Biden's America: Burger King to close up to 400 Restaurants

Even better, the feds stay out of it and let the states keep and disperse welfare money as it works best for them
Why would we need to give states with low minimum wage any welfare money? They clearly don’t need it and if you give it to them, they’ll just blow it on useless crap like sports arenas.

Giving money to these poor states only makes them dependent.

Some jamoke in here posted that spending cuts aren't allowed in the budget!!!!!! hahaahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Why would we need to give states with low minimum wage any welfare money? They clearly don’t need it and if you give it to them, they’ll just blow it on useless crap like sports arenas.

since when does giving money to someone make them dependent? Are you saying that all welfare recipients are dependent?

It’s a good point. Likewise the government should also set state by state levels for which people qualify for federal funds to deal with poverty.

Low wages are subsidized by federal government benefits and so if a state decides to keep low wages, they shouldn’t get the added subsidy from the rest of us taxpayers.

Still, your initial comment is confusing since you are now saying that minimum wage has nothing to do with the story yet you took this opportunity to attack Democrats for it.

I may be wrong but it isn't the state that sets minimum requirements to get any welfare. It's the feds that do. The feds only give the state the funds for them to distribute. So why should the states be held financially responsible to pay what the federal government requires them to pay?

This is policy of Newt Gingrich called Block Granting. Newt felt it unnecessary for paper work pushers going back and forth between the states and the federal government to distribute welfare funds. He developed Block Grants so that all the money is sent to the state in one check instead of the feds distributing it to individuals.

Don't go there much because the closest one is in a funky location that makes it a time suck. However, I don't know if Pizza Hut's are franchises or not, but the ones in my city are falling apart so I expect to see them go next. I am actually surprised the city lets one of them stay open as sorry a condition as its roof looks to be in.

Pizza Huts are franchises. They used to have the best pizza in town years ago, but of course you had to pay for it. They lost business to those crappy buy one get one free chains. Nobody got anything for free. It's just they were selling you two crappy pizzas.

It's a shame but we Americans want everything cheap even if it means sacrificing quality. I think BK just took it two steps too far.

You were never appointed the arbiter of how other people should spend their money, so it's a moot point.

So...you not bothering to actually LOOK at what you get when you purchase a product is President Biden's fault? :heehee:
"Looking at" what I bought is a million miles from the subject of HOW MUCH IT COST! Repeat after me: "we are speaking of inflation" ... no marketing.

Pizza Huts are franchises. They used to have the best pizza in town years ago, but of course you had to pay for it. They lost business to those crappy buy one get one free chains. Nobody got anything for free. It's just they were selling you two crappy pizzas.

It's a shame but we Americans want everything cheap even if it means sacrificing quality. I think BK just took it two steps too far.

Their mushroom cheeseburgers were good but they only ran them seasonally and then they started being waaaaaaaay too salty. This is generally my problem with a lot of the drive thru window places. Their menus change too often for anything decent and their same old same old crap either gets shrunk to tiny things or become a premium item with premium prices. I don't like having to waste time sorting out menus of the moment when I am trying to zoom in and out of them and don't want to pay $8 for a blah burger just because they decided to change the bun or add a tomato

Did you read the link in the OP?

it clearly states that the stores are closing because of increased competition. This is from the link.

as fast food giant fails to keep up with fast-casual competition​

Higher taxes, a workforce unwilling to actually work, wages forced to be higher than deserved, translates into these problems…We told you that forcing higher wages would hurt these places, now your seeing the cracks.

Prices are too high for this sector of food…And yes Biden’s economy is at least partially to blame.

Higher taxes, a workforce unwilling to actually work, wages forced to be higher than deserved, translates into these problems…We told you that forcing higher wages would hurt these places, now your seeing the cracks.

Prices are too high for this sector of food…And yes Biden’s economy is at least partially to blame.

I never pushed for raising the federal MW what a state does is none of my business if I don't live in that state.

And these BKs are failing in large part due to competition if there is more competition then the economy is not worse than it was when there was less competition.

Forum List

Back