Big Labor Strike Coming Soon

You are fabricating an argument idiot. Where did I say businesses and insurance companies have collective bargaining? Quote me if you can. And you can't.

And as you call them working men have the right to organize just as businesses have the right not to enter into labor contracts with unions.

Personally I see businesses that run on a merit based pay scale where the best employees are rewarded and the worst are weeded out as a better plan than a business that agrees to pay everyone the same rate regardless of the quality of their work and where those same poor workers are impossible to fire.

That's right DipShiti. The whole world has conspired just to screw you.

I don't want a union bargaining for my pay. I would rather out perform my fellow employees and negotiate my own pay rather than be lumped into the pool of mediocrity that unions foster.

And if you would bother to read anything I've posted, you'd know that I am no fan of the fucking government. I have been nothing but critical of the FED and our politicians.

You on the other hand seem to want the government to step in to bail out the UAW but you don't want the government to bail out the banks. I say the government should stay the fuck out of business and let failing business fail.

If a company can't pay workers what they demand and stay in business, the company has 2 options. Pay too much and go out of business or hire a work force that will work for what the company can afford to pay.

Tell me why in 2007 did Toyota and GM sell about the same number of cars did GM lose 36 billion dollars and Toyota made a 17 billion dollar profit?

I'll help you out here. GM is running an unsustainable business model due in large part to the UAW and their demands. So let the union drive GM into insolvency and when all those guys are out of work, you tell me how the union was looking out for them.

I get the feeling that no matter how simple of terms you put it in, he ( or she ) just won't get it .........:eusa_whistle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by editec
Right now a LOT of Americans are still detoxing from the propaganda they've been poisoned with that blames everything on liberals.

Jesus Christ ..... :cuckoo:

No, I don't think Jesus Christ was involved, DB.

Good guess though, and thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by editec
Right now a LOT of Americans are still detoxing from the propaganda they've been poisoned with that blames everything on liberals.

No, I don't think Jesus Christ was involved, DB.

Good guess though, and thanks for playing.

Fail......

To the Executuve Branch,

When the corporate CEO's, bankers, the House and Senate politicians and the rest of the fat cats in this sell out and sold out economized country take their pay cuts, then and only then do they have even a remote right to expect the rest of working class Americans to take a mandated pay cut. This is crap and it is going to start a labor battle in this country that hasn't been seen for decades.

Wall Street and Washington wants to play games with everyone's livelihood. When your future's market cattle, hogs and sheep can't get to the packing houses, your Detroit cars can't get hauled to the dealers and your construction machinery and equipment can't get hauled and your sub-standard retail store chains wares are setting in Jersey and L.A. getting snagged by the dock boys, don't come bitching to Labor for a bailout.

I don't know how many of you guys on this forum are writers and/or reporters but you need to start putting this out there so people know what's coming. I've got a friend who took on over 500 over the road trucks to serve a cartage contract for a bunch of sellout greed mongers. The oil futures Wall Street leeches nailed him on fuel, the wall street banker he had for years mysteriously cancelled his multi-million dollar lines of credit, etc. etc. etc, I could go on and on. How far do these ignorant, sold out bought on credit legislators and good ole boy business cronies expect the American people to go?

Somebody in D.C. better wake up because from what I'm hearing out here in rural America time is running out. This new president has no idea what he is getting into. It's not that people out here won't tighten up a belt and roll up sleeves and get on with it but people, they aren't willing to carry (literally) this country much farther while a bunch of futures traders and bankers are out selling it off. And another thing while I'm on a roll here, don't expect the military to hang tight forever either. And the first one of you arm chair Charlie's that tell me to get a life can go straight to Hell! Myself and others out here and our kids and grandkids have a life. We are getting damn tired of a bunch of D.C. dumbasses selling us out for nothing. You have already soldout our yesterdays now you want to sellout our tomorrows too! Get off of labor's ass and get on the fat cat CEO's ass.

Rod

I doubt middle America will do anything like a strike or riots to protest the bailouts of bit fat cat CEO's while they lose their jobs. They'll sit at home and feel sorry for themselves, but when American Idol comes back on in January, they'll be glued to their TVs and suddenly the discussions over lost jobs and pensions will be over run with how nasty Simon is, how pretty and perfect Paula is, who the new judge is, how great or terrible the talent was, etc.

Our leaders keep us distracted while they ransack the country.

I doubt middle America will do anything like a strike or riots to protest the bailouts of bit fat cat CEO's while they lose their jobs. They'll sit at home and feel sorry for themselves, but when American Idol comes back on in January, they'll be glued to their TVs and suddenly the discussions over lost jobs and pensions will be over run with how nasty Simon is, how pretty and perfect Paula is, who the new judge is, how great or terrible the talent was, etc.

Our leaders keep us distracted while they ransack the country.
Middle America is the trucking hub of this nation. It contains the Missouri River and the Mississppi River. Middle America also contains the Great Lakes another shipping hub along with all the railroads that serve these same areas. Any goods moved in this country come through middle America on the ground or in the air. Do you think that organized labor whether it be the Teamsters or the UAW or the airlines is going to take this sitting down? The line has been drawn in the sand so to speak. Hopefully what you say about this passing over will happen. But, I would not hold my breath. These events are the one thing that may solidify organized unions. If they take on one union to break them they may have to take them all on.

Rod

New Topics

Forum List

Back