Biden administration plans to end Covid public health emergency on May 11

Insane profits aren't new but my question is why they were allowed to make record profits off a public health emergency?

It goes with the territory. I asked my cousin who is a doctor that did research. She's pretty high on the list. She was the supervisor of the lab she worked at and even worked with Dr. Fauci.

She sent me some data breaking down the costs of medication. Because of all the red tape in the US, some companies go many years investing tens of millions for testing and government mandates before being allowed to apply for public use. That's why medication is often cheaper in places like Canada. After all that time and money, the FDA often rejects the application and all that money is lost for the company. When a medication is approved, they need to recoup all their losses AND make a profit. If they have no new medications on the horizon, they up the price on their existing medications.

I guess they finally realized that COVID isn't scary enough anymore to use it as a means to force people into obedience. So now they have to pull back on it some.

Either that or Pfizer got what they ultimately wanted, and that's to be on the child vaccine schedule which puts a shit load of money in their pockets and adds a lot of insulation against lawsuits. Once they secure their future they would back off having politicians push their product so hard.

I guess they finally realized that COVID isn't scary enough anymore to use it as a means to force people into obedience. So now they have to pull back on it some.

Either that or Pfizer got what they ultimately wanted, and that's to be on the child vaccine schedule which puts a shit load of money in their pockets and adds a lot of insulation against lawsuits. Once they secure their future they would back off having politicians push their product so hard.

I think it's politics and a ploy to try and get the courts to allow him to get rid of Title 42. The Democrats want to destroy this country so bad it's killing them, as if 5 million more illegals isn't enough. The Border Patrol stated getting rid of Title 42 would double the problem we already have, and that's what the commies want.

I think it's politics and a ploy to try and get the courts to allow him to get rid of Title 42. The Democrats want to destroy this country so bad it's killing them, as if 5 million more illegals isn't enough. The Border Patrol stated getting rid of Title 42 would double the problem we already have, and that's what the commies want.

That's what business wants. More cheap labor and more consumers.

Finally. From CNBC:

The Biden administration plans to end the Covid public health emergency this spring, as the U.S. shifts away from responding to the pandemic as a national crisis and instead manages the virus more like a seasonal respiratory disease.

The White House, in a statement on Monday, said it would terminate on May 11 the public health and national emergencies that the Trump administration first declared in 2020.

No more free vaccines, so a lot of the idiots who otherwise would get them, won't. Get ready to be bombarded by Pfizer treatment commercials.

The White House is also planning to transition the Covid vaccines to the private market in the near future, though the exact timing is unclear. This means the cost of the vaccines would be covered by patients’ insurance policies rather than the federal government.

Moderna and Pfizer have both said they may charge as much as $130 per dose of vaccine, quadruple what the federal government pays.

I wonder if we will still require proof of vaccination to enter this country legally. Will Novak Djokovic be able to play in the US Open? All this and more in the next episode of As the Goofy World of Biden Turns.
If the whole planet managed COVID as, " a seasonal respiratory disease", from the start, then the world's economy wouldn't have hit such drastic lows, at the cost of a tiny percentage increase in deaths. But the vast majority, suffered for the tiny minority.

No argument there but it still doesn't address my point.
well consider this a piece of the puzzle then>

What country has the highest drug costs?

27932.jpeg

the U.S.

After the U.S., Mexico, Chile and Switzerland had some of the most expensive prescription drug prices. In the case of all three countries, an inadequate supply of cheaper generic drugs is the reason for comparably high prices.Aug 9, 2022

~S~

And our presidents do what business wants.

Some do, but Trump didn't. He instituted several policies that greatly lowered border crossing. Dementia reversed all those polices and put a Welcome mat on our southern doorstep. Glad you admit that big business is in bed with the Democrat party.

Yes he did. Trump did broach the subject of mandatory e-verify. Republicans told him to shut up and it was one thing that caused him to actually shut up.

E-verify wouldn't do shit except institute more government into businesses. The technology we have today makes phony ID's as real as they can get. They steal names and SS numbers as well.

E-verify wouldn't do shit except institute more government into businesses. The technology we have today makes phony ID's as real as they can get. They steal names and SS numbers as well.

Presidents, government and Ray all make excuses for the business attracting people here.

So now you upset he ending the Covid emergency too?

Or is this just a way to complain about him ending the war in Afghanistan when your cult leader was too bitch to do it...
Hey, wait a minute. I thought the botched withdrawal was all his fault because tater used his plan. Don't you remember the narrative?

It goes with the territory. I asked my cousin who is a doctor that did research. She's pretty high on the list. She was the supervisor of the lab she worked at and even worked with Dr. Fauci.

She sent me some data breaking down the costs of medication. Because of all the red tape in the US, some companies go many years investing tens of millions for testing and government mandates before being allowed to apply for public use. That's why medication is often cheaper in places like Canada. After all that time and money, the FDA often rejects the application and all that money is lost for the company. When a medication is approved, they need to recoup all their losses AND make a profit. If they have no new medications on the horizon, they up the price on their existing medications.
Plus, their window to make a profit is limited because the patent runs out and everybody starts making it.

Forum List

Back