Bill Clinton throws Obama under the bus on raising TAXES on the wealthy

Again... you imbecilic twat

It ENSURES no such thing.... And since it does not sell insurance, it also does not insure a damn thing

We know you don't give a fuck about what others say... it appears you don't give a fuck about anything but yourself...

Now... if we would take your argument and apply it to people who don't do very much for the country, your fellow low earning imbeciles at the Burger King for example, you would have a fit... because it simply fits your agenda....

You see... where your direct vote is represented, you have the same voting power as anyone... and the branch that utilizes that method for selection is the Legislative.... in a balance of power, the Judicial is not voted on at all but rather it is selection by appointment and confirmation by the Executive and Legislative (particularly the Senate) branches respectively.... and further in the balance of power, the selection of the Executive branch ensured the voices of all states (you know, those things that give the federal government its power) are heard by a popular vote for constitutionally approved electors within the state who then cast their lots for the office of the President and Vice President.... balance of power, a good thing to have...

Oh.. and your vote for electors in the Presidential election process... has just as much 'weight' or 'power' or whatever term you wish to use, as every other citizen who cast a vote for the electors within your state... and your state determines the laws which govern such electors when casting their ballots for the offices of President and Vice President... and remember, AGAIN, it is the states that give the power to the federal government, not the popular vote of the nationwide populous...

A little education can take you a long way... even out of that fry cook job

Again.

You are completely wrong. There's really no need to dissect this post. It's blather, bile and ranting.

My vote has less weight then the guy in Montana..in my example. It's simple math.

No.. a little education in civics would show I am completely right...

You are more of an idiot than previously thought

I'm not sure that is mathematically possible.

hand-signals-vector.jpg

source
Do you know the name of this thread? (Hint it is not "Florida e2000 redux")

:question:

If you had to look, put $10 in the USMB kitty.

lol

Whether Gore or Bush would've won is an open question.

The counts removed the question.

The only thing to speculate on is if he could have pulled off cheating only counting select districts.

Do you know what value Bush v. Gore holds as precedent? Zero. Do you know why? Because the majority said their reasoning applies in this case only. Do you know why they said that?

They don't want their partisan sophistry used against them in a future election.

So there is a 9-0 vote that Bush v. Gore can never be cited in a future case, either before the Supreme Court or before a lower court.

Bush v. Gore is really that bad a decision.

All they did was hold a state court in check during a federal election.

The only thing to speculate on is how could cheating effect outcome. By only choosing select counties we do know an attempt was made.

They overrode election law. They gave Bush a one-time pass. Don't you get it? Precedent means continuity of the law. It takes law out of the hands of men, because it extends it beyond immediate circumstances and beyond their lifetime. By refusing to allow their EXTREMELY political decision to lack precedent, they essentially used the Supreme Court as a vessel for the rule of men, when it is supposed to be an institution of law.

Maybe Bush would've won anyway. It doesn't make SCOTUS's decision any less atrocious. SCOTUS still believed it necessary to intervene to secure Bush's election. That was wrong. The decision has since tainted our political system.

Besides, "the ends justifies the means" logic is supposed to be the liberal viewpoint. The means matter, and so does the Constitution. Constitution before party. Law before personal interest.

Their count showed that Bush's razor-thin margin of 537 votes -- certified in December by the Florida Secretary of State's office -- would have tripled to 1,655 votes if counted according to standards advocated by his Democratic rival, former Vice President Al Gore.

That right there is some funny shit.

Katherine Harris' 'W' Files - CBS News

Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who also served as co-chair of Bush's Florida campaign, had said repeatedly that she had erected "a firewall" during the election between her state office and the Republican Party.
:lol:

That look was followed in November by an analysis by a consortium of media outlets, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, CNN and AP

Not exactly some far right wing media sources....wouldn't you agree, Sallow? :razz:

Completely right about what?

It's my opinion..and mathematical fact..that the electoral college is unfair. It gives undo weight to people in less populated states.

Either you agree with it or not. I don't. Simple as that.

Their count showed that Bush's razor-thin margin of 537 votes -- certified in December by the Florida Secretary of State's office -- would have tripled to 1,655 votes if counted according to standards advocated by his Democratic rival, former Vice President Al Gore.

Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who also served as co-chair of Bush's Florida campaign, had said repeatedly that she had erected "a firewall" during the election between her state office and the Republican Party.

That look was followed in November by an analysis by a consortium of media outlets, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, CNN and AP

Not exactly some far right wing media sources....wouldn't you agree, Sallow? :razz:

There were so many things wrong with the Florida election I would hold that the only fair thing to do would have been to rerun it..

That would have been simple enough. The data was extremely corrupted. From the chads to the purging of ballots mistakenly thought to be felons to the way it was counted.

That didn't happen.

But what's left is some very interesting legal questions, no? :lol:

It's my opinion..and mathematical fact..that the electoral college is unfair. It gives undo weight to people in less populated states.

It is not mathematical fact.... it gives no undue weight... what it gives is a balance of power by differing manners of the selection of the branches of the federal government.... not everything is about a popular vote of the masses, swallow

It is not mathematical fact.... it gives no undue weight... what it gives is a balance of power by differing manners of the selection of the branches of the federal government.... not everything is about a popular vote of the masses, swallow

And there you go again..asking to swallow my cum.

Answer is still no.

Okay?

Homo?

There were so many things wrong with the Florida election I would hold that the only fair thing to do would have been to rerun it..

That would have been simple enough. The data was extremely corrupted. From the chads to the purging of ballots mistakenly thought to be felons to the way it was counted.

That didn't happen.

no...the process did work...not to your liking, but it did work. If there was a rerun as you suggest....yes there would be some legal issues.

That didn't happen.

no...the process did work...not to your liking, but it did work.

I plenty sure if the shoe were on the other foot..you'd be going nuts.

And aside from what you may think...I would be too. If this exact same thing happened and the parties were reversed? To me it would still be a lousy decision.

When it comes to the legal system..I'm pretty clear about that.

Even Scalia..basically said..this was a one time emergency decision, never to be used as precedent.

Imagine that.

That didn't happen.

And aside from what you may think...I would be too. If this exact same thing happened and the parties were reversed? To me it would still be a lousy decision.

Even Scalia..basically said..this was a one time emergency decision, never to be used as precedent.

Imagine that.

I would be disappointed, Sallow...and pissed at the time. What I wouldn't be is blaming it on the Supreme Court, or any politician, especially 11 years later.

Imagine that.

I would be disappointed, Sallow...and pissed at the time. What I wouldn't be is blaming it on the Supreme Court, or any politician, especially 11 years later.

Like I said..

There were so many things lousy about the whole process..and the Supreme Court decision that it really deserves examination.

If one of the judges makes a remark that it should not be precedent..and we should all get over it..

That's a problem.

A big one.

Pop question.................

Who's not winning???

Preface with.........right now on DRUDGE..................

Dow plunges 391 points...
Global markets tumble 4%...

ZOELLICK: 'World in danger zone'...

SOROS: US already in double-dip...

GLOBAL MELTDOWN: INVESTORS DUMPING EVERYTHING

RECESSION 'LOST GENERATION'...
6 Million people age 25-34 live with parents, up 25%... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jobless claims top 400k - again....

Connecticut tavern dating back to 1740 shuts its doors... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downturn: Pittsburgh MACY'S To Drop Six Of Its 12 Floors...

Obama touts jobs plan at Ohio bridge that won't qualify...
Workers wouldn't be hired until 2015...
Bill Clinton: Obama's approach to deficit 'a little confusing'... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin may quietly abandon long-term care entitlement program... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GALLUP: More voters considering Romney than Obama...
Obama's rating among blacks falls...
Congressman: Media Will Show 'Real Desperation' To Protect Obama...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POLL: Men's' Approval of Obama Hits All-Time Low...

spin away s0ns......................:2up::2up::2up:

Like I said..

There were so many things lousy about the whole process..and the Supreme Court decision that it really deserves examination

Since the vote against the Florida Supreme Court was 9-0, where do you plan to start looking exactly to figure out what went wrong? Are you thinking Breyer? Ginsburg? Stevens? Where do you plan to start figuring it all out?

Forum List

Back