Big Labor Strike Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RodISHI, Dec 12, 2008.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    To the Executuve Branch,

When the corporate CEO's, bankers, the House and Senate politicians and the rest of the fat cats in this sell out and sold out economized country take their pay cuts, then and only then do they have even a remote right to expect the rest of working class Americans to take a mandated pay cut. This is crap and it is going to start a labor battle in this country that hasn't been seen for decades.

Wall Street and Washington wants to play games with everyone's livelihood. When your future's market cattle, hogs and sheep can't get to the packing houses, your Detroit cars can't get hauled to the dealers and your construction machinery and equipment can't get hauled and your sub-standard retail store chains wares are setting in Jersey and L.A. getting snagged by the dock boys, don't come bitching to Labor for a bailout.

I don't know how many of you guys on this forum are writers and/or reporters but you need to start putting this out there so people know what's coming. I've got a friend who took on over 500 over the road trucks to serve a cartage contract for a bunch of sellout greed mongers. The oil futures Wall Street leeches nailed him on fuel, the wall street banker he had for years mysteriously cancelled his multi-million dollar lines of credit, etc. etc. etc, I could go on and on. How far do these ignorant, sold out bought on credit legislators and good ole boy business cronies expect the American people to go?

Somebody in D.C. better wake up because from what I'm hearing out here in rural America time is running out. This new president has no idea what he is getting into. It's not that people out here won't tighten up a belt and roll up sleeves and get on with it but people, they aren't willing to carry (literally) this country much farther while a bunch of futures traders and bankers are out selling it off. And another thing while I'm on a roll here, don't expect the military to hang tight forever either. And the first one of you arm chair Charlie's that tell me to get a life can go straight to Hell! Myself and others out here and our kids and grandkids have a life. We are getting damn tired of a bunch of D.C. dumbasses selling us out for nothing. You have already soldout our yesterdays now you want to sellout our tomorrows too! Get off of labor's ass and get on the fat cat CEO's ass.

Rod

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Rod, I sure can't argue with you.

If a business is in trouble, any type of business, the cut backs and reductions have to be across the board, every level, every department. My wife and I are far from saints and we surely make mistakes, but, when things get tight, we take the first cuts, before passing it down the line. It has to be that way if we expect to stay effective as leaders. It didn't matter if it was years back when we had multiple retail outlets or now with only one. The principles are the same.

In regard to the military, I'm a nationalist, I am a patriot, I really like military life and I have a great admiration for those who choose that path. But, you make a valid point. Serving is not just about giving it up for your nation, but, it is a families livelihood or a single persons career in many cases. They count on the income, along with the educational and health benefits.

I agree, we as a people, as a nation have to each be willing to do what is needed to make things better. We are certainly capable, it comes down to willingness.

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Big Labor strikes during this economy? Who do they expect to get sympathy from? Not me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    Let them strike.

There are a lot of other people who would love to have their jobs.

5. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    MS, if I just neg rep'd you it was an accident. I intended to +rep.

Couldn't PM you on this...

6. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    no problem, and please tell the UAW not to come bitching to me for a handout

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    That's cool, it's all worked out! :D

8. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    I just heard the President of the UAW's on the radio.

What an idiot.

The UAW has my support no longer.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Atlas shrugs, and remembers that he has nothing to fear from the working class because he knows he can always hire one worker to kill the other.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    If I get laid off, expect me to take a few month to go on the picket line too. Why not when no one is hiring and I have 6 months of unenjoyment, plus a 3 month extension!!!

Just kidding.

But I would go picket.

And I do want all American labor to organize.

The ones who are arguing for the Big 3 to fail, you can never join our union. Companies will hire you first, for $8 hr. But we'll make them hire us for $20. LOL.