BIDEN:"your rates go down"; actuaries:122% INCREASE!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"after it's all over when your insurance rates go down, then you'll vote for me in 2016."
As Biden Attacks Romney, White House Says It's "Not A Time For Politics"

BUT what do the people that ACTUALLY GET paid for figuring out what health insurance premiums must be to:
A) pay 85% of premiums out in claims..
B) Pay salaries/administration..
C) MAKE A PROFIT REQUIRED by states' insurance regulators or go out of business!!!

WHAT do actuaries predict????

Actuaries predict 122% Insurance premium increases over 4 years!!!
A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 — with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017.
President Obama’s claim that insurance premiums ‘will go down’ - The Washington Post

Romneycare proves none of this RW BULLSHYTTE actually happens...

THAT is TRUE BECAUSE IT IS A STATE run program!
That's why they call states "laboratories" to test good/bad programs.

And it probably works FINE for MA! BUT attempting to monolithically manage 310 million diverse population is NOT possible!

Everyone uses England/German as models... BUT NO one seems to recognize that the USA is NOT a single ethnic group!
United Kingdom white (of which English 83.6%, Scottish 8.6%, Welsh 4.9%, Northern Irish 2.9%) 92.1%, black 2%, Indian 1.8%, Pakistani 1.3%, mixed 1.2%, other 1.6% (2001 census)
Germany:German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)

But the major problem is Obamacare was passed on FALSE premise! There are NOT 50 million but 8 million uninsured when subtracting
10 million that are not citizens, 14 million ALREADY covered, and 18 million that don't want are under 34 and don't need!

That leaves 8 million and IF Obama et.al. CAN'T even comprehend that simple math exercise... how in the hell.. can Obamacare work??

RW Horseshytte...never ends.

Is that the ONLY comments you can make?
Are you that big of a dumb f..k to think those comments MAKE any .f..king difference??

Either use facts or shut. the . F..K up!
ONLY idiots like you are showing what dumb sh.tss you are!

You can't even subtract 42 million from 50 million because it requires more fingers and toes ..
wait... maybe not... you do sound like an in-breeding entity!!!

As if ethnic groups make any difference.

Sorry you'll have to pay for your toothpaste instead of the Booosh Medicare Advantage giveaway, but the good of the country is more important, sport.

Last edited:
ETHNIC groups have a difference in some live longer others shorter.
Some ethnic groups more prone to illnesses while others aren't.
Most diseases are an interaction between your environment, your behavior and what you inherit," says Dr. Linda Hill, director of preventive medicine residency at the University of California San Diego Medical Center.
Different Ethnic Groups Face Particular Health Risks - Be Healthy - Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com

So IDIOT if a country like Germany with 92% German.. their health care/cost and problems are more readily managed i.e. national health more feasible!

The really interesting aspect about Obama supporters is their total incapability to have any logical retorts to arguments.
These Obama supporters don't even know how stupid they appear when they make personal ad hominem attacks.

But the facts ARE as the actuaries that KNOW what they are talking about because THEY GET PAID to calculate premiums!
And when these EXPERTS ---
Actuaries predict 122% Insurance premium increases over 4 years!!!
A nationwide study conducted by Milliman Inc. for the Society of Actuaries found that nationwide the premiums in the individual market would increase from 8 to 37 percent in 2014 — with a cumulative increase of as much as 122 percent between 2013 and 2017.
President Obama’s claim that insurance premiums ‘will go down’ - The Washington Post

THEY KNOW what they are talking about! Remember they do this for a living... idiots who don't agree have NOTHING to repudiate!
These are the FACTS... health premiums will GO up one reason was the "pre-existing conditions"!

AND if any of you Obama supporters had ANY business sense you'd understand why!
I'm not though going to try to educate you ... just suffice the ACTUARIES are telling us... Obamacare will increase premiums by 122%!

NOW with the ACTUARIES predicting premiums increasing 122%... FOLKS that means businesses won't continue employee health benefits!
It will be cheaper to pay the penalty!

SO IF Obama was so flat ass stupid to make this promise:

"If you like your health-care plan, you keep your health-care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health-care plan. If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor. I don't want government bureaucrats meddling in your health care."

"The result ObamaCare which today McKinsey & Company commissioned a survey of 1,329 U.S. private sector employers to measure their attitudes about healthcare reform concluded that 30% of all companies would stop providing health coverage once Obamacare kicked in in 2014.
Not Found | McKinsey & Company

NOW with the ACTUARIES predicting premiums increasing 122%... FOLKS that means businesses won't continue employee health benefits!

Are you a fucking idiot? The individual market has nothing to do with businesses. There's a reason the ACA subsidizes 2/3 of buyers in the individual market. Virtually no one, other than the currently uninsured and 5% of the poor saps who currently have insurance, are in it. Now they get better--real--coverage and they get help paying for it.

Most people with private coverage have group--not individual--coverage through their jobs (that's where businesses come in, genius) and are thus minimally affected by the ACA.

Last edited:
ARE YOU a f...king idiot???
ACA covers ALL private/business!
Why in the hell then did Obama say his words NOT MINE!!!
"If you like your health-care plan, you keep your health-care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health-care plan. If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor. I don't want government bureaucrats meddling in your health care."

"The result ObamaCare which today McKinsey & Company commissioned a survey of 1,329 U.S. private sector employers to measure their attitudes about healthcare reform concluded that 30% of all companies would stop providing health coverage once Obamacare kicked in in 2014.

Oh and by the way
195.9 million -- The number of Americans with private health insurance in 2010, 64% of the total population.

Are you a fucking idiot? The individual market has nothing to do with businesses. There's a reason the ACA subsidizes 2/3 of buyers in the individual market. Virtually no one, other than the currently uninsured and 5% of the poor saps who currently have insurance, are in it. Now they get better--real--coverage and they get help paying for it.

Most people with private coverage have group--not individual--coverage through their jobs (that's where businesses come in, genius) and are thus minimally affected by the ACA.

Also you idiot... WHY then would these business people say they are going to drop their employee plans IF THEY ARE MINIMALLY AFFECTED BY ACA???
TELL me idiot... why would 30% is that minimally Drop their plans??

OH and by the way I want you to prove your f...king statements! Substantiate with LINKS IDIOT and not your seat of the pants hysteria!

OH you dumb.f...k... ARE YOU AN ACTUARY?? I am sure you aren't and I bet you don't have any IDEA what they do!
CLUE...
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for actuaries was $98,620 per year, as of May 2010 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Average Salary of an Actuary?
They probably make at least double what you make!!!

195.9 million -- The number of Americans with private health insurance in 2010, 64% of the total population.

Dipshit, you purposefully (and correctly, amazingly) used the words "individual market" multiple times in this thread, because that's what it's about, so I'm going to assume you're at least passingly familiar with what that is. It's not the market that businesses participate in, it's the one individuals participate in. Shocking, I know, with a name like "the individual market." Currently, 5 percent of the population participates in it. That's because most people with private coverage get it through work. They already have real coverage and real consumer protections so the ACA's provisions are only going to effect them incidentally (i.e. in letting their kids stay on their plans for a few extra years).

Also you idiot... WHY then would these business people say they are going to drop their employee plans IF THEY ARE MINIMALLY AFFECTED BY ACA???

They're not going to drop their plans. Check back in a year--apparently you'll be astounded by what you find.

Dipshit, you purposefully (and correctly, amazingly) used the words "individual market" multiple times in this thread, because that's what it's about, so I'm going to assume you're at least passingly familiar with what that is. It's not the market that businesses participate in, it's the one individuals participate in. Shocking, I know, with a name like "the individual market." Currently, 5 percent of the population participates in it. That's because most people with private coverage get it through work. They already have real coverage and real consumer protections so the ACA's provisions are only going to effect them incidentally (i.e. in letting their kids stay on their plans for a few extra years).

They're not going to drop their plans. Check back in a year--apparently you'll be astounded by what you find.

IDIOT... I did NOT EVER USE the phrase "individual market"...

I quoted the experts..i.e. people that make twice what you do..

NOW I'm going to use it for the first time!!!
INDIVIDUAL and PRIVATE MARKET are the same thing idiot!
AND NOW FACTS AGAIN NOT MY assumptions like yOU do... FACTS!!
310 million Americans OK? THAT A FACT you can agree on?
What the health care ruling means to you
169.3 million -- The number of Americans who get their insurance through the workplace. 54%!! OK??
95 million -- Number of people in the United States covered by government health insurance, 31% of the population.

SO the largest group affected: Private health insurance costs will go up 122% Per the people that make 2 times your income! Experts NOT guesses!

SO what makes you an evidently A NON-EXPERT in Actuarial science , so f...kking confident that.."They're not going to drop their plans."??
What the f...k do you know????

What a stupid response!
I never used the term "individual market" the experts did!
Individual/Private market is the biggest of the insurance 62% vs 54% employer vs. 31% govt..
Where are your facts?
30% of employers say they are dropping their employee health plans!

So again... the actuary experts predict 122% increase and YOU an expert in nothing except showing both ends of you are full of crap!

Forum List

Back