Big Windows 10 Bug

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
When I upgraded to Win10, the old Homegroup was kept on my machine and not on my wifes. The homegroup had actually been created on my sons computer and he has moved out with the computer with him.

So my wife created a homegroup but I couldnt see it because my sons homegroup was still active and Win10 wont let you change the homegroup.

Cannot join homegroup

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/431f50dd-7d76-4610-99ce-4aebb76d9647?page=3

Solved Homegroup not working correctly - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft pushing Windows 10...

Windows 10 will become a 'recommended update'
Oct 31, 2015 - After a controversial move to pre-download Windows 10 onto the PCs of Windows 7. 8 and 8.1 owners, regardless of whether the owner wants to upgrade, Microsoft will start a more aggressive push starting early next year.
"We expect to be re-categorizing Windows 10 as a "Recommended Update," said Terry Myerson, executive vice president of Microsoft's operating systems engineering division. "Depending upon your Windows Update settings, this may cause the upgrade process to automatically initiate on your device." Despite the announced aggressive push to get Windows 10 onto as many desktops, laptops and tablets out there, Myerson is providing more transparency on how upgrades and downloads are handled, a change of pace from the earlier debacle where forced downloads caused users connected to wireless mobile broadband networks to incur data charges. "We understand you care deeply about what happens with your device," Myerson explained. "This is why -- regardless of your upgrade path -- you can choose to upgrade or decline the offer."

49609186.jpg

Users who have set their version of Windows to accept all updates will find the Windows 10 installation process will begin automatically.​

Windows update

Before making Windows 10 as a "recommended update" on the Windows Update server next year to users, Microsoft will soon begin to categorize the software as an "optional update" for existing Windows owners. Users will be presented with a dialog box prompting them to upgrade, "where they can choose to upgrade to Windows 10 or choose not to upgrade to Windows 10," Myerson said. Windows 10 was initially launched on July 29, and owners of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 have a year from that date to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

Microsoft has a 31-day rollback policy where you can downgrade from Windows 10 to your prior operating system and still keep all your apps, files and settings. The move was likely put into place to get users to try Windows 10 without having to commit to the operating system if they didn't like it.

MORE

I won't "upgrade" to Win 10 until there is no more software that can run on my Win 7 machine.
It seems that each version is more bloated (bigger resource hog for background operations) than the last, plus it gets harder to change important settings that M$ doesn't think that you need to change (example in the OP).

I won't "upgrade" to Win 10 until there is no more software that can run on my Win 7 machine.
It seems that each version is more bloated (bigger resource hog for background operations) than the last, plus it gets harder to change important settings that M$ doesn't think that you need to change (example in the OP).

Whatever makes you happy.

I like Windows 10. Clean and stable.

Forum List

Back