Biden says we may be facing Armageddon.

That is undoubtedly insane if he's saying it in serious terms. Could he possibly be so out of touch with reality?

Or is it manufactured by America for him as confidence building propaganda?

Well done to find it and post it here!
Apparently his officials are walking back the preemptive statement claiming it was about more sanctions after the media lit up about it.

Everyone needs to cool down the rhetoric. Neither country is worth screwing everything else over for.

According to the latest polls, two thirds of Republicans support continuing to support Ukraine in its fight agains the Russian invaders.
Yes, Biden is holding it together on the other party's support for the war. It's expected, due to all past experience.

But there's the additional factor of fear of Biden/the military not stopping short of causing the unthinkable!
Nothing can save Russia now.
I wonder why you say that? You must be totally confident that Russia will back off and go home?

Fwiw, if Russia lost the Crimea, they are a defeated nation.

Or perhaps more to the point, a hugely powerful defeated nuclear armed nation.

Good point! We're being driven to fear by the US propagandists who expect us to believe that it's a cakewalk for America over Russia.

Yes, but the propaganda is strengthening the bravado. It's almost exclusively bravado!

I think you make a valid point on the Ukraine winning little battles. But the propaganda is so consistent and heavy that it will have the people believing it's a cakewalk for America. That's a very dangerous illusion being created!
I gave you a link earlier which illustrated that what made people scared was the US responding to Russia saying it is going to use nukes with 'we're not scared'. I think everyone is aware of just what nuclear weapons do.

Joe Biden is not in charge. He's an old man with dementia publicly displaying his mental decline.
That could be the first valid point you've ever made on this board.

Even though it's just parroting the obvious. An American president is a figurehead on critical matters.

It's gotta be a good day when you can contribute, while the pissant makes insect noise.

Joe Biden is not in charge. He's an old man with dementia publicly displaying his mental decline.

If you don't take threats of people using nuclear weapons when you can see they have nothing else, that is a big danger. Sure they could just be threatening, they still need to be brought into conversation. If not next time they may be serious and you will not know. Putin has been saying for some time he wants talks.

I gave you a link earlier which illustrated that what made people scared was the US responding to Russia saying it is going to use nukes with 'we're not scared'. I think everyone is aware of just what nuclear weapons do.
I've mentioned in the past and here again for a point of interest:

I took part on a military forum for a short period of time but was booted for a reason that I found enlightening. I mentioned the MAD factor and that raised a storm of protest from mostly senior officers that was viewed as intolerable.
The point is, I learned in not uncertain terms that the military mindset considers a nuclear war winnable.
Just FYI!
Very fkn scary to say the least![\b]

Apparently his officials are walking back the preemptive statement claiming it was about more sanctions after the media lit up about it.

Everyone needs to cool down the rhetoric. Neither country is worth screwing everything else over for.
Yes, they can and will walk it back, but the fact remains that he said it!

So the question on 'why' he said it still stands.

Anyway, well done for posting it!

Yes, Biden is holding it together on the other party's support for the war. It's expected, due to all past experience.

But there's the additional factor of fear of Biden/the military not stopping short of causing the unthinkable!

I wonder why you say that? You must be totally confident that Russia will back off and go home?

Fwiw, if Russia lost the Crimea, they are a defeated nation.

Or perhaps more to the point, a hugely powerful defeated nuclear armed nation.
Russia is a defeated nation right now. If Putin launches a nuclear strike against NATO, it will lose not only Crimea but most of Russia. I mentioned the fact that 2/3 of Republicans support continued aid to Ukraine because you expressed your hope the midterm elections might create opposition to the US's current policies towards Ukraine, but clearly it will not.

I've mentioned in the past and here again for a point of interest:

I took part on a military forum for a short period of time but was booted for a reason that I found enlightening. I mentioned the MAD factor and that raised a storm of protest from mostly senior officers that was viewed as intolerable.
The point is, I learned in not uncertain terms that the military mindset considers a nuclear war winnable.
Just FYI!
Very fkn scary to say the least![\b]
How can you win?

If you don't take threats of people using nuclear weapons when you can see they have nothing else, that is a big danger. Sure they could just be threatening, they still need to be brought into conversation. If not next time they may be serious and you will not know. Putin has been saying for some time he wants talks.
Great news! Since the first step toward peace talks is for Russia to withdraw from all of Ukraine, so when do you think the Russian withdrawal will begin?

Who do we believe? Biden said we're at the brink of Armageddon, then the very next day "The White House" (who is that?) says no, there's no indication that's the case.

Who do we believe? Biden said we're at the brink of Armageddon, then the very next day "The White House" (who is that?) says no, there's no indication that's the case.
Oh, I did not know that. Looks like Biden chose to say what he believes. I agree with him. We are at least as likely as we were in 62 to have a nuclear war.

I am sorry I do not believe you can win a nuclear war. Please explain to me how this is possible.
Of course I believe the same. Don't miss the point that I was telling you of the military mindset that demands that they have to believe that a nuclear war is winnable.

Probably all of Russia, and America will lose all of America.

You were making sense until you had to go off!
There not going to be a nuclear exchange between NATO and Russia because no one can win. The only real question is, is Putin stupid enough to use nukes against civilian targets in Ukraine in the desperate hope that will frighten the Ukrainians to surrender?

Of course I believe the same. Don't miss the point that I was telling you of the military mindset that demands that they have to believe that a nuclear war is winnable.
I still don't understand how they can even think like that but I have noticed one or two posters here who seem to think it is possible and that they are just bigger bombs.

I still don't understand how they can even think like that but I have noticed one or two posters here who seem to think it is possible and that they are just bigger bombs.
Yes, if you follow closely I think you will find that those on this board that think that MAD isn't inevitable, will be the more military minded.

Just understand that having a defeatist attitude can't be tolerated in the military. That explains why they don't believe in MAD.

Yes, if you follow closely I think you will find that those on this board that think that MAD isn't inevitable, will be the more military minded. Just understand that having a defeatist attitude can't be tolerated in the military. That explains why they don't believe in MAD .
Alexa not Donald below
Which is certainly a reason two nuclear powers should not go to war. With the so called 'tactical' nuclear weapons which do make a large area uninhabitable and have the ability to kill far too many people but do not result in a nuclear winter, Russia could try. Not sure how the US would respond. I think you asked earlier what move Russia could make before it went to nukes and of course there is massive air attack someone suggested in an article. On that Russia is way advanced of Ukraine. Why has Russia not done this? I am wondering if they do not want to. If they genuinely feel sufficient comradeship with Ukraine that they do not want to do this.

ME Sorry not sure what happened here. Hoping you can make it out. My comput6er has been acting by itself!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back