Best Peace Plan I have heard - From a Palestinian American

The guy's plan has some points of merit.
Such as be specific ya mental midget!

But Israel and it's government is full of DavidS type of people.
That is why Israel consistently has as strong liberal wing? :confused:
That is why a so called hawk (Sharon) took the very brave steps and evacuated Gaza.

I can almost guarantee if Hanania was the Palestinian President and Hamas came to the table like a rational negotiating party and this plan was presented, then the Israeli government would accept it!

When Hanania runs for Palestinian President I am going to donate money to him. :clap2:

You agree with that? Even with point 6? Wow!

Wholeheartedly! Actually I agree with EVERY point!

Really? Jerusalem?

Why? Because they want it? And East Jerusalem? I wonder if they'd be willing to give up their Israeli citizenship in exchange? oh wait... they were offered that... they said no. (Can't blame them, they have more rights in Israel than in any Arab country).

As for an apology?

Sorry, in case no one told you, Jews no longer have to apologize for not dying...

no... but you might want to apologize for being stark racists hiding behind zionism like Germans did nazism...

oh, thats right... being jewish means never having to placate a dirty ass goyim.

You agree with that? Even with point 6? Wow!

Wholeheartedly! Actually I agree with EVERY point!

Really? Jerusalem?

Why? Because they want it? And East Jerusalem? I wonder if they'd be willing to give up their Israeli citizenship in exchange? oh wait... they were offered that... they said no. (Can't blame them, they have more rights in Israel than in any Arab country).

As for an apology?

Sorry, in case no one told you, Jews no longer have to apologize for not dying...
If the rest of the plan was agreed to by all parties and open up normal relations to the entire Arab world, then sharing Jerusalem and the Jews giving an apology seems like a small price to pay!

On the plan:

It seems to me to be a variation of the proposals that are currently floating around from the Palestinian side. I'm not even sure what is really novel or special about it.

I agree with GHook that this is a good proposal, which is why it's unlikely to ever occur.

No solution exists to this conflict. None. It is a generational conflict and will forever remain so, unless and until men and women of goodwill raise their children to be tolerant of others, to share and to value peace.
Of course that will not happen, not until reason replaces faith and people get tired of burying their children - something both sides in this conflict have been doing for 60 years.
Likewise, the war on terror is with us until we recognized the nature of terror and choose not to be terrified. Politicians who monger fear and hate benefit from terrorism, yet have no ability to mitigate the dangers of this world. One man with one gun willing to die will usually succeed; contemporary politicians of every stripe seem not to understand that no solution exists as long as they do the same thing each day and hope for a different result. Playing paper tiger in the face of millions of matches is not the best strategy to employ, it is insane.

On the plan:

It seems to me to be a variation of the proposals that are currently floating around from the Palestinian side. I'm not even sure what is really novel or special about it.

I guess you don't do much looking at the Palestinians proposals out their.

Palestinians demands to date:
(1) All Palestinian "Refugees" will be relocated in Israel
(2) No land exchanges for the Jewish Settlements PERIOD
(3) No Jews will be allowed to reside in Jewish Lands period
(4) Hamas doesn't need to do a fucking thing or agree to anything
(5) East Jerusalem is Arab PERIOD! No sharing whatsoever.
(6) No recognition as a Jewish state

I guess you need to read more and propaganda less!:cuckoo:

I agree with GHook that this is a good proposal, which is why it's unlikely to ever occur.

If the all Palestinians fractions adopted it and proposed it at once, I am confident the Jews would accept it. The hardest part would be the Jerusalem status, but I think it could get overcome.

On the plan:

I guess you don't do much looking at the Palestinians proposals out their.

Palestinians demands to date:
(1) All Palestinian "Refugees" will be relocated in Israel
(2) No land exchanges for the Jewish Settlements PERIOD
(3) No Jews will be allowed to reside in Jewish Lands period
(4) Hamas doesn't need to do a fucking thing or agree to anything
(5) East Jerusalem is Arab PERIOD! No sharing whatsoever.
(6) No recognition as a Jewish state

I guess you need to read more and propaganda less!:cuckoo:

Read the reports from the Taba summit, and I really don't think the plan you describe is that far from those discussions.

Taba Summit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally, I think the real solution to the problem is for the Israeli to let go of the upper hand, which is really hard to do: why would they? If you are controlling your opponent, why would you give up any claim to Jerusalem, settlements, etc. Time is on the side of the Israeli (with the caveat/exception of the 1/5 of the country that isn't Jewish and that won't go anywhere).

If the Israeli are willing to let go of the clear superiority they have, then with some give and take, this could be resolved.

Israel is facing an enemy that is sworn to kill it and drive them into the sea. Why would they do anythng to compromise their ability to protect their citizens? Israel has offered all kinds of concessions and the Palestinians have agreed that they might recognize Israel has a right to exist. For now. That isn't negotiation.
Israel should declare they have exhausted all negotiating options and are proceeding with unilateral measures to insure the security of its people. That will include transferring Palestinians to more appropriate places. Like Jordan.

A peace plan will only be acceptable if it involves, at the very least, a full withdrawal to pre-1967 borders and affirmation that East Jerusalem will serve as the capital of the Palestinian state. The best plan that has been put forth so far:

The Council of the League of Arab States at the Summit Level, at its 14th Ordinary Session,

* Reaffirms the resolution taken in June 1996 at the Cairo extraordinary Arab summit that a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East is the strategic option of the Arab countries, to be achieved in accordance with international legality, and which would require a comparable commitment on the part of the Israeli government.
* Having listened to the statement made by his royal highness Prince Abdullah Bin Abdullaziz, the crown prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in which his highness presented his initiative, calling for full Israeli withdrawal from all the Arab territories occupied since June 1967, in implementation of Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338, reaffirmed by the Madrid Conference of 1991 and the land for peace principle, and Israel's acceptance of an independent Palestinian state, with East Jerusalem as its capital, in return for the establishment of normal relations in the context of a comprehensive peace with Israel.
* Emanating from the conviction of the Arab countries that a military solution to the conflict will not achieve peace or provide security for the parties, the council:

1. Requests Israel to reconsider its policies and declare that a just peace is its strategic option as well.

2. Further calls upon Israel to affirm:

a. Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied since 1967, including the Syrian Golan Heights to the lines of June 4, 1967 as well as the remaining occupied Lebanese territories in the south of Lebanon.

b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian refugee problem to be agreed upon in accordance with U.N. General Assembly Resolution 194.

c. The acceptance of the establishment of a Sovereign Independent Palestinian State on the Palestinian territories occupied since the 4th of June 1967 in the West Bank and Gaza strip, with east Jerusalem as its capital.

3. Consequently, the Arab countries affirm the following:

a. Consider the Arab-Israeli conflict ended, and enter into a peace agreement with Israel, and provide security for all the states of the region.

b. Establish normal relations with Israel in the context of this comprehensive peace.

4. Assures the rejection of all forms of Palestinian patriation which conflict with the special circumstances of the Arab host countries.

5. Calls upon the government of Israel and all Israelis to accept this initiative in order to safeguard the prospects for peace and stop the further shedding of blood, enabling the Arab Countries and Israel to live in peace and good neighborliness and provide future generations with security, stability, and prosperity.

6. Invites the international community and all countries and organizations to support this initiative.

7. Requests the chairman of the summit to form a special committee composed of some of its concerned member states and the secretary general of the League of Arab States to pursue the necessary contacts to gain support for this initiative at all levels, particularly from the United Nations, the security council, the United States of America, the Russian Federation, the Muslim States and the European Union.

A peace plan will only be acceptable if it involves, at the very least, a full withdrawal to pre-1967 borders and affirmation that East Jerusalem will serve as the capital of the Palestinian state. The best plan that has been put forth so far:

What do you mean by "at least"? What else is there? Withdrawing to pre-1948 borders?
Arafat was offered all that and turned it down.
The Palestinians have no ability to deliver on any promise they make. There can be no negotiations with people who cannot deliver. Ergo there can be no negotiations.
No, Israel needs to take the bull by the scrotum and expel those fuckers, like to Jordan.

What do you mean by "at least"? What else is there? Withdrawing to pre-1948 borders?
Arafat was offered all that and turned it down.
The Palestinians have no ability to deliver on any promise they make. There can be no negotiations with people who cannot deliver. Ergo there can be no negotiations.
No, Israel needs to take the bull by the scrotum and expel those fuckers, like to Jordan.

Arafat was offered what? Withdrawing to pre-1967 borders?

I must have missed that news.

b. Achievement of a just solution to the Palestinian refugee problem to be agreed upon in accordance with U.N. General Assembly Resolution 194.
This point will be a problem for Israel as it insures that the Palestinians need only move back en masse to Israel to take over the voting process. The history of Islam is a history of ignoring the rights of other religions.
If Israel were to let all the "Palestinians" back in they would immediately turn into second class citizens or outright slaves.
What reasonable person would opt for such?
The Palestinians who left in the 40's can stay where they are now.
Nothing else will be acceptable to the Israeli population.

Forum List

Back