Biden and Newsom may have put GM out of business!!!!

Due to their irresponsible behavior, GM had to be rescued in 2008 on Bush's watch. They are still one-third owned by the US government.

I can't wait to hear your twisted mind explain how that is Biden's fault.

Dipshit.
Reply to this effen clown.

In the past, the U.S. government was a majority shareholder in the company (after the 2008 bailouts). However, in 2010 GM broke free from the government's yoke and was reborn in its current incarnation. Today, the top three individual GM shareholders are Mary Barra, Mark Reuss and Dan Ammann.May 31, 2020

You MISSPELLED the word g'ment in your reply. it's spelled TAXPAYERS.
Actually, I have realized over the last few years that taxpayers have nothing to do with spending. The government spends what they spend, even if it is more than the tax revenues collected.

How many gas stations are there in the country? 168,000.

If you suck at math, that is more than a 1000 to 1 ratio. It will take 7000 years at that pace of adding 2 per month to get to 168,000 stations.

Propane and butane services are pretty widespread. Putting in a tank and setting up delivery services is no big deal in most states. No giant wiring and installation costs.

How many gas stations are there in the country? 168,000.

If you suck at math, that is more than a 1000 to 1 ratio. It will take 7000 years at that pace of adding 2 per month to get to 168,000 stations.

That, and adding the electric capacity to feed yet anotehr massive grid and demand on top of the strains we have already.

Actually, I have realized over the last few years that taxpayers have nothing to do with spending. The government spends what they spend, even if it is more than the tax revenues collected.

And most people already know companies charge whatever they can get away with regardless of how cheap they build something. There were no differences in cost of anything whether built by illegal aliens, imported from slave labor countries, or union labor; if there was high demand, they charged high prices. Sniveling about labor costs which already lag far behind inflation is just stupid, period, and just class warfare, which is why Republicans aren't any more popular than Democrat sociopaths are.

I found this dated a few years ago.
In the past, the U.S. government was a majority shareholder in the company (after the 2008 bailouts). However, in 2010 GM broke free from the government's yoke and was reborn in its current incarnation. Today, the top three individual GM shareholders are Mary Barra, Mark Reuss and Dan Ammann.May 31, 2020
The government retained a substantial number of shares in GM until this week however. It did become a minority shareholder in 2010 which theoretically put the taxpayers at even higher risk.

The U.S. government bailed GM out in 2010 and has owned significant shares in GM since that time--the idea of the federal government owning part of an American corporation is so antithesis to constitutional intent it surely had the Founders rolling over in their graves. Apparently that ended this week when the Federal government sold the last of its share in that company constituting a $10 billion net loss for the American taxpayers.

GM is unlikely to go out of business though most especially since they're scaling back their EV initiatives.
GM dumped US taxpayer $$ into a Chinese subsidiary, SAIC, that is also losing money. Anyone who bails out GM now is nothing but a Chinese shill.

GM dumped US taxpayer $$ into a Chinese subsidiary, SAIC, that is also losing money. Anyone who bails out GM now is nothing but a Chinese shill.
However it happened, the taxpayer lost billions in the deal overall. And that should never be allowed to happen ever again.

I think we can all agree Democrats are blithering idiots who push half baked destined to fail policies down people's throats then blame everyone else when it crumbles into a pile of failure.

The government retained a substantial number of shares in GM until this week however. It did become a minority shareholder in 2010 which theoretically put the taxpayers at even higher risk.
Honestly, for me this really is not all that consuming. I did a bit of research and posted my finding. If the Feds still own stock, I simply do not care at all. I am not saying this to be rude.

However it happened, the taxpayer lost billions in the deal overall. And that should never be allowed to happen ever again.
I found an article in the past week saying that China is the owner of GM.

Honestly, for me this really is not all that consuming. I did a bit of research and posted my finding. If the Feds still own stock, I simply do not care at all. I am not saying this to be rude.
The point made is that this week GM bought back the last of the stock held by the federal government at a $10 billion loss to the federal government and therefore the taxpayer. I do care about that. It simply illustrates the incompetence of government when they try to throw money at problems instead of allowing the free market to work as it can.

The point made is that this week GM bought back the last of the stock held by the federal government at a $10 billion loss to the federal government and therefore the taxpayer. I do care about that. It simply illustrates the incompetence of government when they try to throw money at problems instead of allowing the free market to work as it can.
Well on that score you and I are in agreement.

I found an article in the past week saying that China is the owner of GM.
Technically GM is still technically an American company but sells more cars and trucks in China than it does in the USA. And I do believe that as of maybe 2011? (not sure of the year) China held the controlling interest in GM.

Due to their irresponsible behavior, GM had to be rescued in 2008 on Bush's watch. They are still one-third owned by the US government.

I can't wait to hear your twisted mind explain how that is Biden's fault.

Dipshit.
There is nothing like a cult member displaying the love for Biden.

Forum List

Back