Big Gambling Abusing Kids

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
along with everyone else. Gambling is addictive and makes about 6% of us mentally ill. Gambling wastes our government revenue. Incredibly, the ACLU and LGBTQ activists have fought reform measures.
Now sit down. Listen here.

No.

You got something to say, say it. I ain't got time to listen to some whack-job yammering on a podcast.
Okay then, you get to sit and listen while drinking the GOP's Kool-Aid. Oh, and read this (pdf link). Excerpt:
Flying under the radar of policymakers, Big Gambling is now targeting kids and vulnerable demographic groups with algorithms promoting gambling addiction.

According to a report from the the International Centre for Youth Gambling Problems and High-Risk Behaviors, between 60 percent to 80 percent of high schoolers say they’ve gambled for money in the past year, and up to 6 percent are addicted to gambling.

Gambling addiction is comparable to cocaine addiction according to the American Psychiatric Association, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and the U.S. and international medical communities.

Last edited:
along with everyone else. Gambling is addictive and makes about 6% of us mentally ill. Gambling wastes our government revenue. Incredibly, the ACLU and LGBTQ activists have fought reform measures.
Now sit down. Listen here.
Yes.

This has been an ever-growing problem for about 25 years, and is only getting worse.

Just one more example of how destructive/weaponized the internet has proven to be.

Were it up to me there would not be as much as state sponsored scratch-offs.....I detest state sponsored/allowed gambling.

At least we got shed of the one-armed bandits in Virginia.
It killed the numbers racket, so there's that...

I'm no bloody tRumpling.
Correct. Also, you weren't invited "to listen to some whack-job yammering on a podcast." After making it easy as pie, I (kiddingly) ordered you to listen to some brilliant people discuss a growing societal problem ignored by the corporate media. Perhaps the pdf link was more to your liking? I like listening while doing other things. Usually reading.

Were it up to me there would not be as much as state sponsored scratch-offs.....I detest state sponsored/allowed gambling.

At least we got shed of the one-armed bandits in Virginia.

While the State lotteries take a bigger vig than the mobsters used to take, It gives me my $32 per week fix, even though I do realize it's just a tax on people bad at math.

That and my 2-3 trips to Atlantic city with my $250 per night stayed gambling purse keeps me happy.

Some of us can handle gambling, other's cannot, no reason to restrict or ban it for those of us who enjoy it from time to time.

It won't ever stop now.

Gambling is big money and as long as a chunk of that money gets kicked back up it won't go anywhere. Long as there is money being paid to politicians campaigns it won't go anywhere.

The past 2 years we have seen case after case after case of people willing to shit on American morals, values and standards for some money.

While the State lotteries take a bigger vig than the mobsters used to take, It gives me my $32 per week fix, even though I do realize it's just a tax on people bad at math.

That and my 2-3 trips to Atlantic city with my $250 per night stayed gambling purse keeps me happy.

Some of us can handle gambling, other's cannot, no reason to restrict or ban it for those of us who enjoy it from time to time.
I get it but it's just a odd quirk of mine.

It won't ever stop now.

Gambling is big money and as long as a chunk of that money gets kicked back up it won't go anywhere. Long as there is money being paid to politicians campaigns it won't go anywhere.

The past 2 years we have seen case after case after case of people willing to shit on American morals, values and standards for some money.
That gambling shall continue is a given. Also that money needs to be separated from politics. Question should be how best to regulate gambling given own current state of affairs, with corporations now targeting our kids and getting many addicted just for profit.

I've personally witnessed sick people blow five to ten thousand dollars within minutes at truck stops. Their families must be so proud. It needs to at least be stopped where there's negative return for the public at large.

Forum List

Back