• Elvis

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hendrix

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Morrison

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i vote hendrix, elvis and lennon were waning...morrison never reached the heights that hendrix did...

electric ladyland... and the gods made love..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXZ2LoPtYA]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix "And The Gods Made Love" studio outtake[/ame]

Elvis, Lennon, Hendrix, Morrison?

No Buddy Holly?

I would have to say based on your choices that Lennon was. I will also say that while I think his politics sucked, his music was good.

The other three were tragedies of their own making. I liked Elvis the best of them all, and he was, at the time, the most popular of any of them.

Hank Williams, Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves were as big a tragedy as any of those you have listed.

The Day The Music Died

Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson,

Feb. 3. 1959

[YOUTUBE]S6uEjifqTaI[/YOUTUBE]

In terms of a brilliant career of a man who was adding to music, I'd have to say that Hendrix's death was the greatest loss to the genre.

Had he continued I expect he'd have migrated into Jazz, fusing jazz and electtric rock guitar.

Now he'd have lost market share, because Rock was already rejecting him, but musically, I think he was just starting to mature into a serious musician.

No Buddy Holly?

I would have to say based on your choices that Lennon was. I will also say that while I think his politics sucked, his music was good.

The other three were tragedies of their own making. I liked Elvis the best of them all, and he was, at the time, the most popular of any of them.

Hank Williams, Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves were as big a tragedy as any of those you have listed.

I forgot about Buddy and Ritchie Valens. I should have named the thread "biggest loss". how did Hank Williams die? did patsy die in a helicopter crash?

No Buddy Holly?

buddy holly would have gotten my vote....i still wear the ray bans lol

Elvis, Lennon, Hendrix, Morrison?

Lennon

Elvis, Hendrix, Morrison was all drugs.

Lennon was taken in the prime of his life, right before a comeback. He had a kid and everything. He did drugs but not at a level that those three men did.

Don't get me wrong, they are three of the best musicians I've ever heard but not tragedies like Lennon was.

I agree with Patsy and Jim Reeves. Personally Bon Scott and Otis are mine, followed closely by Sam Cooke..Of those mentioned, probably Lennon......

Sam Cooke would be on my list, as would Lynard Skynard.

Oh and Dev, you cannot blame Lennon for the way he died.

I forgot about Buddy and Ritchie Valens. I should have named the thread "biggest loss". how did Hank Williams die? did patsy die in a helicopter crash?

I think Hand died of liver failure or somethink similar. Was a chronic alcoholic and died at 29. You'd have to have one hell of a drinking problem to die like that. I think Pigpen from the Grateful Dead died of something similar at about aged 27...

I think Hand died of liver failure or somethink similar. Was a chronic alcoholic and died at 29. You'd have to have one hell of a drinking problem to die like that. I think Pigpen from the Grateful Dead died of something similar at about aged 27...

Hank Williams ODed on morphine and B12, although i don't doubt cirrhosis was in his future. the Pig died of cirrhosis in his late 20s (1973 I think). too bad, he was a great performer at a live show.

Forum List

Back