• ELVO Kentaurus (Greece)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMP-23 (Bulgaria)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
An Infantry Fighting Vehicle is not the same as an Armored Personnel Carrier, and have different legal and military classifications. I will lose my shit if you complain about me leaving out an IFV, when it is really an APC!
Every IFV on this poll has at something capable of engaging armor (cannon, autocannon, missile launcher) and infantry (machinegun, grenade launcher).

There is a limit of 20 poll options, so I chose the most prolific from each major country with some exceptions, and any other notable mentions from smaller countries. I didn't include different models and variants of the same vehicle.

Best fighting vehicle for the Infantry is a D Model Huey or a T-10 parachute. The ones listed are nothing but mobile coffins. Just sayin'.

I believe the K21 is the best. It is light and fast, well armored, and has a devastating 40mm autocannon. It carries a reasonable 9 passengers. I also like the Combat Vehicle 90 which is similar in many ways.

Edit: The CV90 is way better.

Last edited:
I went with the Type-89. It's Japanese. Their women are hot, their culture is awesome. I loved Japan. They are the best...truly the best.
Banzai!

However, I think the Bradley is the best Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

The M2 Bradley is objectively the worse. It is trying to be both a tank and an infantry transport/support vehicle at the same time, and it just doesn't work. The Bradley is heavily armored, but not that fast, and only carries 6 passengers. Its armor and weapons are designed for tank battles, but it makes a shitty tank. The whole point of an IFV is to provide infantry fire support, and not go up against an MBT.

There is actually a pretty enlightening comedy film on the design and trials of the M2 Bradley. It's called Pentagon Wars, and it provides a glimpse into the corruption and incompetency of the US military that I am always talking about.

I went with the Type-89. It's Japanese. Their women are hot, their culture is awesome. I loved Japan. They are the best...truly the best.
Banzai!

The Type 89 IFV is meh. It suffers from a lot of the problems in the M2 Bradley, but at least its fast and has a cannon. It carries one more passenger than the junk Bradley too.

An Infantry Fighting Vehicle is not the same as an Armored Personnel Carrier, and have different legal and military classifications. I will lose my shit if you complain about me leaving out an IFV, when it is really an APC!
Every IFV on this poll has at something capable of engaging armor (cannon, autocannon, missile launcher) and infantry (machinegun, grenade launcher).

There is a limit of 20 poll options, so I chose the most prolific from each major country with some exceptions, and any other notable mentions from smaller countries. I didn't include different models and variants of the same vehicle.
Why are you such a warmonger?

Banzai!

The Type 89 IFV is meh. It suffers from a lot of the problems in the M2 Bradley, but at least its fast and has a cannon.

Well...I think it's cool so...damn your specs and statistics...:funnyface: :biggrin:

I agree with Hoss about motorized and tracked infantry vehicles. For a paratrooper, they are awful contraptions to be killed if they can't avoided.

The Russians built some very good BMPs in the day, and we studied very carefully how to kill them at the greatest distance possible with the least risk to us.

I'm switching my vote back to the CV90. It's actually superior to the K-21 since it has a rotating cannon, a grenade launcher, mine resistant, silent engine, and undetectable to thermal imaging. Also Bofors makes some sick ass autocannons. I went back and forth, but it is the better vehicle.

I agree with Hoss about motorized and tracked infantry vehicles. For a paratrooper, they are awful contraptions to be killed if they can't avoided.

I don't understand what you or Hossfly are talking about? What do paratroopers have to do with what the best IFV is?

The Russians built some very good BMPs in the day, and we studied very carefully how to kill them at the greatest distance possible with the least risk to us.

The BMP-3 is vastly superior to the M2 Bradley.

I don't understand what you or Hossfly are talking about? What do paratroopers have to do with what the best IFV is?

The BMP-3 is vastly superior to the M2 Bradley.
If true, then ever more reason to study it very carefully.

Jake Starkey said:

Well I bet they are already secretly working on a BMP-4. The BMP-3 went into production in 1987.

The M2 Bradley just doesn't meet some basic common sense standards. I can't comprehend how the country that spends the most money on its military and has some of the most innovative minds on earth, is always producing sub-par results. It's the same with education and healthcare.

Last edited:

Well I bet they are already secretly working on a BMP-4. The BMP-3 went into production in 1987.

The M2 Bradley just doesn't meet some basic common sense standards. I can't comprehend how the country that spends the most money on its military and has some of the most innovative minds on earth, is always producing sub-par results. It's the same with education and healthcare.
Not my quote...where did you get it

During the Gulf War, M2 Bradleys destroyed more Iraqi armored vehicles than the M1 Abrams.[19] Bradley Fighting Vehicle - Wikipedia Also proved highly survivable

Destroying a T-55 or BMP-1 is very different than going up against a T-90. An M2 Bradley should never go up against an MBT without support. The problem with the M2 Bradley is that it is trying to compromise between a tank and an Infantry Fighting Vehicle, which makes it shitty at both tasks.

During the Gulf War, M2 Bradleys destroyed more Iraqi armored vehicles than the M1 Abrams.[19] Bradley Fighting Vehicle - Wikipedia Also proved highly survivable

Destroying a T-55 or BMP-1 is very different than going up against a T-90. An M2 Bradley should never go up against an MBT without support. The problem with the M2 Bradley is that it is trying to compromise between a tank and an Infantry Fighting Vehicle, which makes it shitty at both tasks.

What's interesting is that the M2 Bradley originated as an upgrade to the M113
A where did you get that quote...b TOW will rip the face off anything

Forum List

Back