Back