Best Song, Worst Music Video Ever????

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Best Song, Worst Music Video Ever???

Well, it's MY nomination for the title.

Bump Bump by LSA

I absolutely am hooked on the beat and the sound. I've already listened to the Howard Stern Show performance, in a segment titled, "Cockaoke," dozens of times since the show played this past week. Cockaoke as in Karaoke but with the musical contestants singing into a very small microphone embedded or somehow attached in/to the foreskin folds of staffer Sal Governale's uncircumsized "junk".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBnzb3lbro]LSA - Bump Bump - YouTube[/ame]

* - Think about this...Howard Stern's own personal version of America's Got Talent...where he is ultimate arbiter, instead of just one of several judges on a panel, each of them having the exact same vote and sway in the judging and ultimate winner.

No, in Howie's Talent Court he could even change the criteria of the contestants. Where American Idol might cast off a great artist or group because they already have enough Rock groups on their show - according to maybe some formula of which kinds of musical acts draw the biggest audience.

Well, STC could mine these very best talents who've merely fallen between the cracks of public taste and preference and the business deciders ability to gauge those vagaries and feature them on his show regularly.

This helps in making the Stern Show the Stern Phenomena. Everything, almost everything, he touches turns to gold!

Anyway, back to the song.

It is intoxicating and I am getting an urge to hear it again right now!

And that's why I think it qualifies for Best Song, Worst Video honors.

But on the other side, the Worst Video eval, I think it falls a bit short of being the WORST Music Video ever.

It's just puzzling.

WTF was the point of the story?

And why intersperse video footage of my beautiful Latina sistah with the bump in the trunk with footage of a slimmer beauty on an A/B comparison sequence?

Clumsy. Unflattering. Pedestrian. Unnecessary.

So, I'd say the song is what earns it's way onto the Best SOng, Worst Video list.

Your thoughts and your nominations?

One more thing about Howard's Talent Court is that Howard Stern, despite being on the air and entertaining millions throughout the years STILL manages to stay fresh and shocking and that is a reason why SiriusXm is so willing to pay him a quarter of a billion dollars at a time to do his show with them.

Millions are willing to pay for subscriptions to the Satellite and online entertainment provider.

I often listen to The Dan Patrick Show on Mad Dog Sports Channel and I like the Sinatra station, but I pay and will likely stay with Sirius because of Howard Stern. As well as his always changing always interesting cast of supporting characters.

Anyway, it was pointed out on the Wrap Up Show I think, that what Stern does is absolutely remarkable.

Here is something many people may not know.

Working standup comics will often take months or longer to work up a good solid 45 minute show. Once they get it to where they like it they may continue performing that same act for a year or more.

This is a testament to how difficult it is to write a funny act or jokes or bits.

Well, Stern and Co. do it every day.

They create a new bit and write new jokes and throw them away and do it again the next day.

And after 20+ years he's never been better.

So, once again, back to the song, Bump Bump. The members of LSA who were present (the girl wasn't there) say they have a record company "on the table" which Baba-booey asked them to explain and they said the label had made them an offer but they were negotiating for a better deal.

So, there you are.

I'm done.

Last edited:
Bump. The thread subject doesn't tell the whole story of this OP.

Worst video? I lived thru the 80's and had to deal with big hair. Was in rock at the time. My bands were like the Forgotten Rebels while others had "the Spoons". I can't pick just one bad video. It was the 80's after all.

Yes I take responsibility. I promoted them. I'll take the pain. They were so much fun.

I loved them and will always love them. We used to hit Buffalo. I love that city. Well I guess only rock n rollers can. Man Buffalo rocked.

front+rebels+hollywood+blog.jpg

Forum List

Back