Bible Verses at work... Military

I would only do that if he pretended that he was underpaid...

Never said I was underpaid.

You on the other hand used "lucrative" to describe an E-3's pay, that I disagreed with.

or if he pretended he was better than a welfare recipient.

Having served a career in the military is better than being a welfare recipient.

I worked for a living which is different than collecting welfare. My wife and I are in a fairly well off position now and as a matter of fact my entire military retirement check (and her's) goes into our retirement savings. We live off our current jobs salary and save the rest for later.

>>>>

I would only do that if he pretended that he was underpaid...

Never said I was underpaid.

You on the other hand used "lucrative" to describe an E-3's pay, that I disagreed with.

or if he pretended he was better than a welfare recipient.

Having served a career in the military is better than being a welfare recipient.

I worked for a living which is different than collecting welfare. My wife and I are in a fairly well off position now and as a matter of fact my entire military retirement check (and her's) goes into our retirement savings. We live off our current jobs salary and save the rest for later.

>>>>

If you believe that then I would be inclined to state the obvious. You both get checks from the government is the first obvious statement I would make. The second obvious statement that I would make is that you are both human beings. Neither one is better than the other.

Otherwise I would never tell it to a soldier unless the soldier was delusional and unaware of these two facts.

Most military members are delusional and think that bumming off the government is wrong unless it is them. In that case it is ok. I always challenge that kind of nonsense.

Bumming off of the government is bumming off of the government. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I don't enjoy hearing a double standard on this subject.

Last edited:
Tell that to a civilian in Jacksonville North Carolina that makes $9 an hour while a 19 year old E-3 stationed at Camp Lejeune gets $1200 BAH on top of his lucrative salary.

When we're you in? If your dates are in the last 20 years then I call BS. The public isn't falling for these lies any more.

There are real poor people in the United States and none of them wear a military uniform.

Base pay for an E-3 @ 19 = $23,256 per year (not bad for a 19 year old but hardly "lucrative")

Camp Lejeune Housing Allowance for and E-3 = $987 not $1,200)

I retired after 20 years in the Navy in 1998 and currently have a daughter on active duty.

>>>>

The equivalent of $16.87 an hour. There are people in Jacksonville North Carolina that would literally kill a person in order to make $16.87 an hour.

That's a very lucrative income for that area. We didn't add his food and clothing allowance yet.
No, it's not $16.87/hr. Most military don't work 8 hour days and not always 5 day weeks. Most days are 10 hour days, longer if you're on a duty roster. You'll be on at least one duty roster that brings you in on a weekend. For units that go to the field, that's 24/day for 2-6 weeks.

Basically, since the marine is on-call 24/7, that works out to $2,69/hr, no overtime.

Lol There are still people that would jump at a job like that.
Then they should join.

I think so too. Although it isn't as easy to get into as it used to be. Government cut backs and a lagging economy has made the military more competitive. It isn't as easy as showing up at the recruiter's office any more.

Third silliest statement today is "Most military members are delusional and think that bumming off the government is wrong unless it is them. In that case it is ok. I always challenge that kind of nonsense."

Third silliest statement today is "Most military members are delusional and think that bumming off the government is wrong unless it is them. In that case it is ok. I always challenge that kind of nonsense."

It is very silly. I see it all the time. It makes me laugh hard.

Forum List

Back