Better start showing naked women on commercials

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
As it is, there's no reason to sit through commercials right now. Remote control's doomed tv advertizing long ago, and now it's as easy as it's gonna get turning the channel when commercials come on. And if you try the Comedy Central method of compressing commercials to get an extra 1 or 2 per show you need to prepare yourselves for becomming redundant. Online versions of shows, torrents, DVD alternatives to tv are fats making television programming a dinosaur. Look out, here comes the comet!

Okay, but not really. The advertising model is evolving. Ratings are being calculated differently and those still drive ads.

The redundancy is tiresome, but there is a lot of creativity in some commercials. They can be hilarious (the first few times).

But, what I've noticed in conversation is that my references to characters in commercials are completely lost on people who skip over them.

What I've also noticed, watching TV when other people control the remote, is that they usually suck at stopping in time. They put it on 4x fast forward and whoa! I just saw into the future of the football game, or missed the beginning of a scene.

One change might be this; it used to be that the first shot of a scene in a TV show was very important, and set the tone for the rest of the scene. Now, since fast-forwarders often miss that shot, maybe directors will adjust their strategy.

p.s. Jim Carey is hilarious in this parody of the new Lincoln ads featuring Mathew McConaughey
Jim Carrey Steals Matthew McConaughey s Lincoln Commercial on SNL