Beware police now have a super strength camera which can spot drivers using mobile phones nearly 1 m

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Police have unveiled their new weapon – a camera that can produce clear images of people inside a car almost a mile away and dubbed ‘The Long Ranger’.

Beware: Police now have a super-strength camera which can spot drivers using mobile phones or speeding nearly a mile away
-----------------------------------------------------

YOu are the criminal, you are guilty until proven innocent psychological warfare used on the masses who aren't able to pick up on it become the victims of their own stupidity they ignore the warnings, ignore the information and it all goes in one ear and out the other.

Ok, so which conspiracy theory do you not believe?

So are you denying the camera exists? Or are you trying to move the goalposts to save face after being proven, once again, that you're wrong?

6223424-6393375-image-a-1_1542286614033.jpg

6226106-6393375-image-a-14_1542290947244.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any conspiracy theory you don't believe?
No he was just warning you to stop picking your nose while driving, unless you want it to be a new animated gif, then go ahead and keep digging.

Good. I know this maybe shocking to many people, but being behind the wheel of an automobile is about driving. It’s not an opportunity to respond to the idiots on here, Facebook, and Twitter. Put your phone down and drive.

I have a radical suggestion. Put your fucking phone down and pay attention to the road. Long range cameras don't bother me at all.

Police have unveiled their new weapon – a camera that can produce clear images of people inside a car almost a mile away and dubbed ‘The Long Ranger’.

Beware: Police now have a super-strength camera which can spot drivers using mobile phones or speeding nearly a mile away

YOu are the criminal, you are guilty until proven innocent psychological warfare used on the masses who aren't able to pick up on it become the victims of their own stupidity they ignore the warnings, ignore the information and it all goes in one ear and out the other.

Knowing more than a little bit about optics and imaging, in order to do what is being claimed would take no less than a telescope, and that is exactly what they show. In this case what most people would consider a very big super-telephoto. No real surprise there, I can see in great detail what people are doing a half mile away with 15X binoculars. Still, their camera will be hard pressed due to vibration, weather, heat waves, reflections off the windshields, etc., not to mention the fact that many phones fit into the hand to be almost invisible. As to speeding, they will have to have markers and computer processing to estimate speed by how long it takes to get from A to B and will be limited to non-parallax conditions where the traffic is at a right angle to the camera.

Basically, it isn't enough anymore to just catch people committing crimes as you see them, now they want to be watching you all the time under every condition because they just know you must be doing SOMETHING illegal! America! The Police State.

Don't need all that to spot a driver texting. Just look at the driver next to you.
Most don't bother to hide it.

Typically its the idiot bobbing their head up and down, weaving outside the lanes, and driving way too slow.

I feel safer with the drunks after bar closing.
At least you know they are actually trying to look at the road.

Not that I justify using your phone while driving but I find the resources police use to catch said cheaters amazing as the police have been turned into glorified revenue collectors...Just shows me where the priorities are and it is much easier and profitable to go after citizens that have financial means such as cars homes phones and jobs then it is to lock away real criminals who may or may not have a job a home a phone or the financial wherewithal for them to go after... If anything these criminals will tax the system not add to it...As to the using of phone penalties while driving I wonder how high these fines will go and I wonder how much police resources will be allotted to these infractions as it is becoming very lucrative and enticing to say the least given the amount of revenue that is being produced...

My driving isn't perfect, but I finally figured out how to stay under the police radar. Drive like other people matter.

It's illegal to use your cell phone in your hand while in control of a motor vehicle in most if not all states. In control of a vehicle means even if you're driving and you're stopped at a light. It's illegal to touch your phone. Yet, almost a day doesn't go by where I don't see someone with their phone up to their ear yakking away or, which is much worse, with their eyes glued to the phone and not looking outside the vehicle when they're driving down the road at 40 miles an hour.

If there is a way to spot someone doing this from a mile away, I'm all for it. I've never seen anything like this in my department, but if it ever appears, it would be a useful tool.

Police didn't write those laws, the people you elect to your state congress do. But, I don't have a problem enforcing it because, unlike many BS laws, this one actually has a point. Holding a phone in your hand, or texting while driving reduces your ability to control you vehicle. If you're driving 2,000 pounds of steel, aluminum, glass, plastic, and human bodies down the road at 40 MPH past my kid's school, you had better be so focused on driving that vehicle that you wouldn't notice if your nose fell off. Know what I is sayin'?

If you don't want the citation, or if you don't want to lose your license, put down the phone. Or, better yet, buy a Bluetooth, legal to use while driving in most states.

Not that I justify using your phone while driving but I find the resources police use to catch said cheaters amazing as the police have been turned into glorified revenue collectors...Just shows me where the priorities are and it is much easier and profitable to go after citizens that have financial means such as cars homes phones and jobs then it is to lock away real criminals who may or may not have a job a home a phone or the financial wherewithal for them to go after... If anything these criminals will tax the system not add to it...As to the using of phone penalties while driving I wonder how high these fines will go and I wonder how much police resources will be allotted to these infractions as it is becoming very lucrative and enticing to say the least given the amount of revenue that is being produced...

Yes, it is lucrative.

But they are also trying to stop idiots who are killing people. And the number of people dying because of distracted driving is being effected by it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back