Zone1 Biblical writings have no authority

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
People try to follow the ancient wisdom, because it is time-tested. But the bible is not ancient, it is too young for that. In many ways, it distortedly duplicates ancient myths. The modern compilation of the Bible appeared only a couple of centuries ago. This is a remake, it is no more authoritative than TV news.

It is recommended to take the ancient Indo-Aryan Vedas as a basis, because they came from ancient times, from the Great(or Greatest) Nations, and have undeniable authority.

Recently in my life I have started noticing that civil law is oh so much different than the Bible. Divorce is the biggest example. Even though most religions discourage divorce it always seems to be part of civil law. So is divorced allowed or not? The answer is that it is allowed. Civil governments always seem to trump the Bible when it comes to enforcing morality. It is clear that the Bible has no physical authority and probably never will in the future. I am not sure about the past but it seems that even when the church had physical authority, the Bible still didn't. People like to live in la la land. That's why the Bible is so popular. It takes one to la la land to vacation from real authority. Real authority is about human power. The will use the Bible or ignore the Bible depending on the principles that make maintaining order a snap.

People like to live in la la land. That's why the Bible is so popular.
I'm 62. I've watched the world turn away from religion in massive ways over the span of my life. Christianity has been watered down and some of its most basic tenets have been replaced but we still see it as a threat. Not all religions, just Christianity. I'd imagine a lot of people feel threatened by Islam but they are too afraid to challenge it. Not so with Christianity.

My question is, why are the beliefs of others so important that they need to be managed or controlled? We hear a lot about freedom FROM religion as though there is a huge impact against individual freedoms, ongoing from Christianity. Care to cite some examples?

I'm 62. I've watched the world turn away from religion in massive ways over the span of my life. Christianity has been watered down and some of its most basic tenets have been replaced but we still see it as a threat. Not all religions, just Christianity. I'd imagine a lot of people feel threatened by Islam but they are too afraid to challenge it. Not so with Christianity.

My question is, why are the beliefs of others so important that they need to be managed or controlled? We hear a lot about freedom FROM religion as though there is a huge impact against individual freedoms, ongoing from Christianity. Care to cite some examples?

I don't think there is. It is just mean words that people call oppression. Never any teeth. The civil law has been/is more powerful than the Bible 7 days a week 365 days a year for the last 246 years 10 months and 17 days.

The Bible is powerful as to what it can do for a person individually but it has no authority over any one. It is just a book even if it is the most influential book of all time. It still can't force anybody to move one way or the other like a police force can.

• Banned

Christianity is indeed a threat. Modern Christianity is a direct legacy of the slave Reich 1, and in general, Abrahamism was only in the slave empires.

This morality reinforces the position of the Eurocentrists.

I can't quite figure out how a book, could ever have "physical authority"? That seems more than odd.

Within those quotations I would replace with "spiritual authority" ... philosophy if you will ... a Rastaman told me once that anytime you interpret the Bible in the flesh, you're wrong ...

Scholarly history and the Bible meet at the Kingdom of Judah and King David ... and the oldest known copies of the Bible date from about then ... 3,000 years ago ? ... some things are still true ...

Challenge Islam? Why?

We hear a lot about freedom FROM religion as though there is a huge impact against individual freedoms, ongoing from Christianity. Care to cite some examples?

who do you think you are kidding ...

images

christianity, the desert religions are the most repressive, punitive organizations by far than any other comparable groups refereed to as religious affiliations.

Yes, all of this is true, with the exception of Islam being an exception. If anyone tried to enforce fatwah or jihad in the US, the imams and their gunmen would die in their homes. They would not be allowed to get to the streets. The same would happen to the Klan now or anything like that.

Yes, all of this is true, with the exception of Islam being an exception. If anyone tried to enforce fatwah or jihad in the US, the imams and their gunmen would die in their homes. They would not be allowed to get to the streets. The same would happen to the Klan now or anything like that.

oh ...

1684570491191.png

they ran wild in the nations capital, christian fanatics and are today trying to bankrupt the nation through blackmail ...

the crucifiers have never been brought to justice - has always been the problem.

Forum List

Back