Big tank on Wall Street today!

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
God do I miss the Pre-Covid Trump days! Biden's economy continues to hurt us all. Of course we could ask for a government bailout to get back what I've lost since he became president.

Stocks sink as Fed Chair Jerome Powell promises 'forceful and rapid' action on inflation​

Dow now down nearly 900 points​

From CNN Business' Paul R. La Monica

There was nowhere to run to and nowhere to hide on Wall Street Friday. The Dow plunged nearly 900 points in late afternoon trading. All 30 stocks were in the red. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq sank, too, plummeting 3% and 3.5% respectively.
The reason for the sell-off? Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell didn't sound all that dovish about future interest rate hikes during his speech in Jackson Hole Friday. The odds of another big rate hike (three-quarters of a point versus a half-point) at the Fed's next meeting on September 21 shot up following his comments.
Powell even mentioned that there could be some "pain" for consumers and businesses as the Fed uses higher rates to fight inflation.

God do I miss the Pre-Covid Trump days! Biden's economy continues to hurt us all. Of course we could ask for a government bailout to get back what I've lost since he became president.

Stocks sink as Fed Chair Jerome Powell promises 'forceful and rapid' action on inflation​

Somebody taking action on inflation but the stock market crashes when he does.

He sure scared the shit out of markets today.

The Fed, after pumping $11 trillion of stimulus into markets from 2009 through 2020, was then about 12 months late on mitigating what it caused.

I was really hoping I'd like Powell. Oh well.
Happens. You gotta ride the wave and not panic.
Search out those deals. :)

Stocks sink as Fed Chair Jerome Powell promises 'forceful and rapid' action on inflation

Now I'm really scared. Part of me wants to see our economy collapse completely just to drive home how insane, treasonous and incompetent these idiots in Washington really are.

I think we are at the point now where we might need to arrest several hundred people in DC, convict them of gross incompetence and sedition and take them out back before the firing squad.

oof-size-large-23-memes-85.jpg

But, we're not in a recession and inflation is zero.

Go back to Quantitative Easing back when the brown turd Obammy gave zero percent interest rates for borrowing money to the likes of Apple, and other Marxist billionaires. These guys bought up their own stocks through buy backs thus increasing their prices over time, making them even more money. But now that the FED is going to raise rates higher than their profits, the big sell off is happening.

Forum List

Back