Best Band Ever? Any genre...

Metallica has the most talent...hands down. But I'm a man of all genres...love classical when the mood is right...but best band ever? Led Zep was great...can't stand the Stones...way too many to name to really narrow it down to one.
I'm going to put Five finger Death Punch in the ring against Metallica...yep, that's right. Full out contest hands-down between two harder than hard rockin bands! I love them both. My first thought was Godsmack...another awesome talent that can compete with the best as well.

The powerful message that needs more attention behind this video makes it count double imo;)

That being said, a little trivia question for the usual suspects: These two Stratocaster blues artists were primarily responsible for the genre's revival in the 1980s. One of which died in a plane crash. Who are they?

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton?
You got the first one right. The other artist broke out in the mid 80s with his hit "Smoking Gun". This would be Robert Cray.

Back in my teens some of us kids use to say those boys were to talented for rock music.

1619562105553.png

I can still appreciate it

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Metallica has the most talent...hands down. But I'm a man of all genres...love classical when the mood is right...but best band ever? Led Zep was great...can't stand the Stones...way too many to name to really narrow it down to one.
Megadeth.

And that's it.

I get that there were many great bands, but the music of the Beatles is intergeneraltional. Some bands had great songs and big hits, but the Beatles will be remembered and played for a very long time if not forever.

I get that there were many great bands, but the music of the Beatles is intergeneraltional. Some bands had great songs and big hits, but the Beatles will be remembered and played for a very long time if not forever.

they will always be timeless.

founders of rock and roll
Didn't see anyone post that. They were original and versatile. Probably still have more influence on music than any other band before or since.
The most talented member was George Harrison. (IMO)
No one can argue they did good stuff, and were of course influential. But the most influential of all time? No.
No single band is. Because there are too many styles that any one band could make that claim.
Personally, not a huge fan of Beatles myself, but would be ignorant to say they are not among the highest echelon. Of course.
But I take issue with folks who say no one is as influential as Beatles, or better than Beatles. That is ridiculous.
There are a line of super influential bands, individuals.
Take Elvis Presley. Go ahead and read what MCartney says about Elvis. The first time he heard Elvis in high school he attributes that moment to why he devoted himself to music.
Or Jimi Hendrix. Untold bands of the 70s - 80s attribute their styles and play from Hendrix.
Eric Clapton, Little Richie, Jackson Browne and on.
There is no one best band of all time. And it is absurd to think there is.
Your free to have your own opinion on who is the best, but that is just one persons opinion.

Forum List

Back