Israel Agrees to a 10 Month Settlement Freeze

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by GHook93, Nov 25, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    First Israel Peace gesture: Evacuate Gaza.
    Second gesture: Settlement Freeze.

It is about time the Palestinians show so legit peace jesters back! Of course the antisemites (Shogun, Sunni, Kalam and Dogshit) will discount this move, but this is huge move and I hope the Palestinians don't do what they always do and spit in Israel's face.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    "When the period of freeze ends my government will return to the previous policy of building in Judea and Samaria." - Bibi

This isn't a true settlement freeze. I'm afraid this won't cut it - Israel's illegal encroachment into the West Bank needs to end immediately and permanently.

3. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Baby steps, Kalam. In negotiation when you are trying to achieve something, if the other side offers you a compromise when they had been previously completely unwilling to offer anything, you take their hand and say thank you. You sit down at the table with them and you negotiate.

You cannot ask Israel to completely halt settlements in the West Bank right now when the other side is offering us absolutely nothing. This is a HUGE compromise for Bibi and for Israel to make. If Abbas is smart, he will say thank you and sit down with Bibi and negotiate with him.

4. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Israel Offers 10-Month West Bank Settlement Freeze

It does not say that Abbas rejected it - it says "Palestinians." That could be anybody of any rank.

What the Arabs must realize is that Israel will never give up control of its Holiest City. First of all, it isn't the government's to give up. The Western Wall and the Foundation Stone are the absolute holiest sites in all of Judaism. Under Arab control, they would surely be desecrated, if not destroyed.

Jerusalem has ALWAYS been, even under Arab control, for the Jews. They are nuts to ask us to give it up. Giving up parts of the West Bank is bad enough.

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    You really are full of BS DavidS

The Western Wall and the so called Foundation Stone were under total arab muslim control for over a thousand years and no damage was ever done to either site. :doubt:

6. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    If Israel refuses to make meaningful concessions, its supporters have no right to complain when its inadequate proposals are rejected.

I absolutely can. There are no illegal Palestinian settlements in Israel; there is nothing to offer in that regard.

A huge compromise? If affirmation that Israel has no right to undermine the viability of a future Palestinian state through illegal settlements is considered a "huge compromise," there will be no progress.

7. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    A thousand years? Please, tell me from what year to what year was East Jerusalem under Arab Muslim control?

My records show from 1948 - 1967. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not 1000 years.

8. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Deliciously ironic. :lol:

9. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Believe it or not DavidS, but Jerusalem did have a history before 1948 :doubt:

In 638 A.D. Muslim Arabs under the leadership of Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem from Christian Byzantine Empire. Except for the short period of the Crusades. The land was under adminstration of muslims untill modern times.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,926
    HENCE freeze you dense retard!

Of course you deny it as significant because your an Islamic Radical in the same mold as Hasan! :evil: