Best Sports Nicknames

That's right I forgot, that was Dent's, and Boone's is just a play on it.

:thup:

Bill Buckner is usually just referred to as "Buckner" around here but it's said in a way that leaves no doubt it's a four letter word.

Probably not as much anymore though, right?

Around here Joe Carter's name was mud forever, along with Mitch Williams. But Mitch has since been forgiven and no one really cares about Carter now.

It's nowhere near how it used to be.

Ahhhh Carter's grand slam ... not a dramatic as Gibson's homer but still in up there when it comes to greatest homers I've ever witnessed.

Jeff "Crybaby" George
I used to call him 'Mr peanut' because he always pushed his helmet back and looked like a giant peanut head.

1238167038.jpg

Ryne "Rino" Sandberg
Picture this:

Sitting in Hawaii watching the baseball game, hub and I are trying to find a middle name for our son. The discussion wasn't going well. Ryne Sandberg was announced up to bat..hub said RYNE...and that was it.

Although it is not a nickname, the best name in sports was a little known defensive back that played for the Pats several years ago:

Harry Colon

and please don't post two in a row, let someone else respond otherwise you're showing your cards too soon.
This is an exercise to see who knows the most nicknames.
If you wanted this to be a game you should have said so in the OP, not later on.

I'm not a mind reader.

My bad, don't take it personal.

Forum List

Back