Best 'Road' Movies...

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
This past weekend, I decided to watch DVDs in my collection which are connected by a common theme~Road Trip!

Of course, in the movies, nothing ever goes as planned. The Road Trip movies I watched were: Thelma and Louise, The Defiant Ones, Bonnie and Clyde and The Last Detail.

Which movies about life on the open road do you like? Which ones have disturbed you?

They are going to butcher On The Road.

Anyway.. check out the Motorcycle Diaries

This past weekend, I decided to watch DVDs in my collection which are connected by a common theme~Road Trip!

Of course, in the movies, nothing ever goes as planned. The Road Trip movies I watched were: Thelma and Louise, The Defiant Ones, Bonnie and Clyde and The Last Detail.

Which movies about life on the open road do you like? Which ones have disturbed you?

the Last Detail is one of my favorite movies, my favorite line is when Nicholson says"it takes a certain sadistic mentality to be a Marine" after delivering Meadows to the Portsmouth brig.

the Last Detail is one of my favorite movies, my favorite line is when Nicholson says"it takes a certain sadistic mentality to be a Marine" after delivering Meadows to the Portsmouth brig.

bravo yankee :lol:

great movie

bravo yankee :lol:

great movie

i first saw it when i was in the Marines, me and a buddy rented it and both of us being the disgruntled types we totally agreed with Nicholson when he said that.:lol:

Keroac wrote On The Road on a typewriter with a teletype roll threaded through the carriage. It was basically stream of conscience. How on earth can a screenplay be adapted? Moriarty would be pissed.

I bought The Last Detail to round out my Hal Ashby collection. What a great surprise! What ever happened to Otis Young (Mule)? Have you seen him in anything else?

How can one mention road trip movies without thinking of Easy Rider first?

In my collection I also have Fandango, A Perfect World, and Field of Dreams.... Not your typical road trip fare but all are road trip/buddy movies.

Dumb and Dumber

DumbandDumber001.jpg

Last edited:

Keroac wrote On The Road on a typewriter with a teletype roll threaded through the carriage. It was basically stream of conscience. How on earth can a screenplay be adapted? Moriarty would be pissed.

I dunno.. I think Moriarty would go one to drive a bus called Further and bask in the fame that came with being Kerouac's muse.

Sal Paradise.... now HE would have been pissed.

In my collection I also have Fandango, A Perfect World, and Field of Dreams.... Not your typical road trip fare but all are road trip/buddy movies.
Easy Rider! Good call!

More 'Road Trip' movies: Planes, Trains and Automobiles, It Happened One Night, Midnight Run.

And isn't there an interesting parallel between Easy Rider and The Last Detail? In both stories, the heroes realize they are just as trapped as they were at the beginning of their adventures.

Forum List

Back