Biden invokes War Powers Act resolution for Sudan

So let's just keep repeating the same mistakes we made in Iraq?

I have made the argument many times on this forum it needs to be revoked, but neither party will do so.

What kind of an "independent" would even try to justify Biden's actions like that?

I have no issue at all with the president evacuating US Embassy personnel. That should always be a given no matter which party you belong to.

I have made the argument many times on this forum it needs to be revoked, but neither party will do so.

I have no issue at all with the president evacuating US Embassy personnel. That should always be a given no matter which party you belong to.

As President, Biden has the ability to implement soldiers for a withdrawal for no more than 30 days, but he specifically asks congress for the war powers indefinitely. He is requesting indefinite authorization for stationing of military personnel in Djibouti for Sudan response, which is another thing altogether.

As President, Biden has the ability to implement soldiers for a withdrawal for no more than 30 days, but he specifically asks congress for the war powers indefinitely. He is requesting indefinite authorization for stationing of military personnel in Djibouti for Sudan response, which is another thing altogether.

He doesn't need to ask. He already has the approval as noted in this thread already.

Probably, the legislation never happened.

The bill was bi-partisan but since the Democrats controlled both the House and Senate at that time, it never made it out of Congress.

When did it become ok for a President to act on his own without asking Congress,
Always. It was 1973 when Congress tried to limit the Executive's power. Even then he doesn't have to ask, just inform them within the set timeframe.

"The resolution also sets down reporting requirements for the chief executive, including the responsibility to notify Congress within 48 hours whenever military forces are introduced “into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances.”

Additionally, the law stipulates that Presidents are required to end foreign military actions after 60 days unless Congress provides a declaration of war or an authorization for the operation to continue."

Yet three more proxy wars this President has involved us in: Another one against Russia because Sudan is giving them land for a naval base, one against China as Djibouti has both an American and a Chinese military base, and one because we also need Djubouti for operations in Sudan.

When did it become ok for a President to act on his own without asking Congress, unless an attack on American soil is Imminent and there's no time for ratifying war declarations?

April 23, 2023

Letter to the Speaker of the House and President pro tempore of the Senate consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148)​

Dear Mr. Speaker: Dear Madam President​

At my direction, United States Armed Forces personnel have conducted an operation to evacuate United States personnel and others from Khartoum, Sudan, in response to the deteriorating security situation in Sudan. To conduct and support this operation, United States Armed Forces personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Sudan. United States Armed Forces personnel will remain deployed in Djibouti to protect United States personnel and others until the security situation no longer requires their presence, and additional forces are prepared to deploy to the region if required.​

I directed this action consistent with my responsibility to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad and in furtherance of United States national security and foreign policy interests, pursuant to my constitutional authority as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive and to conduct United States foreign relations.​

I am providing this report as part of my efforts to keep the Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148). I appreciate the support of the Congress in these actions.​

Sincerely,​

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.​

Letter to the Speaker of the House and President pro tempore of the Senate consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148) | The White House

Lol, congress can stop it with a vote but they won't. That would require them to take responsibility that has not happened in like 50 years.

Yet three more proxy wars this President has involved us in: Another one against Russia because Sudan is giving them land for a naval base, one against China as Djibouti has both an American and a Chinese military base, and one because we also need Djubouti for operations in Sudan.

When did it become ok for a President to act on his own without asking Congress, unless an attack on American soil is Imminent and there's no time for ratifying war declarations?

April 23, 2023

Letter to the Speaker of the House and President pro tempore of the Senate consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148)​

At my direction, United States Armed Forces personnel have conducted an operation to evacuate United States personnel and others from Khartoum, Sudan, in response to the deteriorating security situation in Sudan. To conduct and support this operation, United States Armed Forces personnel with appropriate combat equipment deployed to Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Sudan. United States Armed Forces personnel will remain deployed in Djibouti to protect United States personnel and others until the security situation no longer requires their presence, and additional forces are prepared to deploy to the region if required.​

I directed this action consistent with my responsibility to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad and in furtherance of United States national security and foreign policy interests, pursuant to my constitutional authority as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive and to conduct United States foreign relations.​

I am providing this report as part of my efforts to keep the Congress fully informed, consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148). I appreciate the support of the Congress in these actions.​

Sincerely,​

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.​

Letter to the Speaker of the House and President pro tempore of the Senate consistent with the War Powers Resolution (Public Law 93-148) | The White House

9f44635f-b550-4797-9687-c1a4c7088a27.jpg

Are you seriously suggesting we need to protect Americans in the Capital of Sudan that is the capital of Cartoons?

maxresdefault.jpg

April 23, 2023

Sincerely,​

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.​

Did dude just started a thread criticizing Joe Biden for evacuating people.
1682437736611.gif

No, I'm criticizing him for creating a condition that made it necessary to evacuate people, not unlike Obama did in Benghazi.
Like The Sudan has been a bastion of peace in Africa for decades huh?

Forum List

Back