Biggest German Warez Board blocks content for German users

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Boerse.bz, a vital forum for pirated content of any kind fights to survive. Now it has blocked its content for German, Austrian and British users, not without offering a way to bypass the lock. A way that is offered apparently in a cooperation with the anonymizer hide.me. Now if a user from these countries opens a thread that offers any content, a youtube like notification about the lock appears, some far-fetched reasons for the lock and - of course - the hide.me offer.

:lol:

Boerse.bz: Filesharing-Portal sperrt deutsche Nutzer aus - COMPUTER BILD

Boerse.bz, a vital forum for pirated content of any kind fights to survive. Now it has blocked its content for German, Austrian and British users, not without offering a way to bypass the lock. A way that is offered apparently in a cooperation with the anonymizer hide.me. Now if a user from these countries opens a thread that offers any content, a youtube like notification about the lock appears, some far-fetched reasons for the lock and - of course - the hide.me offer.

Well, I was able to access it, but not knowing any German leaves me out. It would seem that Google has changed and is no longer offering a translation to English version.

So they'll get some small fries. If they want to go after the real crooks they need to look east.........

Two words: mirror site. :)

So they'll get some small fries. If they want to go after the real crooks they need to look east.........

Yeah...that and Pirates Bay...merely 5,000,000 active users.
I know of no one that uses it :eusa_whistle:
Looked at Pirate Bay once to download something and thought better of it. :dunno:

Since it is magnet links rather than actual torrents it is much safer.
I only use it once a week, Monday for Walking Dead.
I pay $8 for Netflix...$8 for Hulu Plus and $80 a year for Amazon Prime, plus rent Movies through Vudu 2 or 3 times a month. So I don't feel the least bit bad about pirating this and NFL games. As soon as NFL gets on board with Internet based service (I am betting 2016 at the latest) I will gladly pay rather than pirate it.

It is still unclear if users will be sued. In spite of torrent file sharing, the download of offered content via that page includes no upload - and the most were just downloading.
The page doesn´t know who has downloaded what anyway. The page only links to filehosters like dpfiles and only they can inform about what IPs have been used by users. In addition, the German internet providers delete the actual users behind the IPs after some days.

My 2 cents on the whole torrent/magnet link Piracy.
It is a good thing.
Just like with Napster, it forced the music industry to start treating consumers like they mean something other than a bunch of rubes. Napster completely changed how people buy and listen to music forever.
Piracy along with Netflix/Hulu/Vudu etc. etc. is forcing the entertainment industry to understand that people want...no demand...a better way to view entertainment than the cable rip-off.
HBO has really joined the internet TV revolution with going all internet TV in January of next year. The signs are certainly there that the NFL is soon to do the same thing - which would be fantastic!
I will not pay for cable. It is a rip off.
I will pay for what I want where it is offered. If I can't get it because it is not offered - then I will pirate it.

Forum List

Back