Bible Linked to Reported Militia Plans to "War" Against US

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by mal, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    I just don't Remember the Qur'an being Linked by the AP after ACTUAL Terrorism by Islamists...

FBI Charges 9 in Midwest Raids - AOL News

Yet the AP Predictably links this Plan to use Terrorism to the Christian Bible:

On its Web site, Hutaree quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

^Jihadists use the Qur'an to Justify what they do, yet I am Pressed to Find the AP Linking Islam in any of those Attacks.

But they are Quick to Quote Former Muslims like President Obama who say things like, "these are the Acts of Individuals, and not a Reflection of Islam, a Peaceful and Tolerant Religion".

I can't seem to Find ANY of that in this Story...

Shocked!... SHOCKED!, I tells ya!

The indictment charges members of the group conspired "to levy war against the United States, (and) to oppose by force the authority of the government of the United States."

^Isn't that what the Jihadists are doing?... Was the "Fruit of the Boom" Bomber Cited by the AP as Attempting to "Levy War Against the US"?... Of course not, the AP Parroted it's Administrations Take on that "Incident"... Again, NOT a Reflection of Islam, the Peace Loving and Tolerant Religion.

Is this Inability to say the same about Islam and the Qur'an a Product of "Free Press" Fear of being Attack by Islamists?...

If it is, then that would Slightly Rational on their Part, although Patently Lacking in Courage...

But if it's something More...

:)

peace...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    how peaceful the world would be without organized religion

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Amazing, another example of twisted news slamming the Bible after all the terrorist acts committed in the name of..........let's see what's a nice Politically Correct line of 'BullKrap', The Quran, as I recall, has a long list of SURA's calling for the death's of the non-believers, Oh those nasty infidels.

For example to the best of my knowledge:
    Sura72:15 “The disbelievers are the firewood of hell.”

Sura 5:51: “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he among you that turns to them for friendship is of them.” This friendship makes any Muslim a enemy of their own and deserving of the same fate as the unbeliever. This is because God does not guide an unjust people.

Too many to list....What are we, as the so called infidels by these people, are we supposed to believe, that they all want PEACE? Someone enlighten me.

And this looks as if this thread may be heading for the 'Religion & Ethics' section.

4. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,482
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    I hear you BLU, it's results have been just another reason to divide people and make them war against each other, if we didn't have enough stupid reasons already. :eek:

6. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,482

Wow...I just love the accuracy of out-of-context cherry picked quotes. We can play the same game with the Bible of course but that's been done over and over.

btw - it's not the press "slamming" the Bible - it's this group taking certain portions of the Bible to justify their warped interpretation - portions that they have posted on their own website. Since they refused to talk to the press, that website is all you can go by.

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Out of context?
    Get a copy of the Quran, in fact get a couple, I have them and there are three interpretations,(tafsir's), all meaning the same thing.......NEXT? I am however, open to enlightenment of the virtues of the Quran. And YES, I know the Bible 'out of context' quotes and sayings, I think we all are are aware of them being used many times.

8. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Well. The Western brainwashing system keeps things closer and more personal
    Luke 14:26
    "If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children,and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE."

There's only a few though. Not like that 'evil" Koran thingie.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Please only post a portion of an article or something copied from another site and post a link to where you have gotten the material. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
  9. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    What makes you think it would be any more peaceful than it is now?

10. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Any one can quote scriptures out of context. How about somtehing from the New Testament?